Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Bonapartisan posted:

I.. I know her.

Say hi to your mother for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

IamnotJoe posted:

The things you miss with adblock.

I'm loving the"are you loving serious?" stare of the little kid in the lower left corner.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ccs posted:

There's probably a lot more people who are stable but also fans in America because it's from a different culture, and therefore the weirdness is separate? And they think mainstream Japan approves of it.
I know a few people who work at hedge funds and big banks on wall street but at the same time watch and are really into the AKB00048 anime and similar shows.

I wonder if that means there are Japanese salarymen that are super into Tumblr because they think it represents mainstream America.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
At least the 119% interest on $3 isn't too bad.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Maybe some one can decipher what this is supposed to mean.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

DrBouvenstein posted:

You couldn't think of another dark brown/black liqueur that could be used in a GERMAN drink?

REALLY?

Though I'm willing to admit it's entirely possible the Jager would be too dense and sink to the bottom.

Jaeger floats if you pour it correctly, so you're probably right.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Steve Holt! posted:

Boogie is a cool dude, he is making a joke in that there picture.

Is that the youtube dude that over exaggerates his lisp and throws temper tantrums?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

This reminds me of the story of how the New York Times called Sub Pop Records looking to see if Grunge had a slang unto itself. The receptionist proceeds to make up a bunch of poo poo, all of which made it into the article.

Here's an article about said article http://gothamist.com/2012/10/19/grunge.php

Also, content, because this is an image thread

I wonder if she added a few real ones in there or if certains ones put in use because of the article.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

a kitten posted:

They're all fake and made up on the spot as far as I know. Harsh Realm did get used as the title of a short lived Chris Carter (creator of the X Files) series.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harsh_Realm

Dish, kickers, cob knobbler, score and rock on were all used pretty frequently.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Zzulu posted:

is it really too hard to just stand up

I think the point is to give it to your kid so they do it while playing around, and then horribly mutilate the other kids when they falll while playing.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Choco1980 posted:

The son there can't quite get past that he got talked into posing with his family while wearing a sash that says "human being" on it.

Re: Jones Soda holiday mixes. I annually go to a b-movie themed event, and part of the experience is people bring in food that is horrible for you as well as having you watch movies of equal quality. Things like crab chips and chum candy, to get the ball rolling on your ideas.

Oh you can just gently caress right off.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

M'country

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

gently caress Tim Burton's Sesame St reboot.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

dialhforhero posted:

Doesn't matter if you're gay or not, if you don't think Harrison Ford is an attractive man then I don't know what to tell you. :colbert:

Maybe it's just the haircut but I thought it was Channing Tatum.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bar88537 posted:

This is why vibrators exist, doctors got bored and they already had each tired hand in a different vag.

Well modern ones at least. There is some documentation that Cleopatra had a cylindrical box she would have filled with bees.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Do do do do do, manamana

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

cobalt impurity posted:

I have no strong feelings for Kanye West one way or another. :smugdog:

That's a healthy looking guinea pig, mine never live long enough to outgrow their Ben and Jerry's pint carton.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That's where the first world babies come from, honest god-fearing heterosexual couples having their children taken away by the nanny state government for letting the kids play with loaded rifles and allowing them to be adopted by homosexuals.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know the one that got everyone in an uproar in the 70's was the uncle OD'd and the father tried to protect him by sprinkling the remainder of hiis brother's stash on the kids candy.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Here's a simple anagram to help you remember, Top Secret 2 Doesn't Exist.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Meowschwitz

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

New Leaf posted:

White/Blue is hardly worth the pentagram. I mean, Black/Red, sure, but White/Blue? Please..

Circle of Protection: Neckbeard

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bobjr posted:

This cheetah is just all "What's going on guys"

Awww, he's just looking for some Cheetohs.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I wonder if there's more to it, it feels like his is a story seldom told.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr4Ek08FEFs

There's also the fact that the characters in this one are based on Son of Sam, Ted Bundy, Patty Hearst, and someone else.

Valerie Solanas, writer of the SCUM Manifesto and would be assassin of Andy Warhol.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

121892a5b8bf3e390a posted:

Lol check out this idiot scrub calling the hearse a church truck, what about when you pick up atheists, dummy?

When it's for an atheist you would normally need a fork lift, not a church truck.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

blunt for century posted:

Man, he just looks so satisfied with his car right now. I hope he drives is friends around or helps his neighbors get supplies with his donk like some kind of donk messiah :sax:

My tires are wet but my chassis is dry, everything's coming up Millhouse!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm also a fan of Chip Zdarsky's conversations with Applebee's

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Random Stranger posted:

The use of a serifed font on that coin bothers me more than it reasonably should.

Is it Helvetica?

VVV "I swear this never happened before."

Macdeo Lurjtux has a new favorite as of 21:51 on Jan 22, 2015

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

So, do the stars make a constellation of the twin towers?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

IslamoNazi posted:

Is that gin in his pocket?

I think he's just happy to see you.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Trig Discipline posted:

That's a name brand that often gets used as a general term, like Xerox or Jello. Technically, it shouldn't be used for what is clearly a Scrote Tote (tm).

Actually I believe it's a Totes Ma Scrotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Jamesman posted:

They pulled every loving trick in the book out for the LotR trilogy, and even invented new ones. Absolutely none of that was used for the Hobbit movies, deciding to just rely on greenscreens and CGI action.

The Hobbit movies ended up costing significantly more to make while doing significantly less work.

I remember reading that it was another thing to put at the studio's feet. For LoTR they had like 3 years of preproduction to perfect and implement all this stuff. For the Hobbit they had under 18 months.

• Locked thread