Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Pukestain Pal posted:

seems expensive for a rice cooker. does it create gold?

Yes, and it sings too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Etrips posted:

Bought my wife a horse.

Oh good, thought there was a comma.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

App13 posted:

Are we talking pickup truck or truck truck, because I have a pickup truck.

I'd wager a pickup is more than enough. An IKEA flatpack sofa that can't easily fit in a Honda Civic should be ashamed of itself.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Arrest that rear end! posted:

Oh man doing that was SO satisfying.

It's these http://flyduino.net/KISS-ESC-2-4S-18A-v11_1

They're game changers in the world of electronic speed controllers, in my opinion.

Aww, I hoping to guess they were the robot equivalent of condoms.

Arrest that rear end! posted:

They're part of the power system for a multirotor and are used to control the speeds of each individual motor. These ones can basically communicate extremely fast with the flight controller (the brain of the quad) and the motors, as well as a bunch of other cool features. It boils down to (in conjunction with other high quality components and good tuning) the ability to have a ridiculously fast, responsive, and controllable craft. I do FPV racing, where you fly using a camera mounted in the nose of the quad which then transmits to video goggles, giving you the feeling of actually piloting the craft; as you can imagine flying at high speeds (my main quad can do 50mph+ flat out) through and around obstacles, it really helps to have your equipment be extremely responsive. I'm going to solder these into my quadcopter tomorrow and then probably crash it at high speed into a tree or something.

..but I guess they may as well be human prophylactics. (jk,if I had I had money to burn and time, this totally sounds awesome and would scratch that flight sim itch)

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Ultimate Mango posted:

Has a tray. Works great. A set of toner is more expensive than the entire machine but my work has paid for them and I have a full set still in the box. At some point I will need a new fusor or whatever, but I love this thing.

Load up the tray and let it rip. Best part is at least with my macs it just works with no drivers needed, and there is brother software if you need more than the OS provides. My neighbors run an office out of their house and got some other multifunction brand, maybe a Samsung or something and have had nothing but problems.

You're likely going to need a drum before the fuser, then a transfer belt after the drum. If you're concerned about the cost on the consumables, compatibles for Brother printers are usually pretty reliable with some color variation. Just make sure you spring for the TN225s on the colors, your get around 40% more pages printed than the TN221s at usually only $20 more.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

For me

For Tribbledirigible the Younger

For Mrs. Tribbledirigible's first Mother's Day

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Decrepus posted:

Is this a jelqiing device.

It could be, if you're brave enough.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

withak posted:

I took me a lot longer than it should have to figure out that this was not a new bicycle seat.

If you're gonna buy that kind of bicycle seat, you're really not going to be buying any bicycle seats.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

BobbyDrake posted:

I really should have bought this, but I said to hell with it, I've wanted one since I was a kid. Didn't realize how huge it would be though...

$150 bucks with shipping, but damnit, now I have Devastator.

Can I be your friend?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Ihmemies posted:

My shoes came. Sanders Stockholm from their Diplomat collection. Time to learn they don't work in Finland's climate!

Well, I'm sure they start out pretty uncomfortable, but by the end of their usable life, you'll never believe you were able to get by without them.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

flosofl posted:

What is this for?

Wormriding :smuggo:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Daimo posted:

I have no idea what kind of drive that is, we truly live in the future.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-DISC - basically fancy DVDs and Blu-Rays...that can last 1000 years

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Let me blow your mind

It's a vaulted ceiling :haw:

Look, beyond all the goony gooniness, what we're trying to tell you is you should get a bigger tv. And who doesn't want a bigger tv?

Commies, that's who.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

blarzgh posted:

Do the people in this thread not realize TVs are measured diagonally, or is that the joke?

The joke is if Vendagoat is still drunk when he reads Rad Lieutenant's photoshop request and posts 60,65, and 70 inch dicks on the wall.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

davebo posted:

Make sure you replace it with a curved tv so you can hide more Tom Cruises in the gaps between the edges and the wall.

Well poo poo. Shopping for an engagement ring got a hell of a lot more confusing since I proposed to my wife. It used to be just cut, clarity, and color. Now you have to worry about curve and cruise too?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

I call your nerdery:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

blarzgh posted:

I raise you:

Somebody's gonna come in here with the Apple not-Casio calculator watchface and kill our nerd cred.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

blarzgh posted:

*PCOS wakes up,
*Looks down
*smiles...

It's entirely possible PCOS Bill is a woman.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

Plane tickets to here:

San Juan

Hell, even the restroom's view at El Morro is spectacular:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

They shred tomatoes instead of cutting them. But I agree tomatoes are a good test to check if your knives are sharp enough;

I don't know about you, but I test my knives on shoes, cans, and pipes.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Sorbus posted:

New shoes for winter:

Link please?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Van Dis posted:

Two graph-ruled composition books

although the ones I bought have a plastic cover instead of cardboard, which I like better. Can't find them on Office Depot's site, for some reason.

They like to use fancy words like quadrille: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/126741/Avery-Quadrille-Laboratory-Notebook-7-78/

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

TotalLossBrain posted:

Great knife, I have a few of those (chef, bread, paring, boning)

The boning knife is my favorite for just about any application. Whatever it cannot handle, the bread knife will handle.

Any knife can be a boning knife, but it's just really illegal.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Stupid sexy Flanders. We're allowed to have one.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Groda posted:

What is it?

Ring-Pop for grown ups.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

RadioactiveKid posted:

new parallel set

That's a very expensive looking set of shims.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

PCOS Bill posted:

My last vacation was when I was 10, and it was my once-in-a-life trip to Disney that my parents had to save the first ten years of my life to even be able to afford for us to go.

You were a lot more fun when you were off your meds, M R CRACKER.

ddiddles posted:

I sold all my stuff and told my job I'm quitting in two weeks, going to go backpack Southeast Asia, so I bought the "I'm going to try being a travel writer and then give up on it in a few days" pack.

At least I'll be able to take some pretty pictures.

You can always get a teaching certificate and teach English for money like my old friend from high school did.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

queserasera posted:

Bead store having a 50% off sale. :getin:

Bees store?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Joburg posted:

I have this mower. It's great.

But it sucks if you have loads of trees and you need to trim after a windy day or a storm.

That said, I've not seen healthier cuts on the grass, very little trauma. And dead quiet too.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Wanamingo posted:

This is something people care about?

It is, if only for the associated headaches of not keeping the grass healthy- you get openings that can allow weeds to get a foothold, ants and other insects find a no roots spot to build a nest, etc.

Bunk Rogers posted:

This type of mower is what I like to call "The Rookie Mistake". Every new townhouse owner buys one and I've yet to meet anyone who uses it for long.

I thought I made a mistake too back in 2012, going from a push to start gas mower to this is night and day. You have to clear debris from the yard first. If let the grass get really long, you would have to do a couple of passes at different blade elevations. It's not for everybody, but I like not having to pay for gas or running a cord or worrying about battery charge.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

For my son's noggin. As he'll be squealing on his bike seat behind me, I figured I might as well make him look like an astromech droid.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

The Electronaut posted:

What about two hot pockets for a hamburger bun?

Careful, that way lies madness and Double Downs.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

travisray2004 posted:

You seem like my kind of person.
E: What do the numbers on the bottle signify?

Drink a bite to eat at 10, 2, and 4.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Aramek posted:

As someone who rents and will always rent, houses are investments? Don't you buy them to live in?

You pay towards equity on the property, so *hopefully* you can sell it and get that money back (and hopefully more) instead of the money just going into your landlord's pocket.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

Can't believe those things are still around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxLB70G-tRY

Thanks for reminding me to check out the SA Christmas album thread!

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

PCOS Bill posted:

That will never get used because it's impossible to put a decent amount of force on a flimsy tool like that. Someone got me similar years ago, they're poo poo.

I...you...you're...right.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Toejam and Earl

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Post pics of your balls.

Wasn't this already some goon's gimmick?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Pick posted:

I bought this original pencil storyboard of Quasimodo looking on while Esmerelda kisses a a much more conventionally attractive man in Quasimodo's own bed.

The only problem with it is the artist forgot to draw the printer! :doh:

No they didn't- he's holding up the printing press right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

This had someone's naked reflection on it before it got blurred, didn't it?