Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jgrrr
Oct 3, 2007

&

fliptophead posted:

Tickets for my wife and I to go see Veruca Salt in September. 90s grunge :)

I saw them almost ten years ago, not sure if they've put out any new albums since, I think, one after "8 arms to hold you" but I had a blast at the show iirc.

Can't say I still listen to them though, hope you enjoy it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jgrrr
Oct 3, 2007

&

SpartanIV posted:

Bought this as a desk toy for work since we have a red tailed hawk that lives around our office and he's constantly on our balcony railing.

It's totally adorable and makes the stereotypical hawk sound when squeezed :911:

That stereotypical hawk sound isn't actually a hawk fwiw

jgrrr
Oct 3, 2007

&
Well I'll be damned. What I get for trying to rain on a parade

jgrrr
Oct 3, 2007

&

A Man and his dog posted:

A $10 four pack of these.
So. drat. Good.

I bought a case of these for around $40 since it would have been too expensive to keep buying four packs at :10bux: a pop. Been keeping an eye out for the 120, I'd settle for a four of that since I've never had it, but bottle shops near me don't seem to carry it,

jgrrr
Oct 3, 2007

&

FredLordofCheese posted:

Bike tech has changed pretty significantly in the last 15 years, you might be surprised at what you can do now! Plus every time you go up the hill you get a little better.

I started biking 2 miles to work last year and it would take 15+ minutes, now I can do my 6 mile commute in just over 18 minutes. I also lost more than 2 inches on my waist and fit into a bunch of pants I thought were gone forever.

Content:
Got my fiancee a Nomiku sous vide machine at the beginning of the month. I need to bike more to work off all the delicious food I have been eating.

We just had 24 hour slow cooked pork shoulder yesterday and it was jaw droppingly good. We made 10 lbs and shared with friends.
http://www.nomiku.com/

I have a friend that works for them, that might actually be her hand. She always posts crazy things that they make at the hq like ice cream and pasteurized beef tartar.

I've yet to pull the trigger on one myself, but I hope you're enjoying it!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

I have two PS360s and have been really happy with them so far. Too bad about the PS4 compatibility though.

The ChronusMax should solve your issue for around $50. We picked one up so my brother could use his accessible 360 controller with the xbone.

obi_ant posted:

Should I buy a Brita water pitcher or should I buy a Pur 2-Stage pitcher?

Are you filtering water for anyone other than yourself? I bought a Brits squeeze water bottle and have been pretty happy. I'd swap it for a hard bottle if I had the chance though.

My experience with Pur products has been less than satisfactory, usually resulting in a poor fit (faucet attachment) or broken within weeks (faucet attachment and pitcher)

jgrrr
Oct 3, 2007

&

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

They're banned from pretty much every tournament because of the macro function, and I've had more than one friend burn out a USB port from using it. Not for me.

Ouch! Disregard then. It worked for our purposes, wasn't aware of the tourny rules, or the fact that it burnt out ports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jgrrr
Oct 3, 2007

&

Keetron posted:

A Kobo Aura for my 13yo daughter, she reads about a book a day at the moment and I told her to go to the library or she could start buying her own. At least ebooks are cheaper than dead trees, at least lighter to carry around. She will be repaying me the Kobo in €10 monthly payments over the next year, I wonder if the thing lasts that long. I am a horrible father trying to instill some financial wisdom into his kids.

Fwiw most public libraries have an overdrive system where you can check out ebooks for a week at a time. Should be able to put them on most devices (they generally offer ePub, azw3, and PDF formats).

strangemusic posted:

I also bought House of Leaves, thanks for the recommendation postmodern goons!

I just finished this book on my very own Exploration No. 3. The first two I found myself unable to penetrate any depth, and this time1 I completed the novel.

1: I rolled through the book quickly with little effort. The obsession made it appear as if I was moving against my will.

Cuniculous posted:

Because I want everyone who comes to my apartment to know how sophisticated I am.

I need a link to this please.