Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Wait hold up people didn't like MW3?

We're all suckers and even though all CODs suck they're still fun and we're big dumb baby idiots that keep feeding into it. Except Ghost of course. That one actually looked good but was actually terrible.

This one actually looks kinda ok though. Queue me as another idiot that will buy it. Not falling for the DLC/season pass this time though!

I hope being on last gen as well won't effect graphics improvement on ps4

I also got a xim since it ruled on Xbox so I'm one of those faggots

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Totally down to play with you guys on ps4 and especially the ol' Xbox 360 crew from mw3 and blops2

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

http://youtu.be/9axpBpxfw6Y

Spoilers I guess

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So is there a audio setting for this game for the PS4 gold headset that you can download yet? If not what setting do you guys find works best?

My poor turtle beach px5s are just sitting in the corner because still no bluetooth mic support :(

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Double xp all day today right? Anyone know when it ends? Today is the official release day and yesterday was the early release? gently caress real life poo poo. Surprised this game is universally praised (for the most part) by goons

Time to get my xim4 hooked up :getin:

Haven't used a xim in a while since blops2. Anything I should know as far as presets or whatever for the xim4 and AW?

Also very important do the perks for this game allow us to play a game of hush and piss off tryhards?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

On that note how's the netcode?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Target had a free 12 pack with purchase but they're $3 anyways. Also got a bag of Doritos. Don't judge me

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare: Day Zero Edition (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One) $50 + Free Shipping

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Editt

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Nov 5, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So what are the best all around weapons/attachments/perks/suits/whatever I should be using as a newbie. All about running around like a loon and shooting

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah so this game is pretty sweet. The exo suit can be annoying trying to chase down sporadic dudes but also is great for avoiding grenade spam. Especially on domination

I've mistakenly bought a season pass for past COD twice but this time I'm trying to convince myself "no it'll be worth it!" Then there's always one jerk who doesn't have it in the party!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ok how the heck do I link my gamer fuel energy whatever to my PSN AW account? I went to the actual COD website and unlinked my Xbox account and linked my psn account. Am I missing something?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'll be on in 2-3 hours for a while tonight ps4

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 6, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

One day the "next" cod will fix the netcode or actually have dedicated servers

Heh

the AW developers or whatever did an AMA and it's all "where are the dedicated servers!?"

Then again the subreddit is just people complaining about lag. Rightfully so I guess

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Looks like servers are down-ish. Keep getting disconnected

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

There isn't a COD specific one, I don't think. But check the OP of the ps4 thread if you just want to mass add everyone

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ok I haven't unlocked much but I highly recommend the HBRa3 with foregrip, stock, and QuickDraw. It has great iron sights. An ACOG Might be good with foregrip. Maybe I'll do extended mags instead of the foregrip when I unlock them.

Also lightweight and toughness. Rest is up to you.

What is everyone unlocking permanently when they prestige? Haven't gotten into the higher tier of weapons. Also what's closest to the mp7 and is there rapid fire?

I tired the sac3whatevers and they're a pain to control. Hate the way they aim

SlayVus posted:

Anyone got any configuration tips for the Xim4? I'm trying to get it close to PC feel, but having to have my mouse dpi so high feels just weird to me. I have a logitech g600 with like a max dpi of like 8.4k. It seems to me that this will take some tone to get right.

However, the Xim4 readily increased my play performance without it even being optimality set. Where as I could go rounds with under .9 KDR, I started doing 1.3 to 1.8 KDR.

Are you using the Ghost ST? It's the next best until they release the AW one which should be soon.

Do you have a halfway decent keyboard and a mouse with a bunch of extra buttons? I can post my super try hard control scheme with the g602 mouse if anyone cares.

Anyways make a custom lan game and gently caress around with bots. Crank the sensitivity up as high as you can tolerate, play with that for a bit, and then raise it some more. You want to be able to do a 180 with, oh, 1-2" of movement on the mouse pad? I also have my ADS set significantly lower than my hip firing

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Nov 7, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Did they update it to support the 602? Last I checked it explicitly didn't work.

Mine works great. Also using a KVM switch with it. Not sure if it matters but I'm using the USB dongle extender as well

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Play DOM

Still a lot of that but less

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Apparently double xp is active now through the weekend

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Can't lean

Game sucks

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:thejoke:

Wasn't the lean in ghost bugged as poo poo? Like on your screen you leaned but to them they saw half your body or something?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I am that chump looking straight that can't figure out why he keeps dying

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

does double xp stack? If you get double xp from a supply drop?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Static Rook posted:

There better be some Snoop Dogg voice packs for this eventually because I would actually consider buying poo poo like that for this Good Game.

Where are my ironic unironic bacon gun skins

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I know everyone complains about that in every COD but it really is fast in this one

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ok yeah so I'm not the best but BAL-27 with extended mags (pain to get need 6 fast double kills), stock, and red dot rules

Also running cloak, low profile, light weight, gung ho, and toughness because well I don't know what else

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Fibby Boy posted:

I've been running it with stock, parabolic microphone, and suppressor. Works pretty well since I'm rarely far enough for the damage drop off to kick in.

Light weight, blind eye, low profile, blast suppressor, toughness, and exo mute for me.

Need dat RDS

Also strafe the gently caress out of fools with lightweight and stock

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The_Fuzzinator posted:

does anyone have any experience with M+KB adapters for consoles as my dumb hands can't manipulate this controller and its causing me infinite levels of fustration

I use a xim4 as well as many others sup?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The_Fuzzinator posted:

in relation to how it feels, is it exactly like if i were to play on pc or atleast extremely similar? i was looking at the xim4 but am skiddish on spending so much on something i've never actually put my hands on before

Yeah xim4 is the only option really for the ps4 and xbone. They use a smart translator which is pretty much the mouse movement I think for specific games. Each one will have their own profile you download and use. The AW one isn't out yet but the ghost one works well enough. It's expensive, yeah, but that's going to be up to you. They do hold their value pretty well. You'll want a KVM switch if you use it at a desk with your PC. A nice gaming mouse and preferably a mechanical keyboard. It honestly feels 100% like you're on PC but I'm not some competitive counter strike player. Let me know if you have anymore questions

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Nov 8, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

jabro posted:

We almost won the last match until Christoff decided to recreate Willem Dafoe's death scene in Platoon.

Gf decided to call me for serious chat and I wasn't gonna tell her I'm drinking dew and playing COD!! I'm sorry!
We've won like every other game though

The_Fuzzinator posted:

in relation to how it feels, is it exactly like if i were to play on pc or atleast extremely similar? i was looking at the xim4 but am skiddish on spending so much on something i've never actually put my hands on before

Replied last page but here you go

Yeah xim4 is the only option really for the ps4 and xbone. They use a smart translator which is pretty much the mouse movement I think for specific games. Each one will have their own profile you download and use. The AW one isn't out yet but the ghost one works well enough. It's expensive, yeah, but that's going to be up to you. They do hold their value pretty well. You'll want a KVM switch if you use it at a desk with your PC. A nice gaming mouse and preferably a mechanical keyboard. It honestly feels 100% like you're on PC but I'm not some competitive counter strike player. Let me know if you have anymore questions

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

^ "should" be patched real soon

what are you guys holding over through a prestige? i quite like the mk14 and AMR9.

MK14 seems like it'd be a great sniper rifle. Maybe pair it with an ACOG?

And AMR9 would be great with laser sight, I think

Anyone running either of those guns and what builds?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

plape tickler posted:

I've got a xim4 I haven't gotten around to hooking up yet. Which kvm do you recommend? I would assume lag would be a concern when using a kvm switch. I'm going to drag the ps4 over to my computer desk.

edit-
this seems to be the one to get

http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-2-Port-Switch-Cables-GCS22U/dp/B001D1UTC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407754355&sr=8-1&keywords=IO+Gear+KVM+switch

Yup! That's the one I have. Works great and no lag. It's purely "mechanical" I think which is what you want

I had another one with 100000 5 star reviews from Amazon but it didn't work right but I can't remember why. Above one works great though.

The_Fuzzinator posted:

Sounds good enough for me. Thanks for the info, i play on 360 and can't stand how mushy aiming with a controller is. Looks like I'm going ot turn some tricks to get me a xim4. and a mouse/keyboard set so i don't have to keep swapping

You can find a xim3 or edge for cheaper (not much!) if you don't plan on upgrading to next gen. If you do then yeah get a xim4. If it's purely a setup for xim use then you can get s Logitech gamepad (g15 I think it is?) but I love my mechanical keyboard

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 8, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So after nerding out and finally prestiging here's some tips for new guys. PS I suck at this game

-When you prestige you get an extra class slot AND can permanently unlock an item. You lose your challenges, ranks, and unlocks. You keep your armory items, calling cards, and emblems. "Everything you've unlocked including weapons, challenges, and experience will be reset." Ok so yeah I guess weapon camo challenges aren't supposed to reset. So if you want to hold off until that gets fixed then by all means. I assumed they were supposed to reset

- that being said weapon camo is harder to get in this game. The quickest and easiest ones to knock out before you prestige are 50 kills no attachments (gold) and 50 no perks (carbon fiber). ALSO you can have multiple camos at once and overlap them

- you can sell some armory weapons for xp. Sort by rarity and when you highlight it'll tell you whether or not you can and for how much

- armory items you keep. If it's at the top left where it says (2) new items available! Those expire

- lethals are pretty pointless because of the exo suite

- sniper rifles are pretty pointless because of the exo suits and small maps and fast pace

- sprinting seems to last forever. Lightweight and overclock is fun with fast hands and or gung ho

- not a lot of good things to unlock when you prestige. Most the good stuff is pretty low level. fast hands is a late level unlock and possibly worth unlocking when you prestige if only because you can reload by sprinting. Gung ho is also really good because you can shoot while sprinting/sliding

- if you reload with rounds left you lose the ammo but apparently you're not supposed to? Only if you double tap reload which does a speed reload? Either way it's bugged and supposed to be fixed next patch

- there is a trophy system exo suit that I had no idea existed and I unlocked it when I prestiged

- most of the kill streaks suck. UAV, care package, and system hack seem to be the only worthwhile ones. It took me way too long to figure this out but you can upgrade kill streaks at the cost of more points required by hitting triangle over it. You can have up to 3 per but only once you level up enough. (Turrets are all remote btw unless you select the sentry upgrade!) Some have support which means they cost a lot more points but carry on through death. UAV with extra time, support, and whatever it is that tells you where they are on your hud when it scans is really good

- the best guns are ARs per usual. BAL, ak12, and hbr. The KF5 is probably the best SMG. Everything else seems to suck for the most part. (Doesn't mean they're not fun)

- grip is really good and you should pretty much always run it. Toughness and low profile are pretty much requirements. Probably gung hi and or fast hands too. Blast suppressor is great for TDM type matches. Stock is more of the same but I can't live without it. Quick draw as well

- target enchancer is pretty good and nice for ARs. Red dots seem kind of meh but are ok. Probably better for an LMG

- Different types of the same weapon might have different iron sights. Not too different but just check it out. Also when you're in create a class you can hit the options button (for ps4 at least) if you didn't know and test out your gun real quick instantly

Ok yeah that's a lot of words I'm a nerd. Hopefully it helps new guys out

Also I thought of a great cheese DOM build purely for points. Exo trophy, stim, (one that is supposed to boost regen) the battery pack perk. And then maybe riot shield? Then get an SMG with laser sight for crazy hip firing. Maybe sacrifice a exo suit for a smoke grenade? (Yes there are smoke grenades in this game and no no one uses them)

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 8, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Uhm yes

You can sell some clothing for xp as well in case you're a racist and don't want all that Nigerian swag

They added a lot of tiny details to this game that are easy to miss. They need some kind of tutorial

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Keep dat KDR up

I don't get it because there's a classic no exo suit mode right where it'd be a lost easier to shoot people while camping? I love getting shot by a camper then strafing around a corner then side strafing back and killing them

Whatever I'll be zooming and zipping around like an idiot don't mind me

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I don't know how I can play any other COD after this that doesn't have the exo suit. I mean it does frustrate the poo poo out of me sometimes when people get the drop on your etc but being able to avoid grenade spam, snipers, and piss of campers is worth it alone

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I hated hardcore because you die fast enough regularly did something change?

Then again I only play Dom and I never understood people who only do HC dom

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

coyo7e posted:

I hope there are some bigger maps coming.

For the 3rd time I'm trying to convince myself not to get the season pass ugh

They have access to retro maps since the one you get now is so that's promising

And they hinted at adding more guns on Twitter so yeah you know what that means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Narcissus1916 posted:

Dear Sledgehammer games,

Thank you for including a support package for the scorestreaks.

It is pretty nice. I liked the MW3 killstreaks the best and that was also a great game, imo. Idk why everyone in here hated it aside from the netcode which this one suffers from.

Is it going to turn into previous CODs where you literally have to gimp your connection to in turn have less lag? I remember some goons would say, download a torrent really slow on their PC

I just want to see what the first season pass release is so I can decide if I'm getting it or not

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 9, 2014

• Locked thread