Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Gonna eat every loving chicken in this pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

KiddieGrinder posted:

Not just for household trash!

It's Derelicte.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

You know, like in the third Matrix movie.

e: except the machine-swarm 4chan face would be wearing a fedora, of course.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

Organza Quiz posted:

Meanwhile in Australia:

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

It also inspired this, presumably:

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I first thought loss.jpg edit were getting really weird then suddenly my eyes were opened.

This is beautiful

In retrospect, this seems so obvious.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

RandomFerret posted:

the plasma ball thing could be cool if it was actually integrated into the body of the guitar and not just hot glued to the side of it by some idiot ODing on etsy

Or if it was hooked into the electronics to introduce feedback whenever you brought your hand near it, theremin-style.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

Nothing like sexy house elves.

Van Halen posted:

Got it bad, got it bad, got it bad - I'm hot for Kreacher.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

flosofl posted:

But... it has an ovipositor, not a...

I DEMAND my fictional aliens be anatomically correct, drat it!

Well really, if you consider the xenomorph life cycle, the closest analogue to a vagina for them would be the human mouth.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

Here, token funny image stolen from imgur so that I can continue the sfx/cgi/etc derail:

Okay, so, you can't use forced perspective in the normal way when shooting 3D, because the actor who is farther away will just look... farther away, right? But what if you had a 3D camera that filmed things through four lenses at once, instead of just two? Use the inner pair for the closer actor, and the outer pair for the farther actor, and they'll look like they're the same distance away. You'd have to do some digital blending of the scene but it would at least allow for the actors to interact with each other normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

Ozz81 posted:

Surprisingly enough, they have a short trailer for it that looks pretty neat IMHO :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjiCQgiM7-I

Did I hear that line correctly? "It's a tardigrade"?

If this means we get a horror movie with giant versions of microscopic eight-legged impossible-to-kill creatures, I am absolutely down with it.

• Locked thread