Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Can you tell me how to get Amazon (and Kickstarter) to accept cash?

vv This, but with Amazon points towards Amazon purchases!

IUG has a new favorite as of 01:19 on Nov 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

How fragile would that wood be over time, and wouldn't it start to absorb sweat?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Smashing Link posted:

Makes me wish there was a thread "PYF Nerd Collection".

I wish there was one too, even if I was going to be laughed out of it for my nerd collections.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

He was just testing his new Macbook Pro with the touch strip emoji keyboard.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Enjoy seeing the crumbs in your new keyboard forever.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Sexual Lorax posted:

This is the Mojo v3. It is neither a gun part nor a bicycle part:

It's a little FPGA with an Arduino roommate in what the vendor claims is an easy to program package.

These are shields for the Mojo. This one is for playing with up to 24 servos:

This one is covered in RGB LEDs, has a light sensor, buzzer, and microphone on board, and includes three buttons. I think the intent was to make it easy (plug two things together) to make it hellishly difficult (code the hardware THEN code the software) to make a clock:

This one is just a hot mess of inputs and outputs:

This one isn't a Mojo shield, but it is a book by a good publisher about the Mojo. It uses the hot I/O mess shield in examples:

Ever since reading this article about FPGAs, I've been fascinated by the idea of reconfigurable hardware. I've very likely bitten off more than I can chew, but it should be all kinds of fun to make little beeps and boops in entirely too complicated a fashion. It blows my mind that I can just plug an FPGA into a laptop as easily as a drat Arduino, and that I can do it at the Mojo's price.

Is there a topic on this stuff on SA? My coworker gave me an Espruino board to play with. I know nothing about this stuff, and want my first project to be a simple pulsing LED.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Isn't Greece's economy poo poo? I imagine you can get some stuff cheap from there.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Loved the first 2 volumes of Rat Queens but bounced right off the third. Not sure why.

It just got brought back to life with a new artist, and it has been as good or better than when it was at it's peak. It's renumbered, and #3 just came out last week (or the week before), so it should be easier to find and start again. There isn't much that you need from the previous run of it, and they time skip from when it got soft-canceled to the current storyline. Basically, anything that got added (like a new member) is exposition'ed to catch you up.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

Just bought something that might get me killed

2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom Special Edition

If you don't mind me asking; How many miles and how much? I have this exact bike I'm going to sell soon.

vv Thanks!

IUG has a new favorite as of 20:07 on Aug 8, 2017

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

App13 posted:

drat eversource :argh:
:emptyquote:

(I'm from CT though.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Desert Sessions 11 & 12, coming back after 16 years since the last volume. Had to order the vinyl as last year for Christmas my wife gave me Vol 1 & 2 out of nowhere on vinyl. I don't know how she knew I wanted them.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Almost $150 worth of music on Bandcamp. They're doing the thing again where they forgo their cut of the profits so it all goes to the artists. Looks like they're doing it the first Friday of the month for this month (today) and the next two months.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

It's the quarantine, so that means I'm doing puzzles. My parents had the bottom two already (Office and Beach), and I just ordered one on eBay, the Fitness Center.

I'm going to try to get the other three, City Hall and High School, and probably get the "Kids" one that's only 100+ pieces, just for completion.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

FutureBoy posted:

https://shop.diamondselecttoys.com/rocketeer-vinimates-vinyl-figure

I discovered that there was a Rocketeer figure I didn't have and this will not stand.

Please post your Rocketeer figure collection. Only because I imagine it looks exactly like someone's anime figure collection, but with Rocketeer figures instead.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That’s a fun little photo you have there.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rolo posted:

Special edition red Fashion Nugget preorder:

Now if they would only reprint Sinking Ship. :mad:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

An under-sink filter for drinking water:

The water here isn't terrible, but it is a little chlorine-y, especially if the water sits out for even an hour or so...I think the light breaks down the bonds or something? Either way having a small faucet getting filtered just for drinking water will keep the filters from getting wore in out from Easter used for cleaning, watering plants, etc... And is easier then a Britta thing in the fridge (and fries up fridge space )

Takes standard 10" filters, and the hardest part of the install will just be drilling a small hole in the sink, which I don't think will be hard at all, I already have a small hole saw.

Wouldn’t you want a water pitcher in the fridge anyways, for cold water?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

My wife is playing that game (and Monkey Island 1 is her favorite game), and is loving it. I didn’t like the art style at first, but came around to it in gameplay. It reminds me of a Double Fine game. The animation is a bit crude, but the art style and colors are gorgeous.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is it a promo code or something? I don’t see anything advertised on their site, but my wife loves those socks.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Vanity plates. Guillotine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I did!