Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

Ragequit posted:

Since they are wireless, is there any issue with noise/hissing when audio is quiet or not present?

I have a set of these. Mine has a very faint electrical whine when sound isn't playing.

Really wish the battery life was better. They'll work all day long if I'm just browsing the internet or youtube, but if I'm gaming they'll die in about 3-4 hours.

I guess its also good, cause you should probably go outside after 3-4 of straight video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Etrips posted:

So stoked for this thing. Anova One sous vide immersion cooker.

The thumbnail made me think that your kitchen appliance ran Windows 8.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

beanieson posted:

Actually this is the best cheap(ish) ballpoint

http://www.amazon.com/Zebra-Point-Retractable-Black-Stainless/dp/B00HM7IXUS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1421031358&sr=8-5&keywords=Zebra+f+701

$7 for 1, 2 pack for $12 on prime. I dare you to try one and tell me it's inferior to any other cheap ballpoint.

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Retractable-Premium-Roller-Point/dp/B001GAOTSW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421037459&sr=8-1&keywords=pilot+g2

Unless those aren't ballpoint? Whatever G2 for life.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

For actual content, I just bought this cause I'm...dumb...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IEZGWI2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Jay London.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

In actual buying things news, I ordered these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SAYCVTQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

and these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MFDT894?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

flosofl posted:

Ah, the tablet is reversible. That's an entirely different kettle of fish and it's making a lot more sense now. For some reason my brain had locked onto it swiveling all the way around at first and when informed it doesn't do that, I just assumed the only way to use it as a tablet was undocked. This is better.

It's kind of reversible. You have to undock the tablet, flip it around and then dock it again. Then you're basically just closing the laptop like normal.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Gearing up for my Euro trip.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014EBM3KA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V6AMOH0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016Y8I8DM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OY893YI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

I sold all my stuff and told my job I'm quitting in two weeks, going to go backpack Southeast Asia, so I bought the "I'm going to try being a travel writer and then give up on it in a few days" pack.

At least I'll be able to take some pretty pictures.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

As long as you understand, you may have to come home at some point, have a loving blast!

The original plan was to move back to the UK from the US, the backpacking trip got tacked on cause why not. I'll do it until I run out of the money I put aside for travelling.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I'll sign off on this and wish you the best of luck if and only if you swear you won't make a pretentious travel blog and bore your friends and family to death with it

My first post will start with "Life? What is life? Who gets to decide what we do in our li-" and then throw my laptop into a lake.

The laptop is more to build up a web development portfolio during downtime while traveling, so when I'm finished I'll still have some resemblance of a current skill set.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

PCOS Bill is a great poster.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

khysanth posted:

x2 (one in black)

Me and wife are tired of checking in luggage when we go on vacation!

I bought that same bag in black. It's awesome, fits a lot more stuff than you would think.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Picked up a couple cheap m4/3 lenses.

Olympus 40-150mm

Wesley 34mm

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Bought an Inspiron 13 7000 2 in 1 to be able to test my web dev stuff on a large touchscreen (definitely for that, not for Netflix in bed...).

I'm really surprised by how much I like it. The trackpad is actually really good for a Windows laptop, and the battery life is great.

Picked up the i7 version.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

treiz01 posted:

Not something I planned on getting but

I thought they stopped selling these because they are bombs?

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

YT Red was one of the all time worst ideas on how to further monetize YouTube.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

dpack_1 posted:

I got a Steam Link to put in my bedroom so I can game in comfort and at a reasonable resolution.

The old rear end desktop i'd been using as a HTPC in there had it's HDMI-out poo poo the bed so running from a VGA output where the TV only allowed 1024x768 has been killing me.

Hoping I can also link VLC and Chrome as a 'game' into my steam library and stream everything i need, thus eliminating the need for the busted old desktop completely.

I don't know if Steam Link supports apps, but I would check to see if you can set up a Plex server, it's awesome.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Started using an imac with magic trackpad at work and liked it so much I turned my PC at home into a poor mans 2k iMac

http://a.co/3BxIUVw

ddiddles has a new favorite as of 03:09 on Feb 22, 2018

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Etrips posted:

Why 1080p?

Because having the CPU/GPU combo for running games at 1440p/4k above 80fps is a nightmare of throwing money at your computer.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

We might have been looking at the same guitar because I just picked this up a couple days ago.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

My old lovely car got stolen so I bought another one thats actually fun to drive.

2013 Focus St

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

I bought a motorcycle cause I make stupid decisions.

2020 DR650 :getin:

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

I need something to do that isnt a computer so I bought some books.

For some reason going to school in Idaho they never really bothered with making you read anything, so I'm trying to read the stuff you were supposed to growing up to try and stop my brain from deteriorating so fast.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

1redflag posted:

All of Dumas’ work (and a lot of other works that are out of copyright) are on project Gutenberg (Gutenberg.org) for free in a variety of electronic formats if you have a kindle or other electronic reader fyi

Thanks for the tip, I went with the paperback so I could take them camping and not worry about charging anything.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Bought an eBike (Himiway Cruiser) to replace my dirtbike so I can explore the mountains but also not be fat anymore at the same time.

This must be what fit people feel like when they ride. Super fun, tricks you into exercising, I rode around for longer than I've exercised in years.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

2018 Outback 3.6r, I'm in love with this AWD system, I think I may like this thing more than my F150, which I didn't think was possible.

Also, kind of not pictured, but the back is full of dog food and puppy gear cause I'm gettin a puppy soon :)

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

I uh...cant stop spending money :(

https://lunacycle.com/z-1-enduro-ebike/

Now to constantly refresh my inbox.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

I really just bought it to get out into the back country, if I rode down a mountain bike trail right now I think most of my joints would crumble. Hopefully in the future I'll get into that stuff though.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Best $350 i ever spent. 9 week old lab retriever/border collie mix. Already peed in my kitchen.

Also, I've spent an obscene amount of money transitioning from a life hopping from airbnbs and owning nothing, to having a place I'm gonna stay, so I'm gonna dump a whole bunch of stuff here cause no one else but you nerds cares.

Luna Z-1 Enduro emtb

New standing desk, studio monitor speakers and piano to start making terrible music again.

A whole bunch of ryobi power tools because I made the mistake of buying some lawn equipment from them and now I'm in the system.

Updated my monitor with a 32" 1440p

Also, not pictured: A stupidly overpriced house rental, a DJI Mavic Air 2s, Oculus Quest 2, furniture/electronics for the house, Nikon Z6 mirrorless camera with a big ol 24-200 lens on it to take photos of mountains.

Fuckin' antidepressants, stop pulling me out of a 10 year slump and making me like doing things again, its expensive.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Joburg posted:

I have a dog like that! Add about six years though.

Last month I bought him a knee surgery and he’s on limited activity for 7 more weeks at least :saddowns:. I’ve bought LOTS of dog tranquilizers…

That is a very good dog

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Does a donation to a rescue count?

I got a puppy a bit ago (I think I posted him here too) and finally realized why everyone told me it was a bunch of work, ended up brining him back to the shelter to hopefully go with a family that can give him 24/7 attention. Saw this girl on petfinder and couldnt help myself. Year old blu heeler/australian stubby tail mix, about a year old. Has all the basic training down and is the most chill dog I've ever met, its so good, she's sleeping on my bed right now

I bought her a bunch of toys and treats as well.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

I got dis

Poseidon X Gravel Bike (not my picture, furiously refreshing the tracking info atm)

Selle Anatomica H2 in Oxblood Silver

I had a very expensive electric mountain bike that I was too nervous to to take anywhere I had to leave it, decided to sell it and get a commuter that can handle some forest roads.

Thinking about changing out the bar wrap for something that matches the seat color.

ddiddles has a new favorite as of 08:46 on Aug 6, 2022

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

I bought yet another very weird looking gun part.

https://www.polygonbikes.com/siskiu-d7/

Lookin to enter my late 30's with full body paralysis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

that looks like a portlandia sketch