Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

muscles like this? posted:

THE FUTURE OF PORTABLE COMPUTING

The miniature floppy disk, complete with label, is a nice touch. The article probably says something like, "In the future, disks small enough to fit in your watch will hold up to one million bytes of data."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

PittTheElder posted:

That underlying song is called Turkey in the Straw, dates from the 1820s or so, and probably has an ancestor older than that. And like anything produced in 1820s America, it was indeed racist as gently caress.

Turkey in the Straw is not racist and has nothing to do with the lovely watermelon version. The version in that Youtube video came a hundred years after Turkey in the Straw, and Turkey in the Straw descends from an even older Irish folk song which also had nothing to do with the nasty racist lyrics attached to it by Harry Browne.

Centripetal Horse has a new favorite as of 10:36 on May 24, 2014

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Holy poo poo. Baker Dick and Harden My Dick deserve Grammys.

Say Nothing posted:

Of course, My Dick is double-length.

My Dick plays on the double-feature screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnzYG0ZkrXg

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Jesus, I don't find this funny at all. If it's sincere, and I'm not just missing the joke, it looks like someone who suffered a catastrophic life-changing event reaching out to connect with another person who might understand. I guess he was too busy getting limbs blown off to play Skyrim.

This isn't Something Sensitive, etc...

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

AlbieQuirky posted:

I love that absolutely nobody recognized Andrew Dice Clay in that picture. gently caress that untalented hack.

We were working on a reality show about his life a couple of years back. Clay's life is hilarious. He is (was) living with his ex-wife, his new wife, his mother-in-law, his son, and maybe some other people. He was scrambling to work every gig he could because he couldn't stop playing blackjack, and he was thoroughly convinced that he was still a monster star. The man lives in a bubble of outrageous delusion.

That's as of two or three years ago. I don't know if he got his poo poo together in the interim.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Hydrolith posted:

Well, the photo is from a tabloid, and the story they cite from another tabloid. Nowhere are they any actual details. So no, it didn't happen.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're wrong. K told J that tabloids are the best investigative journalism on the planet, and if you can't trust the men who protect us from the scum of the universe, who can you trust?

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

I had no idea that the default iPad background is a photograph of a body of water. I definitely had no idea that that body of water is Pyramid lake. I am reading this thread on my iPad, and I live in Nevada.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

N. Senada posted:

what was this? It's been taken down.

It was a Fleshlight holder for your tablet, so you could gently caress it while you video chat.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Mouse Dresser posted:

Does anyone have that gif of Vince McMahon reacting to hot dogs being made?

Please post an image of the cat getting safely out of that jar.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

veedubfreak posted:

Denver? Hell, even the Wal-Mart in the podunk shithole of Huntsville, TX that I lived in before escaping TX was open 24/7. I just thought that's what they did.

It depends on the Wal-Mart (they aren't all super centers), and also on local culture. In Miami, the closest 24-hour Wal-Mart was over 20 minutes away from my home. Here in Vegas, I don't think it's possible to be more than ten minutes from a 24-hour Wal-Mart.

Edit: vv It isn't so much that everything is open 24 hours per day, here. It's more that there's at least one place open all night for almost anything you want to do. 24-hour grocery shopping? Smiths or Wal-Mart. 24-hour pharmacy? Walgreens. 24-hour bingo? Arizona Charlie's. 24-hour sit-down restaurants? All over the place. 24-hour movie theater? You're hosed.

Centripetal Horse has a new favorite as of 01:07 on Jul 17, 2014

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Falcon2001 posted:

Reminds me of starbucks in the seattle area. In federal way you could stand in one starbucks and have line of sight to two others, and that's a relatively smaller suburb compared to the main bulk of downtown.

In Vegas we have Terrible's Chevrons. You can be standing at the intersection of two major roads, and three out of four corners will have Terrible's gas stations/convenience marts on them.

nocal posted:

Did you ever notice how a Starbucks Wal-Mart Target? Costco or Sam's Club, but often a Target. McDonald's was once, but beyond a Borders (LOL), every night a retail.
Personal take on the Starbucks: a very

Have you really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

davidspackage posted:

No, that's not Donald Glover.

No, he meant Donald Glover. That's not Donald Glover.

They do not look anything alike.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

I guess Sandusky has two attractions worth visiting, now: Cedar Point and "Eddy."

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Boinks posted:

How old are you and what country do you live in? :psyduck:

Is there really any corner of the planet The Price is Right has not penetrated?

Plinko rules, and your (his/her) life is slightly emptier for not knowing that.

I love your avatar. Not many songs get more relevant with each passing year.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

MisterOblivious posted:

Created by comedian Randy Liedtke

poo poo! Are you telling me this wonderful thing does not exist, and I cannot go out and buy one?

I do not have a buzz, but if I did, you would be harshing it.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

stratdax posted:

Well, if you're ever in Vancouver you can go out and get this Caesar:

"Called the “Checkmate Caesar,” it’s garnished with a full roast chicken, Score burger, slider, chicken wings, pulled pork mac and cheese hot dog, roasted vegetables (in case you’re worried about your figure) and a brownie for dessert."
http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/03/ultimate-caesar-garnish-vancouver/

A roasted goddamn chicken? I believe this is the first time I have ever wished I were Vancouverite, or Vancouvian, or whatever the hell they call themselves.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

I love these. The only thing wrong with them is that there aren't hundreds of them. I've seen some attempts at making more of them, but they suck compared to the original series.

Have an old-fashioned monkey knife fight.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul
We have this one in Vegas:

Name should be read out loud for best effect.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Kvantum posted:

As awful as these were, the Xmas pack one year with Ham beat out this one, by far. Jones Ham Soda was the most vile thing ever carbonated and sealed in a bottle.

One of the rest areas I stop at regularly on coast-to-coast trips has one of those restaurants that's like 40% gift store. It isn't a chain, just a mom-and-pop freeway trap in some tiny town. One of the things they have for sale is bacon soda. I bought one for my little brother, and it was heinous. Not that it didn't taste like bacon - it did - but because bacon should not be carbonated. Or liquid. Or quite that salty.

Edit:

I don't remember if this was the brand, but I don't think it was Jones.

Centripetal Horse has a new favorite as of 06:35 on Aug 15, 2014

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Memento posted:

Yeah from what I've seen it's the USA that's weird in not having pineapple on their pizza.

I thought this was already settled. It's been twenty years or more since I saw a pizza place that didn't offer pineapple here in the states. I've lived in Florida, Ohio, California, and Nevada in that time. I order pineapple on pizza all the time. Well, "all the time" on the rare occasions I order pizza.

Edit: I guess it's possible that some mom-and-pop shops might not offer pineapple, but they would definitely be the exception.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Istari posted:

I would like, at this point, to point at that, while pineapple is delicious on burgers, I will kneecap anyone who puts them on my pizza.

I fear there is no hope for the next generation. Or the previous generation. Or my generation. Depending on how old you are.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Rexicon1 posted:

Florida is one of the most ethnically, culturally and ecologically diverse states in the nation and on top of it, it is beautiful as hell.

I'm sorry you had a bad time because your parents took you to a lovely motel in central Florida and spent most of the time suffocating yourself in a buffet line.

GelatinSkeleton posted:

Yeah I am trying to figure out where in Florida most of these people went. DIsney World I guess? I went there once but I was a little kid so I loved it. Everywhere else in Florida I've been is gorgeous, and owns.

I was born and raised in south Florida. The photos Rexicon1 posted are a lot closer to my experience growing up there than all the "lol Florida" junk people post. Yeah, stupid poo poo happens there. It's the fourth most populous state in the nation, it's bound to generate some nonsense.

Florida also exists in a bit of a cultural limbo. If you say it's the south, people who have never been outside of Miami or Orlando tell you Florida is not the south. Those people have obviously not spent time in Okeechobee, or White City, or Ft. Pierce, or (until recent years) Port St. Lucie. I still remember moving away from Florida for the first time, and realizing that grits, pickled pigs' feet, and 10-pound buckets of chitterlings were not necessarily available everywhere. Other people think Florida is a retirement state with nothing to offer if you're not on the edge of death. Or, all of Florida is made up of Cuban criminals and Haitian voodoo priests, because Dexter says so, and some people don't understand that Florida is not Miami.

I like Florida. There were many lovely things about my childhood, but living in Florida was not one of them. I grew up literally swimming with manatees, fishing from my back yard, and snorkeling over exotic location that most people only ever see on television. I am glad to see Florida dismissed as a lovely place to live, because the less people there, the better.

That concludes my defense of the state that murdered Trayvon Martin.

Edit:

Eschatos posted:

Gainesville is ok though

Holy poo poo.

Centripetal Horse has a new favorite as of 19:19 on Aug 16, 2014

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Soulex posted:

I have seen this in more than one occasion in Florida. It's the weirdest goddamn thing

I've seen that phenomenon many times, also. When I was living on the Gulf coast, I attended a school which had outdoor walkways everywhere. The walkways were maybe eight feet wide. I remember one day when it was actually raining on one side of the walkway, but not on the other. On my left, rain. On my right, no rain.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Beach Bum posted:

Mind telling us why you walked down the center instead of on the right?

The walkways were covered. The edge of the wall of rain was located somewhere in the space between the left and right sides of the walkway.

Soulex posted:

Try to explain this to someone not from Florida and they think you're making poo poo up.

It does sound like nonsense if you haven't seen it for yourself.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Does not conform to known horses.

I was cruising around Miami late one night, when I came across this:

Aside from the car to the left, there was not a person or a vehicle in sight. The chair looked for all the world as if it were waiting for the light to change.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

I pass this one all the time:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

nerdz posted:

Also I'm pretty sure you got this one wrong. They intentionally put the messages that way, considering the text that your illness affects the whole family, including your significant other.

Imagine I posted McBain in 1920x1080 size.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

RyokoTK posted:

That sign isn't funny, it originally said "class of 2014" until someone vandalized it. :colbert:

Maybe not. That kind of cognitive dissonance isn't exactly rare in high school graduating classes.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul
Ian "H" Watkins is the British host of Top of the Pops, whose semen was popular with his stepsons in the early 2000s.

Pass it on.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul
Next time, just post pictures of your kid in the "adorable and uplifting" thread. That's what he is: adorable. He is not funny. That way, we can avoid all this poo poo.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Lotish posted:

poo poo. Actually took me a second.

Yeah, me, too. I'm thinking, "That's not funny," right before I saw it.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

twoday posted:

I sense great vulnerability. A man-child crying out for love. An innocent orphan in the post-modern world.

He is a loathsome, offensive brute, yet I can't look away. He sickens me.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

DotyManX posted:

Passed this charming mom and pop store the other day

If you're ever in Indiana/southern Ohio, and you're looking to buy an RV, visit THE RAPER.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Tiggum posted:

How do you drink an entire litre of Coke in one sitting? And with a meal, as well.

My Lovely Horse posted:

That's not really... how long of drives do you take that you need a litre of coke to keep your spirits up? Like I'm gonna take a three hour car trip next week and my driver drat sure isn't taking a litre of coke along. Is it just the hope that holding in a piss will at least keep you from falling asleep?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I cram the cup with ice when I pour a drink. A couple of weeks ago, I got curious, and measured how much liquid was in a cup I was drinking from. The result was that the actual liquid was less than half of the cup's contents. A liter on a long car ride seems normal to me, and less than half that after ice seems super reasonable. According the Mayo Clinic website, the average total beverage intake for a man should be about three liters per day. If you're rolling 960ml deep with McDonalds, and even 1/3rd of that is ice, you're only 20% of the way to your daily drinking quota.

Clearly, you shouldn't be getting all your water in the form of cola, but all this "Oh, my GOD, an entire LITER," seems pretty ridiculous. Just don't drink sugary syrup water day in and day out.

Edit: 30 minutes definitely does not qualify as "long" in my little scenario, but it isn't like the soda ceases to be drinkable when you reach your destination. You don't have to shotgun it all in the car.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

slinkimalinki posted:

No.
That would be the daily intake of fluids including all the water that is in the food you eat. The water in the food that you eat contributes a significant amount. It doesn't mean you need to get that from things you drink from a cup.

No.

That would be beverages, exactly as I said.

quote:

The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly about 13 cups (3 liters) of total beverages a day.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/water/art-20044256

quote:

Currently, the National Institute of Medicine recommends that women get 2.7 liters (about nine cups) of water per day. But the suggested sources go beyond glasses of clear water. All beverages, including water, as well as moisture in foods like fruit, vegetables, lean meat and soups count.

The National Institute of Medicine says 2.7 liters for women, if you include moisture in food. The Mayo Clinic article gives a figure of 2.2 liters for women, demonstrating that their number is sans food-water.

This calculator gave me 2.8 liters after accounting for water in food:
http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

Edit:

Lol, this guy has both the right idea, and the wrongest idea:

Centripetal Horse has a new favorite as of 13:42 on Sep 16, 2014

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

bunnyofdoom posted:

Why are cats so ripped?

Isometric exercises.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Bomrek posted:

My nephew is a literal-minded small fellow.

Homeschooling mothers all over the Bible Belt just clutched their breasts and gasped.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

No ice.

I got here a little too late :(

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

eithedog posted:

I want that shirt

I wish Shitwind was a real band with real merchandise. I would wear everything they made.

Stoatbringer posted:

It's so true! :allears:

Easily the most accurate horoscope page ever printed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

• Locked thread