Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

TheFonz posted:

I did a thing!

I stole this picture from my wife's instantgram iphone pictue taker.

That is an amazing backyard. You will love it and the kids I assume you have will love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Robawesome posted:

Certainly not everything. I can't be bothered to check old tracking numbers but I'd say the majority of stuff I order from .ca ships from Concord, Ontario. I don't think I've ever paid a customs charge when ordering from .ca either.

It depends on if it's shipped by Amazon or a third-party seller. I've also had stuff from .ca come from Vancouver too, but yeah. Anything with the prime logo whether you're prime or not is going to ship from within Canada.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Henchman 21 posted:

Paid off my truck and paid for my family vacation next year, and then went on a little shopping spree.

Picked up two of these for my reef tank

Vortech MP10Wes

One of these (because it was half off with the vortechs) to control both of those and my lights

Ecotech ReefLink

And because there's a pretty good deal going on right now I picked this up as well.

Fuji X-T1 kit with vertical grip, extra battery, 32gig card and a few other odds and ends.

My debit card is waving the white flag

You'd better post cool fish pictures or I just won't believe you made these purchases. :colbert:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I'd actually flip through the GWS product recommendation thread, those are subjects that come up a lot.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Echeveria posted:

American Apparel.

He's 18 and he's tiny compared to my other cats, and his fur is thinning. I think he gets cold in the evenings, so, I bought him a hoodie. He actually hopped up and laid nest to me purring after this.

You are a good cat owner. :3:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

FIV test for this pretty lady. All other adoption fees and costs were waived, since apparently the city animal services shelter has way too many cats right now, so they were having a special promotion. I get to bring her home on Monday!

What a fine and dignified young lady. :3:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah I wouldn't wear them out but they look comfy as hell. Wish I had that kind of money to sling around, haha.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

kmcormick9 posted:

Custody of my daughter.

Congratulations. :3:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, that's one of my favourite books ever, but god drat is it horrific. :(

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

MA-Horus posted:

Considering my dad was actually born in the Belgian Congo, I suppose I should read it.

But I know how much of an absolute loving BASTARD Leopold was already and it'll just make me hate the cocksucker even more.

I am not big on hate, but if anyone who ever lived deserves more hate, it is that motherfucker.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Decius posted:

The sad thing is, the major reason why it is remarkable is the size of it all. 10 million people killed. Because the attitude itself was absolutely in line with all other powers at the time. Few outside of Germany or Africa talk or even know about the genocide the German Kaiserreich did at the same time in Deutsch-Südwestafrika (today's Namibia), because they "only" killed about 80,000 Herero and Nama, which pales in comparison, despite the evil and horror of it.

Geez. Yeah, I had no idea tbh. Do you know any good English-language books (preferably with Kindle versions)? I'd like to know more about it. Because apparently sometimes I just have too much faith in humanity and need to crush it in myself.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Excellent, thanks.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah poo poo this sounds exactly like what I want next to my bed, I too have just purchased one.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Probably about keyboard impressions on the screen.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I like it for tomatoes, too.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Fat people need shirts, too.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I bought a kigurumi and a mechanical keyboard because I am a responsible adult lady who buys responsible adult things.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

I love that poo poo. I picked it up on a total whim once and have never looked back.

Stuff looks fantastic, I just ordered me some.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Upon checking the Cremo website the only difference between lady and non-lady is the smell. Which fair enough I guess.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

It's a super cool ring and he's a lucky boy to get to wear it, that's the important bit.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

bongwizzard posted:

They are way too small for that. At least, not alone, here is what they are for:

Now this goes into the butt.

gonna need a flanged base for it to be safe to fish up there

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

It goes in a butt.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Congratulations!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Of all the people I expected to own a Freedom Press... or are those thumbscrews?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Please hug those dogs for me.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I bought a grinder to grind my TOBACCO. It's red and I've used it a couple times and it works well enough.

Looks pretty good actually, where did you get it, I wouldn't mind a second grinder.

fake edit: for my weed

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

bongwizzard posted:

But what is the point of wireless for a stationary thing? Like a travel mouse sure, a cord is a pain, but how does it help at all for a desktop?

My next mouse has got to be cordless because I am very tired of my cat sitting on the mouse cord.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

bongwizzard posted:

Clearly you are just trolling, we all know a cat would just immediately start batting at the mouse itself if it found the cord gone.

Cassie is so lazy she'd just use it as a pillow instead. Just like she always has.

foutre posted:

Or flop down on it, start purring and fall asleep so you feel bad if you try and move it... Or fall asleep on your keyboard. You really can't win.

This, however, is very likely. I cannot win. Except by petting the cat that lives on my mousepad.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I bought a jar of snail goo and a lip balm shaped like a peach that inadvertently looks like a boob. It's coming in the mail.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

ANUSTART posted:

Which snail goo? I got one a few months ago and havent had luck with it, but mine also exploded during shipping (amazon refunded it) so maybe it got.... contaminated or something who knows I may have just bought a crappy brand.

The cosrx 92% stuff. It could also explode just from pressure changes in transport is my guess. It is mostly water.

sleppy posted:

I was thinking 'that is a really off-putting brand name,' and searched for it on amazon. I would not have guessed that people spend money on actual snail slime so they can rub it on their face.

I'm gonna be honest, half the appeal for me is thoughts of little snail farms. Apparently the brand I bought just turns the lights out and comes back to pick up the goo in the morning, which is super cute. As opposed to doing anything mean to them.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Actual snail trails, trailed by actual snails.

(I got the 92% reviewed here)

There's a lot of bs that goes around in skincare but as a moisturizer it's pretty legit stuff.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Not long ago I bought a ring. It is uniquely handcrafted by someone I know, and I plan to offer it tomorrow to the woman I will propose to.

I hope she says yes. We just bought a house together so the risk she doesn't is probably limited.

Good luck and congratulations~

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

optical media is a lovely name for a penis

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Kontradaz posted:

The difference in adultness quotient between those two is comic

Joke's on you, I want both those things.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, I remember marvelling at the little fine print in my high school's copy of Dune saying portions had been published in Playboy.

I have really liked some of the stuff that I have seen from them lately, too, a subscription does not sound like a bad idea.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I just bought an almond croissant and got a free tea from Starbucks.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

App13 posted:

Anyone know if those cleaners are good at cleaning glass pipes/bongs?

Related: Bought more hue lights (down lights for the living room). My entire apartment is now connected.

Probably not, the lack of water solubility is probably gonna be an issue there.

My preferred cleaning method there is simmering it in milk and making hot chocolate, but on anything bigger than a vape stem this is probably both impractical and unwise.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

prom candy posted:

Do you have a legit government of Canada medical card or one of those ones from a backroom dispensary? I've been wanting to check out the dispensaries that are popping up in my city but I'm kinda chickenshit.

These guys helped me get set up. I got a discount for them not having an office in my city yet, even.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

How much does a baby retail for these days, anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

TraderStav posted:

I'm not up on my Canadian citizenship laws but it may also have the baby being a Canadian citizen. Anchor babies could be en vogue in this administration as a way out.

I am pretty sure we do jus soli here in Canada, yeah.