Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

bring back the dumb poo poo again like the Thanos Copter

I know it's not really what you're asking for but episode 5 of Loki did have it in background when he ends up in the area full of stuff from deleted timelines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004

Gort posted:

Might be cool if a property with demons in it had the demons constantly trying to one-up each other in evil. Like, just killing a dude doesn't cut it, any demon can kill a dude, you've got demonic powers after all. Getting a guy to screw himself over in a complex scheme where he's ultimately done in by his own hubris? That'll get you respect.

It always seems like such a letdown when a show summons literal Satan and he just wants to brawl over a macguffin.

Strong vibe of Crowley inventing the M25 to create a steady constant stream of negative energy

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004
I'll say that Santa Clarita Diet was one that I felt like was consistent it's whole way through and could've even used one more season to wrap up a handful of loose ends.

But I can also watch Timothy Olyphant try to smile and be positive while being completely overwhelmed forever and ever. So I'm biased.

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004

Strom Cuzewon posted:

One actually IIMM in this otherwise flawless movie - when the evil Sir Ademar is preparing his secret murder-lances (the tip is made of spun sugar and boot-black, hiding a sharp wooden point inside) , the servant girl explaining it to him clearly isn't a native English speaker, and puts the emphasis too hard and in the wrong place. So she delivers the line like:

"it's nothing

But spun sugar and Boot-Black"

That sentence does not need a dramatic pause!

And then he crushes it with his hand to demonstrate what she's talking about. That must of been hours of work to make that thing and he just destroys it. I wonder how many extras she made.

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004

Panfilo posted:

My IMM for S4 Stranger Things is why The hell would the scientist keep One around as some orderly in the lab as I feel like it would be a huge liability. Why wouldn't that dude be in a jar in suspended animation at the very least?

And I guess Eleven or One pretty much made the Upside Down? Perhaps their psychic powers work by reaching across dimensions, which can also be bridged by EM radiation (electric lights and speakers get affected). One/Vecna can also seem to reach out psychically to people in our dimension so I guess every human has a weak connection to this realm but people like One, Eleven, etc have a much stronger link ?

I would imagine that they're still performing experiments on one and keep him around for that. As for why he apparently also works there I have no idea

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004
Stranger Things 4 finale:

The amount of damage different weapons do on demogorgons is wildly inconsistent. You have soviet guards unloading into one with fully automatic weapons at like 10 feet and it's unfazed. Then you have Hopper put one down with one shot from a pistol. I'll grant that that one was tied down and cut open so maybe it's soft innards were vulnerable or something.

But then you also have one getting a flaming spear launched into its face/mouth and it hurts it but it's still able to spit it out and keep fighting. And then later you have Hopper picking up an old rusty decorative looking soviet sword and slicing through it like butter.

It looked cool but I just felt like that sword was too effective

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

Or something I stopped watching after season one because the story was over and had no place to go.

Heh, shows how much you know as it OBVIOUSLY goes to Russia

Andos El Pantos has a new favorite as of 16:58 on Jul 25, 2022

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004

That Italian Guy posted:

That is clearly Conan's sword.

Closeup comparison:

Lol hot drat I didn't catch that and I'm even a pretty big fan

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004

Baron von Eevl posted:

I think doctors just talk like that sometimes to put the fear into you. I knew a guy who was literally told by his doctor if he had one more drink he'd die. Would he have actually literally died if he consumed one more alcoholic beverage? Probably not, but he got sober and he's still alive where he probably wouldn't be if he hadn't stopped drinking. It's true in the sense that "if you don't stop now you'll never stop until it kills you."

https://youtu.be/IYzIrLz6RA0?si=1MJiWU1gkapjCWsV

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004
"Here is a list of 15 books, no I will not tell you anything about them. Goodnight. "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004

Baron von Eevl posted:

Maurice is just using his Calculon voice.

AHA! I knew it sounded familiar!