Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Or you can let the dude just buy what he likes and learn from his mistakes. I like express shirts, especially for more casual wear. I've worn other brands and they all have things that nag me about them.

No need to go and type out a novel to explain to someone why he should return the thing he likes. Do people know they can get higher end stuff? Yes. Do they care? No. Why? Because it's not Beats by Dre.

Edit: I get upset when I see my friends buying AMD chips because it has sixteen cores or whatever, when they're never going to need anything of the sort, but I don't go off on them to that degree.

Eldritch BiLast has a new favorite as of 16:03 on May 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Uniqlo just opened up in the area, so we went today and picked up some stuff. No pictures, but I got two of their Supima shirts in Orange and Purple, and a pair of their Airism Boxer Briefs. I need to go back and pick up some of their selvedge jeans. Grand opening sale, and all that.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Mister Kingdom posted:

I had VHS copies of all of the concerts (except Rome) and they were all well played.

I thoroughly expect you to trash anything that is post Gabriel. :colbert:

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

gypsycabdriver posted:

Santa Cruz Skateboards X Rockin' Jelly Bean decks

Huh, so that's what happened to the old Hook-Ups boards.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

strangemusic posted:

Jubeat is awesome, I cannot believe that you are going to BUILD a Jubeat machine, how is that even going to work?

It's one super long monitor that sticks up through the cabinet there. The DAO or whatever it is hooks up and is mapped to different keyboard buttons. I believe it's

code:
1 2 3 4 
q w e r
a s d f
z x c v
You map the panels to the keys and then go from there.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Kosh Naranek posted:

Basically what Xenoletum said. There is apparently a scene for this sort of stuff, this is from a buddy of mines 30th birthday, done nerdstyle: http://imgur.com/a/bDY6k

They only had touchscreens for Jubeat, but since then controllers have been released.

I've been dying to make a SV controller for a while, but can't afford the parts. It's nice to see it running on a poo poo hp machine though.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

So either you're looking to piss people off about the mismatch of team/sponsor/player/number, or you're looking to piss people off about about Dubai, MCFC, and Ronaldo?

:getin:

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
I don't even remember making that post last night holy poo poo. Don't post with a high fever kids. It'll gently caress you up.

For content, I bought some resume paper yesterday since I got laid off and already have interviews scheduled for other companies rolling in. :yotj:

Those are some sweet rear end kits though and I wish I had the money to afford one, minus the Ronaldo stuff, of course.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Humerus posted:

Isn't it kind of customary to show up to a job interview with a resume in hand, even if they already have one?

That's what I was always taught. Always show up with multiple copies of your resume ready for any extra interviewers to go over. Even if they don't need one, you're showing you're prepared for a bad scenario.

I use some sort of fancy paper just in case they do want one of my copies, so that way it stands out among a crowd of boring laserjet paper.

Fake it til you make it.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Oh god there's a pTrumpet. So sad I'd have to pay import fees.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Glottis posted:

Time to contribute, cause I buy a lot of poo poo

60" Vizio which was 50% less than the 42" Vizio it replaces, and 100% more surface area!

Probably a bad time to mention that Vizio is now rolling out a 50" 4K UHD starting at 999. Their largest, 70" is 2.5k.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Sazabi_Master posted:

Haha, I'll probably wear it out for one night of epic drinking but for the most part no.

Will you have many lulz on your night of epic drinking, or will you exclaim "fail" when you're turned down by yet another friendzoning scum?

I bought six tickets to the WWE Royal Rumble in January. Nothing better than watching this poo poo with five buds.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

App13 posted:

I just realized I only know these lyrics because of the girl talk song, and have no idea where they are originally from

The song aptly named "Throw some D's" by Rich Boy.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

NotAnArtist posted:

My literal seconds of looking at the tokyo milk website have not provided me with an answer so I'll ask here, do they do men's scents? I'm looking for a new cologne.

Most fragrances can be pretty unisex, as everyone's body chemistry brings out different notes, and everyone's scent of smell brings recognizes different notes. My best suggestion is to just go to a Sephora, grab a few of them and look at what scents it has. Spray it on a test strip and give it a few seconds, then waft it to see if you enjoy the smell. If you enjoy it, ask them for a sample and they'll fill a small plastic sampler up for you.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Hello, Income tax and Paycheck.

For the S/O who is using 5 year old parts:

For me:

For my car:
+ wiring kit, steering wheel control kit, and mount brackets.

Debug, De-grease pre-wash, hand wash, hand dry, vaccum, clean windows, tire dressing, spray wax, shampoo floor mats, machine polish, and what you see above.

Eldritch BiLast has a new favorite as of 22:29 on Feb 13, 2015

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Bottom Liner posted:

Except Exploding Kittens obviously went through development beyond that initial concept and looks great. Meanwhile, the Conan game will be delayed at least 6 months, especially with those ridiculous stretch goals. Bitter former KS boardgame backer here.

It's still giving money to the loving oatmeal which is like, only marginally better than giving money to Megatokyo or some poo poo.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
First pair of Jordans in my life. Jordan 1s in Teal and Infrared.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

NYCFC Away Kit

Real Madrid Black Kit (after i made an rear end out of myself mocking Bape Culture that one time)

Ticket to the Derby Game with the NYCFC supporters, lets do this.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Bought these last weekend:

NYCFC Primary Kit to go with the Away Kit

Tickets to this game, which was an amazing environment to be in. Apologies to anyone who may have been on the PATH train with us.

Buying Wednesday:

Several tickets for my friends and I to catch this game.

Down deposit at a prorated price since I've figured out that he Union and NYCFC's schedules line up for maximum northeast soccer.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Perry Normal posted:

And another kayak. 10 foot this time. Really looking forward to taking it out tomorrow.

The idea of you in a kayak is hilarious to me and you/your SO better post some pictures up of your adventures.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Got a pair of these:

But when you bounce a flash off of it:

e: Here's some pictures, since I was skeptical of it actually working as intended:

No Flash

Flash and sole focus:

Flash and at distance:

Eldritch BiLast has a new favorite as of 10:43 on Aug 29, 2015

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

strangemusic posted:

Link, drat you! Link for all that is good and holy!

Seems that Foot Locker has only select sizes left, and they ship to the lower 48 US only.

http://www.footlocker.com/product/model:236469/sku:D69366/adidas-originals-superstar-mens/gold/olive-green/

Champs Sports has size 8.5 and 13s on their website

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

I was looking at some ZX Flux with that same design. I feel like I'm sold now.

It was between the superstars and the flux for me, but the Flux was out of my size at the store I was in. They're a much softer feel and wrap closer to your feet, but I couldn't get them, so I just also grabbed some shoe inserts to help with my flatfootedness.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

88h88 posted:

Explain.

Quadcopter part

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Lawen posted:

Atlanta United authentic away jersey

I'll see you at the end of that supporters shield race. Here's hoping you drop or tie one of the last two and we win out.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

App13 posted:

Its gigabit (1000 Mb) in New England. I was previously paying $90 for 200Mb without rental.

It's still over coax and speeds are only measured to your local hub, not to mention it's not synchronous with the upstream since they haven't fixed their problem with docsis 3.1 still being filtered hard by the old equipment.

gently caress comcast.

Picked up a new computer case:

some stickers from a shop at the punk rock flea market:

moe shop cassette

hanabi

netrunner

iPhone xs

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
The cassettes I've got are mostly vaporwave/future funk artists. All of the purchases include the mp3 files for you to have in high bitrate, but part of the art behind it, i'm guessing, comes from releasing having the imperfections of a cassette tape.

The Moe Shop cassette was a limited of 500, when I got it there were 50 left.

Saw a few copies of Lust from Meishi Smile left for sale, this album helped me get through some tough times when I moved to NYC, so it's nice to have a hard copy of it.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

ZeusCannon posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good zippered hoodie? I have an enclothe one that I love the design for but it's getting ragged and their new designs I'm not a huge fan of. Figured I'd ask here if any fashion minded people would have advice

https://www.american-giant.com/classic-full-zip/M1-1A-1.html

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Haven't dropped purchases since Blizzcon:

Jaina Hooded Shrug

d.va sling backpack

d.va basketball shorts

deadlock rebels bandana

blizzcon badge backpack

complete series 1 and series 2 patch collections via blind bags

complete series 5 pins in color, heart of azeroth pin, blizzcon pin, fusion pin, and shadowbox to put them in

WoW Mythic Dungeon Invitational hoodie

Diablo 3 Eternal for Switch

Sneak energy powder and shaker bottle so i can cut drinking soda (sugar free, too).

Blue Murloc Kigurumi

Razer Naga Trinity

Razer Blade 15, 500gb SSD/GTX 1060 Max-Q/i7-8750h/144hz screen

Koi CBD Blue in 500mg

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
It's weed vape juice minus the THC

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

SEKCobra posted:

Where do I get this?

I picked it up at Blizzcon, but I think they'll be out for all to buy in January. They were only available for attendees of the convention. It's smaller than I had hoped for, but it was big enough to carry my Switch and a few other essentials around the show floors.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
My tC got totaled on Christmas Eve thanks to road construction and rain.

Got a 2019 Toyota Camry LE.

:homebrew:

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
The Trocadero in Philly is closing its doors so I got tickets to two of the last shows running at the venue, one to an artist i've been meaning to see forever, and another that I figured would be a great show anyway, being Finnish Goth Rock.

Kids by The Midnight on Cassette and Vinyl

Timeless by Desired on Vinyl

Not Pictured but I also paid my supporters club membership dues. Woo soccer.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

ReidRansom posted:

There's another repress of this so I thought I'd pick it up

Super jealous because I missed this -again-. I need to have a friend hit up the HMV in Shibuya because they always seem to keep a stock of it there.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

I only checked the picture album like a moron. Snatched. Hell yes.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

SpartanIvy posted:

I've literally never watched sailor moon but I bought one too.

It really has little to do with Sailor Moon outside of maybe a few voice clips from the Japanese version, otherwise it's some solid future funk and a good investment as these small printings only seem to hold or go up in value.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

ReidRansom posted:

I think I learned about this label from you, so I'm glad you (and everyone else who grabbed one) were able to pick it up.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable vinyl pressing of CHAM! by Macross, so far Sailorwave 1 and 2 got pressings, Million Miles Away has two pressings. CHAM! has to be next for a pressing and that's the one album that got me into the artist, and ultimately into this future funk genre.

This one finally came in the mail the other day, after months of waiting.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Tim Whatley posted:

Crossposting from Switch thread. Bought Atomic Purple shell for my Switch and a SNES themed shell for the Pro Controller. Wasn't nearly as hard as the Joycons but still some ribbons to detach on the Pro if you're nervous of stuff like that.

I have the same shell from my switch, It holds oil like crazy and gets really slick fast. It's a nice throwback shade but it's not the same grip as the old atomic purple gameboys.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Kept the rebuild under 2k, too. Got an insane deal on the video card, open-box. Everything sourced from Micro Center, so got the Ryzen 7 3800x and x570 motherboard as a bundle, dropping the price an additional 50 bucks. Price Matched the cooler with Amazon and had a 5% off coupon.

Won't need to upgrade for another few years, going to go back next weekend and get the same, or similar parts, for my partner's rebuild.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

LifeSunDeath posted:

Now, play only minecraft

Only killing nazis with that free Youngblood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

HaB posted:

I bought a house.

Closed Wednesday.

Sellers needed a bit of extra time so they won't actually be out until Oct 1st. Since my current lease isn't up until Oct 31st, I can have a nice leisurely move, which I'm sure I'll get frustrated with after like 2 days then hurry up to get it done.

I look forward to your upcoming thread with bad decisions in DIY /s

Congratulations!