Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Toast Museum posted:

Guess where they came from :v:

Twill Paisley in charcoal, clover, coral, and wine. Almost as easy to work into an outfit as a simple solid color, but with more going on.

(Referral link)

That is a beautiful shade of coral.

I bought a bunch of popsicles:

These ones are Margaritaville branded, but there's no alcohol in them, so they're less margarita/daquiri/pina colada flavored as they are lime/strawberry/coconut. Whatever.

Paletas! I actually got these three flavors together in a pack, but I couldn't find a picture of it on the Michoacana website. The walnut ones are my favorite!

Non popsicle purchase of the week:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

A present for my best friend, because she got some really lovely news a few days ago. I had originally wanted to get an arc reactor locket that I had seen on etsy, but every single one of them that I could find shipped from China, and I didn't feel like playing that game. This one is handmade, and the folks who run the shop were super nice when I emailed them the morning after placing my order because I suddenly realized that I had no memory of changing the shipping address from mine to my friend's.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Harley C posted:

Armani watch is bad because it charges a premium for Armani. People buy watches because A) they like it aesthetically B) prestige C) they get hard for dope movements. Armani is not prestigious when it comes to watches because they don't have the dope movements that give real watch brands prestigious reputations. The only legit reason would be because you like the look of it, which is a pretty poo poo reason to spend a load of money on a designer brand watch when you could probably get the real version it would be ripping off for a similar price.

Spending money because you like the way it looks is bad, got it.

I bought a new phone case because my old one had a crack and I liked the way this one looked.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

dantheman650 posted:

You feel nothing and you're in an out of the chair in less than 5 minutes. It's a cakewalk and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Just don't get it done in Mexico or you'll end up like a guy I know did, with blood coming out of your eyes.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Hummingbirds posted:

Had a bunch of Birchbox points:

Caldrea perfume (I love this brand, all their poo poo smells so simple and pleasant). My favorite scent of theirs is the aloe water apricot but I already have a lotion in that scent.

These look awesome! I was going to say that I wish they had a sample pack so I could try out all three, but apparently the rollerballs are on sale right now, so I might just take the plunge on the coconut/fig one, that sounds really nice for summer!

I bought the OST for the original Battlestar Galactica movie last night, because I found the novelization of it a couple of years ago at a thrift store, and I thought it would be funny to have the matching set.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

screenwritersblues posted:

Grabbed these books when I was at The Strand last week.

Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief

This is one of my favorite books that I read last year! It's really fantastic.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Coffee And Pie posted:

Pre-ordered this, I love me some Groot.

I'm holding out for a dancing baby Groot.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Of all the poo poo I wanted to spend money on today, this one was the cheapest.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

The boy's birthday is not for a few months, but I found these today while I was waiting for my friend to try on pants, and I couldn't resist. I actually haven't decided if I'm going to save them, or send them now as a "just because" gift.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

FIV test for this pretty lady. All other adoption fees and costs were waived, since apparently the city animal services shelter has way too many cats right now, so they were having a special promotion. I get to bring her home on Monday!

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Phone case for my phone. In reality, it's about 100 times brighter than in the picture, which is okay with me because bright coral is my favorite color.

Curvy Kate bra for my boobs! Not pictured: my boobs.

Comfy drapey sweatshirt for my torso, I guess?

Perfume samples for my skin. Obviously these are the full-sized bottles, pictures of actual perfume samples are super boring.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

woot fatigue posted:

So goddamn warm and they breathe so you don't wake up covered in sweat but you're still warm. Like I can't stand being wrapped up in a down or poly filled comforter, even in the winter, but I could cocoon myself in this year-round. They come in other colors too. I wanted the one with different shades of brown stripes but I ended up selling it and this was the only one we had left at the store. There's a thow-blanket sized green one with blue stripe sitting around that I'm going to snag to keep in my car if it makes it to markdown time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson%27s_Bay_point_blanket

I found a vintage one at an antique store last week for $300. If I had had $300, I'd have bought it.

(Instead, I bought a bunch of old roadmaps and a vintage Boy Scout manual for various Christmas presents. I don't have pictures of any of them so you have to use your imagination.)

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Coffee And Pie posted:

Bought this to fill the John Green-shaped hole in my heart. My friend said it was pretty good, I'll see for myself.

This book made me cry a thousand times more than The Fault In Our Stars did, so if that's what you're looking for, you're on the right track.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

I went on vacation and spent a lot of money.

Valentines Day card for my boyfran, by Lauara Berger

Inspirational art by OrangeBeautiful. Both this and the card came from Modern Cooperative in Chicago, they are super nice and replaced a broken necklace that I got for Christmas with no hassle.

This shirt from H&M.

Books, because I'm the kind of idiot who buys books on vacation.

Cleo Neve, because it was $22 at Nordstrom Rack and I can't ever pass up bras that are that cheap and also my weird size.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Because I wish to harness the power of crystals in every aspect of my life.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Wedemeyer posted:

Nobody cares about your sausage fest. However, everyone totally cares that I caved and bought this:

Tokyo Milk 'Bittersweet' perfume. Fragrance Notes: Cake Flour, Dark Cacao Bean, Osmanthus, Bronzed Musk. God I smell so good right now. I need more chocolatey perfumes,but the adult kind and not the teeny bopper sugar bomb stuff.

Sup perfume buddy, I just bought this:

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Because, as a heterosexual male, I enjoy the scent of a woman.

I am not attracted to another male's scent.

I guess it all comes down to what/whom you are trying to attract.

Do you really think that every choice women make is entirely done to attract you, a heterosexual male?

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

I paid for this a few months ago when I backed JOY's latest EP, but the shirt just arrived today! Sorry not sorry for the instagram photo.

I also got these cute 'lil photo hangers from Target because I'm tired of the art situation in my bedroom, and I thought these would be an easy way to switch stuff out.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

yellowD posted:

I bought a bunch of stuff

Those Merona tights are the best, I've o li had a pair fall apart on me once, and that was only because I bit it on the sidewalk and skinned my knee real bad.

Also where is that purple top from? The back is neat.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

All I seem to want to wear on my feet anymore is keds, so I picked these up at Nordstrom Rack today. I also bought some underwear, but you can't see it!

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

PCOS Bill posted:

Why, is it invisible?

It's invisible to everyone but those who are worthy.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

This is a bad metaphor I got myself into here.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

squeee posted:

I got a new blanket because my washer ripped a giant hole in my favourite one.

WHERE

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Strip club talk: don't go to Casa Diablo, the owner's a jackass who treats his dancers terribly. A friend of mine who worked there is suing him right now.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Plane ticket to go visit my boyfriend.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

I have a six hour flight to Seattle on Thursday, so I bought these to eat and read, respectively.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

rockcity posted:

My wife has the same complaints and she's only a DD. Her other complaint is that barring ordering online or going to specialty stores, the only bras she can find that fit are either really boring or straight up looking like a bra for a 60 year old. The other problem is that she won't wear anything with any real padding because she doesn't need it. Suit jackets are tough on her because she's like a size 6 in the waist and a 12 when you have to fit her chest in.

You should treat your wife to a proper bra fitting because an actual DD cup isn't going to be that large on a size 6 frame. Also, there are loving loads and loads of cute bras for larger sizes, so long as you're not just shopping at like, Macy's.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

rockcity posted:

I've tried to convince her of that, but she's really stubborn and doesn't seem interested in doing it. She's really weird about interacting with sales people in stores for some reason, which is odd because she's not a shy person at all. It's just people in stores.

Check out reddit's abrathatfits forum, or our own bra thread in ylls. You can do fittings at home! My brand recommendations are Cleo, Freya, and Tutti Rouge, they're always really cute like what you would find in Target (my favorite Freya bra is beige, but it's definitely not matronly), and Cleo and Tutti Rouge are pretty affordable!

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

I'm poor, but I couldn't leave Big Lots without this for my kitties.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

I am living my best & truest life.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

New kicks and new glasses! It feels like I'm doing back to school shopping :3:

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

I bought a present for my boyfrand.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Slimy Hog posted:

Is that a pin?

Yep!

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

I bought some arroyo compollos and it was pretty bad.

Uh. Arroz con pollo? Because an arroyo is a gully.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Erudite Sybarite posted:

I also bought some setting lotion for pin curls. Lady life rules.

Pin curls best curls. I've always been able to get decent ones with just mousse, though.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

dovetaile posted:

Just preorded the Hamilton soundtrack! So excited!

I've been listening to it non-stop since yesterday! I can't wait to get a copy that I can put on my phone so I can listen to it non-stop on the go.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

A few months ago, I bought a one-way ticket to here:

Tomorrow I'm probably going to buy an overpriced airport sandwich and maybe some coffee and then dinner at a restaurant somewhere close to my new apartment.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

My boyfriend won a $100 Amazon gift card from his work, so we ordered some stuff yesterday.

We're going to a Sloane Crosley reading in a few weeks, and I'm going to get her to sign the book! Secretly, I'm most excited about the laundry basket though.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

I bought a used calculator for 7,50€. When I turned on it showed me a loving menu instead of going into "let me calcule things for you" mode. This is poo poo.

e: It's extremely clean though. I doubt it's ever been used. And the buttons are nice and big.

What games you got on that thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Present for my boyfriend, who's had a bad few days. (I am also a fan of the series, but I'm going to let him read it before me.)