Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

2 tickets for a 35mm showing of Princess Mononoke at a local theater. The husband has never seen it so it should be fun! They are showing almost every Ghibli movie until June and I wish I had the time to go to every single one.

A replacement trash can because I have discovered that white trash cans look disgusting after a while. Never again.

Tulip Candy has a new favorite as of 06:50 on May 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Two sets of erasable ball point pens because the students at my school constantly gently caress up where to sign on school forms. Now I just need to keep a super strict eye on these fuckers so they don't steal them from me.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I don't like coffee so I cannot contribute to this discussion.

Here is what I got:

Played it a bunch with a friend and decided it needed to be part of our personal collection. I recommend it!

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Doh! Canceled order and getting that one instead! Thank you for the suggestion! :dance:

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

First time backing something on Kickstarter. An art book collection from my favorite webcomic artist

Got the normal edition, although I was super tempted by the limited edition one.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I recently bought:

Boots!

A belt!

A fuckton of PORK!

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Finally got a pressure cooker. My Brazilian roots are finally showing. It must be all the World Cup matches I have been watching.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Gatla posted:

After playing the Wii U at some assholes my buddies house I had to get one.

Good choice. We downloaded it this weekend and I have been playing every day whenever I have free time. And I'm not even close to even being deemed a casual gamer!

psyopmonkey posted:

I expect short ribs and oxtail pics within the week. Execute.

:colbert:

Not before I make my beef stew :colbert:

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Because I want to listen to my own music at the gym instead of whatever the hell they blast there.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Zojirushi NS-LAC05 Micom Rice Cooker

I'm going to cook so much sushi rice. So much.

I've had my lower budget version Zojirushi for about 6-7 years now and it works as well as it did when it was brand new, out of the box. Have fun!

Keeping with the food theme, I signed up for a CSA. It has the added benefit of having my gym as a pick-up location so I can't really make excuses to miss a workout.

Fingers crossed for receiving foods I don't hate.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Got the one on the right x2. Because my bff and I will always get matching Sailor Moon shirts.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Peer pressure is real.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

We have made friends that are a considerable amount more outdoorsy than we have ever been so I had to catch up, otherwise we wouldn't have a place to sleep in this weekend:

Columbia Women's Fast Trek Ii Full Zip Fleece Jacket

Coleman Palmetto Cool-Weather Sleeping Bag

Wenzel Current Hiker Two-Person Tent

Black Diamond Cosmo Headlamp

I guess I couldn't avoid purchasing a fleece jacket in this lifetime. I will blend in with all the tourists so well!

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Spend some time at Steepandcheap.com to help catch up.

It's a good and bad thing that I need the gear for this weekend and can't stock up with this website right now. The impulse shopping would be irresistible.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

The most exciting purchase picture in this entire thread, clearly.

It's a piece of suede with industrial strength adhesive in the back so I can modify normal shoes into dancing shoes. No more twisted fuckin' ankles on the hardwood floor!

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

But I don't have a toaster oven and putting one piece of Kit Kat in the oven would just feel so dumb.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

colas posted:

Blow torch, that wouldn't be dumb. What flavor are these? I really wanna try the green tea ones.

These are "pudding" flavored (flan/creme caramel, that sort of thing). Apparently it tastes like creme brulee after it gets toasted!

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

External battery pack for my phone that DIES WAY TOO EASILY. Sigh.

A children's book for yet-to-be born baby in the family

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Guru Yaekob posted:

Going to ask my girlfriend to marry me this weekend. I know she wanted round cut I just hope she likes it.

This looks super similar to my ring and I love it more than any ring I have ever seen (and I got to choose it myself). Congratulations!

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I am so happy you posted this. I will purchase it immediately.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Never paid this much for a ticket in my life. gently caress trips during holiday seasons. But, it doesn't matter. I'm finally going back home! (Yeah, that's Brazil)

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

For my birthday, I got a faucet. This is what turning 26 is all about.

I am so excited.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Changing careers is fuuunnnnnnnn.

But drinking new ciders is probably more entertaining for a Friday night (Rhubarb and marionberry hard ciders).

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I am so excited.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I wasn't planning on posting this, but these were the most delicious Satsuma oranges I have ever had and I will be buying a fuckton more tomorrow. Citrus season is the best season.

Speaking of food, I pre-ordered a turkey and it's gonna get delivered to my door Thanksgiving week. It's good being lazy sometimes.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

gently caress the haters, this thing is probably the most comfortable poo poo ever. CASHMERE SWEATSUIT

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

My little cousin is a bio chemistry major and I don't know poo poo about chemistry. So I got her this banana shirt with a potassium joke for Christmas.

At least I know green is her favorite color.

And I got myself this tunic that I will wear as a dress because I'm short

The dots are tiny stars!

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

New bag to go carry new laptop in. Looking forward to joining the sea of hip coffee shop goers typing in their Macbooks like every other person here.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

2 eggs, pork sausages, lemon ricotta pancakes, and fried potato things with lots of rosemary in it at Plow restaurant.

So far the only thing I have wanted to acquire in this thread.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Geoj posted:

Based on his typical food posts ITT probably somewhere in the Bay Area.

Oh gently caress yeah, I can go eat there this week!

I CAN acquire it!

I bought a stupid little pen to draw on my stupid little phone

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Is this a capacitive pen? If so, link please, been looking for one with an actual point instead of the sausage finger crap ones that are everywhere.

It indeed is! No idea if it's actually good, the reviews are pretty mixed. But, it was pretty cheap so if it ends up breaking I can always invest in the supposedly better, full-size one (this is the mini version).

http://tinyurl.com/nd5z4l2

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

squeee posted:

I got a new blanket because my washer ripped a giant hole in my favourite one.

I am so incredibly jealous. From Look Human? I've been wondering about the quality of it to see if it's worth it.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Just bought my first set of business cards and now I'm really scared about using a really stupid design idea for it, seeing as I gave myself the title of designer on the drat things. gently caress.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

My ears have been getting cold so I got a stupid beanie since I don't have normal hats.

I also paid to enter a prototyping hackathon, so there goes my relaxing weekend. I am becoming more and more a stereotype, jesus.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Booze is expensive at bars. Also, I might go camping soon.

Repurchase. I let so many people borrow this book, I no longer know who has it.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Thanks for the assumption I was gonna bust out my flask inside a bar, I guess the wording was vague enough to think that. I'm not an rear end in a top hat. :v:

It's for when we are in between bars!

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I've been spending a lot of my "essentials" budget in the "neat, comics!" budget. No regrets yet.

Also, bought a cheap backpacking pad because I'm going camping next weekend. :gooncamp:

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

Did not think of that. I am hosed.

I will make up for it by buying more comics to resist the urge.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I guess I play racquetball now. Now I just need to learn how to actually hit the ball and not flail away at any given chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

El Duderino posted:

Don't be dumb like me and see how long you can go without wearing the lame eye protection... Thankfully for me the ball wasnt hit full speed. Did take one in the ear full speed, was odd being deaf in one ear for a few hours!

I just got a new gym membership and they have courts but I can't seem to connect with people to play with, definitely miss it.

I didn't wear any since I wear normal prescription ones and layering them didn't really work out, but my friend did get hit right on the eye twice today. Thankfully he was wearing some!