Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Rawls as Falcone is such good casting :allears:

Calling it now, the biggest complaint goons will have about this show is 'Just get to Batman already'. The show's not going to do Batman, accept it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Phylodox posted:

I hope this doesn't become one of those threads that's almost unreadable outside of the running commentary as the show actually airs.

What do you mean, become?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Val posted:

I predict you will come around. I think this show has legs.

It's stepped up to the plate, it just needs to learn how to swing the bat

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eddain posted:

I roll my eyes every time they show Nigma. Yes we know he's obsessed with riddles. Is there anything else to him besides that?

There's the awkwardness of him hitting on a girl ...laterally.

This episode felt a whole lot tighter without the Fish/Falcone stuff. The last ten minutes or so were really fun with the crazy hypnotist lady and the final scene was the highlight of the series so far.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Windows 98 posted:

I love Cobblepot and Nygma way too much. It's the only things that matter in this show.

Anyway, my comic book knowledge is only limited to Marvel. How many of these bad guys in Gotham are villains/regulars from the Batman series?

Cobblepot = The Penguin
Nygma = The Riddler
Selina/Cat = Catwoman
Young girl from pilot = Poison Ivy
Harvey Dent = Two-Face
Zsasz = Zsasz
Psycho bully kid = Hush
Banker bad guy = Black Mask's dad

I think that's all of the villains we've seen so far

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Solice Kirsk posted:

What's the Australian version of special forces? Because I think they should be called the Alfreds if they aren't already.

He's English though?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I forgot how great Donal Logue is. And so bummed to see Clay Davis die, it woulda been fun to have him around for longer.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just kill Barbara and make Morena Baccarin a regular. Seriously.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Not gonna lie, I would watch an entire episode of Barbara being a hot mess, taking dating advice from two street kids and watching Jim be happy with her mopey eyes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dalael posted:

I do not understand what is the appeal with Zsaz. I put him in the same boat as Fish. An exaggerated comic-book villain at its worst. The only scene in which he was interesting, was the first time you see him. The boldness of the character, the supreme confidence... but that is it. In this episode, the whole thing about Zsaz having done some unspecified thing to Butch, trying to make it feel as if it was all so dreadful.. That didn't cut it for me. Replace Szaz by Fish (or literally anyone else) and Butch by literally anyone else, and the whole thing would have made everyone bitch and moan.. But because Szaz is involved, its suposed to be a good thing? C'mon.

How dare you suggest that anything could replace Butch's amazing tap routine? :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Guys, the showrunners said when the show began that they planned to introduce a bunch of different potential Jokers, there's no reason to think that's changed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

If have to double check but weren't there like swords and poo poo mounted on the wall? The room gave me a kill room vibe, not bdsm stuff.

This whole storyline has always had the 50 Shades of Grey vibe which I'm sure is intentional cause it would have been filming right as the movie came out. It was very much set up to look like a dungeon.

Barbara being totally down for kinky sex is the most I've ever enjoyed her character.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
^^^ Bondage and knifeplay are both kinks people have!

Rocksicles posted:

If you think that looks like a sex dungeon, you need help. That's a world class murder room.

The two would not look very dissimilar :ssh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Nameless Pete posted:

Episode loses points for assuming we're going to be rooting against The Ogre killing Barbara.

Are you kidding? I woulda watched a whole series of the Ogre turning Barbara into his psycho murder girlfriend and it sucks they ended that plotline so quickly.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Nameless Pete posted:

Oh, I'd have been 100% on board if they were going the girlfriend/accomplice route, Harley Quinn style. That would have been amazing.

That was clearly where they were going by the time the Ogre died, Barbara was really into being held at knifepoint there

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Why the hell are Allen and Montoya listed as regulars?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
And everyone said it was dumb that she was into the Ogre's fetish murder room :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Robot Hobo posted:

Batshit crazy Barbara was great. I wonder if they cast Erin Richards to play her based on that one scene (and maybe future planned crazy in season 2) and then just forgot to check if she could bring any life to the character for the 21.9 episodes prior to that scene.

Pretty sure it went like this:

Producer: Erin, this character just isn't working. Everyone hates her! Is there anything else you can bring to the table?
Erin: :stare:
Producer: ...Well ok then

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Waltzing Along posted:

Well, those are the mains. So they probably spent more time getting the casting right. Nygma was so loving good throughout and his descent in the last few was amazing. As much as I like young Bruce, I hope they skip ahead a few years because the show will drag if it is just years of non-batman.

The show is now officially non-canon, put Bruce in the Batsuit when he hits 15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

gannyGrabber posted:

Meet his son, Salvatore Maroni Jr.

#nextseasonongotham

Butch starts wearing a mask, tells everyone he's Maroni, write it

• Locked thread