Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

spookygonk posted:

I have one of these (just a basic brown glazed one) and it works so well with cheap cuts of meat and enough for a couple of days of fine dining.

I am a big lover of stews and the like is this worth owning or can the same result be achieved with a slow cooker? (I am only asking because I already own a slow cooker and my kitchen is tiny but I am tempted by new interesting ways of cooking.)

loving love brogues good purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ibntumart posted:

A better comparison might be with a Dutch oven rather than a slow cooker (including the ability to put the vessel in the oven if called for, though not the lid). Cooking time would be less (maybe a couple of hours as opposed to four or more with a slow cooker).

If I had to choose between one or the other, I'd go with a cast iron Dutch oven. I've gotten a lot of use out of mine. I just really want a proper tagine again and felt like a mild splurge.

To be honest I don't even have room for a dutch oven so I'll have to skip both. Ill just keep making stews/soups in my saucier like a scrub.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ibntumart posted:

Sure you do! You can safely store a Dutch oven in your oven. That's what I do most of the time.

Even if you are using the oven for something else? (like if it sits on the bottom rack is there any reason i couldnt bake fish on the top without removing it?) And if so are the $40 enameled ones any good or do you need to drop 200 on a Le Creusut (or however it is spelled)

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

This is from a page or two back but I don't even loving care. Goddamn that's pretty, everything I own is darker than that but I love that style good find! I hope the drawers et. all are in good shape.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard posted:

The drawers are in great shape. The top veneer needs some rehabilitation, but the thing is solid wood and the ceramic nobs are awesome.

My desk is that style and I love it. It's not in that good of shape but I got it for free because the fellow who owned it was going to use it for firewood / had been using it to hold wood he was drilling through. Thankfully it wasnt so bad. I put some wood putty in it and since the hole is under my laptop I got a pretty good desk for free. Also saved it from some weird rear end in a top hat who doesn't appreciate furniture (strictly speaking my uncle was the one that saved it since he saw it and was like what the hell are you doing?).

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

not a picture of new coat

I bet you look nice in it.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

bunnielab posted:

Pretend that I just posted a picture of a very expensive top water frog lure.

I can't post a picture of it because I have already lost it to a loving tree like 5 hours after I bought it.

gently caress you tree.

I feel your pain. And that is why I just use minnows now at least if it gets away it's kinda funny/good.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

I like to remember that he's not a troll, he's an actual fat gently caress that believes the poo poo he spews. That makes me feel good.

I bought a National Park Access pass and spent a week in Utah. It was fantastic.

Are those your photos because holy poo poo

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I picked up a satchel from Far horizon Traders a while back on recommendation from this thread I think and it has worked amazing and the seller was very attentive / friendly.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The youth hemp

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rolo posted:

Also note that measuring, hanging and leveling 3 piece canvases is a bitch.

I have never ever ever identified more with a post on SA ever.

gently caress that noise.

I have to do it again soon because the print would look better in another room :(

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That things ugly in a good way if that makes any sense

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You can't fit it in a school that's how you know it isn't a gun

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good zippered hoodie? I have an enclothe one that I love the design for but it's getting ragged and their new designs I'm not a huge fan of. Figured I'd ask here if any fashion minded people would have advice

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

What you don't get is that cyberpunk robots and Deckers are bad not good. LASER is cool and good though.

Like the entire idea of Blade Runner is that it might, in fact, not be good to build androids.

100% not the take away from blade runner but ok

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Thats like common theme with cookware. OH WE MADE THIS AWESOME IT NEVER BREAKS poo poo no one needs any more. Sell the name to vultures then

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Flipperwaldt posted:

True on the former, false on the latter. The change to soda lime glass was well before the brand was sold off and the logo changed.

E: the color of the glass is a better tell.

Whats the color difference?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

colas posted:

It's pretty good, I wonder if plain tea stains as much as black coffee.

A friend of mine got me some of this and it was/is loving delish

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I was once at a party where there was a guy wearing a cardigan in this pattern and I knew I recognized it from somewhere but couldn't place it. Finally I just went and asked him and he was really smug about it and I think that cardigan was wasted on his smug prick rear end.

Agreed

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Megabound posted:

I got a new (to me) lamp for my office work bench, designed and made by still around Australian company Planet Lighting in the 70s. It's perfect and I'm wrapped.

Office:

Work bench:

I'm jealous of that lamp

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I could go for a guillotine

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

Guess what I’m making

Faraday cage.

no nothing there implies it I'm just guessing

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My favorite tesla story is a friend of mine who took a very specific ding to his bumper from some road trash. Suddenly the tesla drops all power and wouldnt exceed 10 mph or so and since he was on a 6 lane highway thats a bit of an issue.

Eventually limps off the highway and calls a shop. Turns out that bit of road trash had knocked a sensor on the bumper into the bumper and it was reading an obstacle right ahead constantly.

Sensor mount was broken or something so he had to wait like three days to get a new part. Think its like the third time something similar to that has happened to him.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
As evidenced in the previous posts.

Also I feel fhe need to say that the noise those old paper cutters make when they are slicing is an incredibly satisfying noise.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I dont hate it but I just need to confirm that its name is legitimately"The Three Two"

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Megabound posted:

It is an Opinel. I keep on losing them, buying a new one then finding the old one so I have like 4 kicking about now. Best knife for the money.

This is the lifecycle of an opinel and theyre still great

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I like your ufo record player

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The Japanese were ahead of their time in goatse imaging technology.

Wtf it even has the ring

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Quiet Feet posted:

I bought this shirt.

I'm a fat middle aged guy so it's time to start wearing Hawaiian shirts. And it was on sale and had Kirby on it.

Excuse the wrinkles. Just put it on for the pic and then it went into the hamper to get cleaned.

You arent fat. Shirt looks good. Jealous

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

yeah, okay fair, it could be sarcastic, in which case I apologize. I don't have much tolerance for ironically pretending to be terrible and will assume that you're actually being terrible, because *gestures at world*

Dont feel too bad I had the same reaction.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

tribbledirigible posted:

Getting real comfy at the new job.

Nice keyboard! I need a new keyboard but first i have to find a new headset with an actual mute button on it because these days i spend so much time pacing during calls and not having a mute on my headphones is killing me.

(If anyone has a recommendation for a good pair of conference headphones with a loving mute button let me know)

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

I bought a very silly looking backpack because it's the appealing kind of dumb (to me.)

Its minimalist which is very nice. I would worry it would be one of those packs that loses its lines when packed full

sterster posted:

Idk about conference head set but I have 2 pairs of Logitech G533 and love them. Good sound not super heavy. Mute button on the back left side and you can flip the mic up out of the way to mute. There is also a small light in the mic showing if your muted. Good luck.

These look nice. I'll have to grab a pair and see how they work. I'm just absolutely tired of these Sennheiser i have. They sound fine but i miss having more control at the headset.

ZeusCannon has a new favorite as of 03:05 on Aug 8, 2023

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Clearly testing is in order

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Thats pretty cool. Sometimes you have to take joy in tiny things i would recommend just enjoying your cool rock

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

His Divine Shadow posted:

A fancy rear end trash can. An insulated "aero" composter for household bio waste.

Theres no sense of scale here so im just gonna ask how big is that? And i assume it has to sit outside? Ive been debating a small composter for a bit just to supplement my garden but know next to nothing about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Can you actually map those or are they strictly for the one game?

Still cool either way just curious