Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
From the comments on an article about how the Star Wars prequels weren't THAT bad.

Guy was so owned he didn't even respond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
DYELIH?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Unless your teenager is Rory Gilmore, this conversation never happened:

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
I don't know about American football. How many linebackers would one school have?

Here's an inspiring speech from a professor that just changed my life:

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Eponine posted:

Paying for dinner doesn't preclude being an abuser. In fact, it could make him feel like he is "owed" something because he spent money on dinner by his date. You could just work on teaching the child to have healthy interactions with children his age, but that seems too easy and not as shareable on Facebook.

Yeah, plenty of abusers are perfectly charming at first. Even Patrick Bateman took women out to nice restaurants and picked up the tab.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Too easy to find this poo poo on Tumblr...

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Eeyore is the original emo kid.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Eponine posted:

Spanx are like wearing underwear or a bra or a slip: they're so that the fabric that, for example, this dress is made of, doesn't drape weird on your human shape. If you do not want to wear Spanx with a formal dress, you should wear fabric that has more structure and won't bunch on you. If she'd tried it on with the proper undergarments, she might not have thought that the dress looked "old."

Yeah agreed. It looks like a velvety sort of fabric, which without spanx will just accentuate all the wrong areas.

It does look like something that a middle aged woman would wear. But then again most cheaper formal dresses look pretty frumpy.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Pththya-lyi posted:

STDH: A conversation about trigger warnings was productive

Here, have some content:

E: There's a store called "Scheels" in St. Cloud, Minnesota, a city where a lot of Somali immigrants live.

Muslims be like

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Mods, name change to SEX BURRITO please.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
:cool: Awesome

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

He's a great guy. I FWDed on an email from him and he paid me a dollar for each address I sent it to!

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

13Pandora13 posted:

Wait...there's Titanic truthers? :psyduck:

The truth is that Jack totally could have fit on that floating door if Rose had moved her rear end over and let him climb on.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Here are some tedious as gently caress texts that were soooo hilarious that they got shared on Reddit a lot. And then the Daily Mail wrote about them.

Creepy as gently caress looking couple too. Especially her submissive collar.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Buttmeister posted:

Creepy stepdad

This is hilarious, but not sure if the whole thing is STDH. I can absolutely believe that this guy threw a big babby tantrum because he couldn't invite 20 friends to his stepdaughter's wedding. He wanted to cry or throw punches? What a charmer.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Murphy Brownback posted:

Every childfree person I've met has eventually later in life turned into the same cliche they hated so much and have more kids than anyone in our former friend group. I think for the very vocal ones like in those stories (i.e. not the more reasonable people who just say "I am content not having children" or whatever) it really is "just a phase" and someone needs to save their rants to show them after they start flooding their facebook with their new baby pictures.

True. I had a CF friend who constantly posted on Facebook about how she lurved her life so much and had all this disposable income, and that women with kids were just sad tired old bags smeared with baby poo poo.

Well guess what happened last year? She got knocked up and would not stop posting every single second of her pregnancy on FB. Now the kid is here she's a breastfeeding bore, constantly posting pics of herself feeding the kid with comments like 'just you dare delete this FB! I have a right to post pics of mah kid!'

I honestly feel most of the CF crowd are just protesting a bit too much.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Captain Monkey posted:

That's why she stressed that her FRIEND (as if babyhavers have real friends) sat with the kid in the WAITING ROOM like it was some mortal sin that she might heave to occupy space near a child.

Surely they should be grateful that the disgusting babyhaver, or moos as I believe they call them, are now thinking of contraception? That's fewer children to compete with for the special edition Lego sets in future.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

LoG posted:

Well that was probably written by a very obese woman.

I'm 100% sure that's written by an obese woman who probably wears one of those long Dr Who scarves on a daily basis.

The kid in that story will be a teenager now. Wonder if he remembers the strange lady throwing a tantrum over a child's book?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
https://www.reddit.com/r/pettyrevenge/ is full of STDH and passive agressive crap where the 'victim' probably doesn't even realise some nerd is obsessing about them.

quote:

Basically worked with a lady who was jealous of my position and the fact that I was friends with my boss. She was so horrible and stressed me out so bad that I would sit and fantasize about how to exact petty revenge.
Several times she was frantically looking for a file, I knew where it was, I kept quiet. It made me so happy.
Once she falsely accused me of sabotaging her work. I just shrugged and said to write down her complaint and take it to the boss. This enraged her. I also pretended to be completely oblivious to the fact that she hated me. I brought her McDonald's breakfast and coffee on several occasions. This enraged her.
She didn't know it but I was totally stressed out from her passive aggressive slamming of charts and constant huffing, false accusations and drama.
My ultimate revenge......I stopped wearing deodorant to work. She couldn't complain because my boss didn't wear it ever. I guess deodorant isn't a thing where he's from. Every time she talked to me or had a problem, I leaned in real close and smiled.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Does every fucker on the internet have fibromyalgia now? It's like a 'win an internet argument free card'. "Yeah I park in disabled spots, but I have fibromyalgia." "I can't leave the house and exercise, I have fibromyalgia." I know people who have genuinely been diagnosed with the condition and they aren't wasting their pain free times posting stupid stories.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
This one I can sort of believe, because Supernatural fans are batshit insane, but it's always a 'friend'. What a boring thing to lie about.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

goose fleet posted:

Why is it always the dumbest, most worthless people that rant about how intelligent they are

Gotta elevate yourself above your retail co -workers somehow.

Yeah I flunked out of school and work in a shop, but I'm such a misunderstood genius. :smuggo: *gets fired for lack of personal hygiene*

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

French people. Amirite?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

walrusman posted:

Oh great, another "lists of reasons why I'M the world's biggest piece of poo poo" post. If you brag about being sooo smart but too lazy to make your loving parents proud of you, you should be shipped off down the coal mines. See how you feel about that history paper in five years, Blacklung McShithead.

I was blessed with the precious gift of life, given an education that third world kids dream about, and have enough brains to do something with my life that could actually make a positive impact. But naaaah. I'm going to spend my time writing erotic Supernatural fan fiction instead. Take that society.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

drat I wish I lived near these cool people.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Moon Slayer posted:

Holy poo poo I can't get over how wacky and original all these people are!

God wouldn't you just LOVE to work with the office administrator who thinks no-one else on the planet can do their job. Half of them probably only keep their job because their employers are probably scared they'll get sued for firing someone with autism. Or they're under those schemes where the government pays their wages to keep them off the streets.

Joey Freshwater posted:

What I never get about these is why are they always labeled Husband/Wife or whatever. Why wouldn't you just use the actual names?

I had to block a couple on Facebook who called each other hubby and wifey. They'd totally do the stupid nerf gun poo poo. But there's so much drama between the two of them it'd take their own thread to describe it all.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Why do people bother with those stupid as poo poo fake letters. Why? Do you earn some sort of internet points for them?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Love when STDH makes the national news. I know it's a lovely tabloid, but still.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

NESguerilla posted:

MIL DIL what does any of that poo poo even mean? Apparently a MIL is something Reddit doesn't like enough that they made a forum for it. I was thinking mother in law but that makes no sense.

Never go near a parenting forum. Every other word is some weird acronym. Also I was confused why everyone was going on about being an FTM, which I thought was a trans thing, but apparently means first time mother.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Speaking of insufferable parents.

Nobody made this comment. Nobody gives a poo poo about your son's socks. You just want comments about what a great mother you are.

Her Facebook is as awful as you can imagine and involves glitter and pixies or some poo poo.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Is putting stuff in someone's hood considered bullying? Also, isn't it revenge enough that your high school bully is an adult working as a lifeguard? That's a summer job for teenagers.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Trebek posted:

What is the motivation for people wanting likes? I see that stuff all the time on my facebook feed. Like my dopey relatives will post something along the lines of "like and share this and you'll get rich soon". Why do these get started and what is their endgame?

So you can get a job making memes for a living? Some of my friends who work in social media constantly try to make poo poo go viral. It gets you noticed.

Plus some people really want to become minor internet celebrities and this is an easy way to do so.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

sweeperbravo posted:

It's one of those types of things that could be lucrative, might be something you enjoy on a basic level, but always turns uncomfortable when the conversation topic at a party of adult grown-ups turns to "What do you do for a living."

I don't think it's very lucrative. I saw a job for a 'GIF and meme creator' yesterday and it was a lovely freelance position. They probably pay you minimum wage, but you become the envy of all your millenial pals, which is priceless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

C'mon people. Put a bit of loving effort into your STDH. I need details. What was his clever retort to the spitter? Who got married at the end of this story?

• Locked thread