Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mr_Angry posted:

My wife got some news where she needed to fly home immediately. With all that is going on I wanted to make sure she arrived in comfort so I got her a business class seat on a 787 Dreamliner so she could hit the ground rested.

Nice pod setup; I'm looking forward to trying it out myself on a future trip.
...that's an option you can get on some planes? drat, that's dope.

I mean, I've flown coach every time I've flown in my life, but you have to pass the premium class to get to coach, and I've never even seen a premium class look like this when I've passed by one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I use my Waterpik for irrigating/cleaning out my ears every couple weeks, which saves me from having to make regular trips to the ENT like I used to when I was younger. Although mine just broke recently, so I ordered a new Aquarius one on Amazon the other day. It should be here tomorrow. Looks to be a more compact version of what I had. It's apparently the #1 Best Saller for oral irrigators or something and has tons of good reviews, so that's cool.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tea Bone posted:

Has this ever caused you any problems?, how far in does the water go? My ears have been feeling kind of stuffy recently and I've been thinking I should make an appointment to get them syringed, but it would be so much easier to be able to do it regularly at home. A few years ago I had them syringed un-professionally and it caused me all kinds of problems so I'm kind of apprehensive to do anything like this.
Nope, no problems so far! My ENT actually recommended that I do it. I've been doing it for....I want to say 8 or 9 years at this point? And it's always helped. It may not be quite as thorough as having an ENT do it, but large chunks of wax come out every time, so it makes a noticeable enough difference.

You just have to make sure the pressure is on a low setting because you don't want it to hurt you, and if it's on low, it really doesn't.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bottom Liner posted:

Good solid stand. Had one thrown at me one time Whiplash style by my jazz band director.
Did you get on his tempo afterwards?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G Golden Edition

I've had my current card (GTX 770) for about a year now and it's worked perfectly fine for me in the time I've owned it, but I wanted to upgrade before GTA V came out for PC. It ended up getting delayed a few days ago, but oh well. At least I'll have this installed and can test it out and see what it's got to offer before GTA V comes out. This one comes factory overclocked and it has a copper heatsink, so it's supposed to run much cooler and quieter than the regular MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G, which was already the coolest/quietest 970 on the market from what I've heard.

Gonna put my 770 up for sale as soon as I get this baby installed, if anyone's interested :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The last one in stock at Guitar Center. Fuuuuuuck, it sounds so filthy once you dial it in correctly. I love it :circlefap:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Fuuuck I've wanted one of those for a while now. Have you messed around with it much yet?
Only playing some White Stripes songs with it and poo poo :haw: I just got it a couple hours ago. But it's ridiculously fun for those and the tone sounds real similar, which owns.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Coffee And Pie posted:

Got these at half-price at a store closing sale"

You chose correctly :c00lbert:

Related: It popped into my head this morning at work that Spring Breakers will be 2 years old in a couple of months and Jesus, it does not feel like that long ago that I saw it for the first time in theaters :stare:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

If she murders you, it'll be a word crime.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Starhawk64 posted:

Lenovo Thinkpad T61 :getin:

XP in the year of our lord 2015? :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mu Zeta posted:

Only Thinkpads and some HP business laptops still have it. They work fine in a pinch if you don't have a mouse. It's preferable to a lot of PC laptops with lovely tiny trackpads.
Is it really? I've tried using them a few times in the past and they've felt horribly unintuitive. I'd take even a lovely trackpad over a clit mouse any day.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Reverse Centaur posted:

A harbour view room in that hotel where the kid from Glee overdosed

So are you planning on canceling the apocalypse this weekend?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:staredog: Now that's a sexy vehicle

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

*wakes up on payday*

Hello, money!

*goes to Amazon*

Goodbye, money! :shepicide:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

rockcity posted:

Great choice. Jake got hosed on an Oscar nomination for his performance.
Yeah for real. He was chilling in that role. I just want to watch his mannerisms over and over again.

And I cannot wait to see what kind of special features are on the disc.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

kmcormick9 posted:

A "mountain of meat". Every meat Arby's has on 1 bun. $10
Don't leave us hanging here! What did it feel like coming out?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

There's a TV inside the goddamn bathroom mirror?! :stare::fh:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I bought this:

....I mean this:

One of the better movies from the last year. JK Simmons is a spectacular dick in this.
It's out on Blu-Ray already? poo poo son, I need to buy it too.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Phineus posted:

Step 1 -- Buy Feathers
Step 2 -- Shave Face
Step 3 -- Throw away all other razors
Step 4 -- Joy
I ordered my first safety razor (an Edwin Jagger) and a 50 ct pack of Feathers in the same order from Amazon last week. For some reason they shipped separately and my razor already got here but my Feathers won't arrive for at least a few days. My razor came with a 5 ct pack of blades but I'm waiting until my Feathers get here to shave with it. I've heard they're that good.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SaltLick posted:

Shave now with the garbage blades so you can appreciate the difference. You'll want to have a little practice too because feathers are unforgiving to a newbie
Aw poo poo, alright. Thanks for the heads up. I'm still waiting on my alum block and styptic pencils, though. Those should be coming with the Feathers. I have a feeling I'm gonna cut myself at least once because I've never shaved with that kind of razor before.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

double post

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jerry Cotton posted:

Pro tip: Buy an electric shaver.
I have in the past. They cut me more than disposables do. Although I never owned a really expensive one. Maybe that's what I was doing wrong.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've had a Malm (in dark brown) since mid-2006 and it's still perfectly fine. No signs of wear or anything. On the other hand, whatever desk I bought at IKEA in that same trip in '06 shows lots of wear even though I've never been particularly rough on it or anything. I need to replace this thing soon.

yellowD posted:

Ours has been solid so far, except the corners are built specifically to murder shins.
Lmao my girlfriend has had this same exact complaint for years but I've never found it to be an issue at all.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's Team America on DVD and The Interview on Blu-Ray!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

tentawesome posted:

I only make OK financial choices. At least I will be having fun while I eat peanut butter.
The first one is a good financial choice!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

with release day delivery from Amazon :rock:

MK9 was one of my favorite fighting games of the past several years and I've heard they've added new characters, the environmental damage system from Injustice and some other stuff. So needless to say I'm pretty loving stoked.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SgtScruffy posted:

Update from my previous purchase: Quake 4 has NOT aged well.
Lmao I remember playing that game on PC right after it came out in 2005 and it looked pretty great back then, but yeah, I can't imagine it would look very good a decade later, especially on 360.

I wouldn't mind playing through the Stroggification sequence again, though. Or better yet, just watching it on YouTube.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A used copy for cheap so I can replay this because I had a lot of fun with it the first go round.

And this on Blu-Ray:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Reverse Centaur posted:

Two nights at Westin Portland

I've always heard Portland is rad but I've never seen it look like that :stare:

God drat!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I don't think there's a tour poster, but a ticket to see these guys in early May :rock:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Coffee And Pie posted:

I had to buy checks because I'm apparently a grown-up now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

strap on revenge posted:

It's weird to me that americans still use cheques, I've never used one in my life and haven't seen my parents use one since the 90s

e: for transactions that aren't thousands of dollars
It's not all Americans. The only thing I've used a check for in the past several years is giving a voided one to an employer when I started a job.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Metanaut posted:

Buy good earplugs if you haven't already. Last time they were here, I saw some people try to do without and they were visibly in pain through the whole set.
Aw poo poo, alright :ohdear: Thanks for the tip!

I saw Swans like a week ago and stood right by the stage and my ears hurt a bit during that. I probably shouldn't purposely try to go deaf as much as possible.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bunnielab posted:

How are the Swans these days? I was super into them in the late 90's but my attention faded.
Pretty fantastic, but they're mostly playing newer material live now, and their newer stuff is different from what they were making in the 90s. I liked the show a lot though. It felt like an endurance test for the crowd, as the show was sold out but only half the crowd was left by the end, but if you stuck with it until the end like I did, you were treated to a real satisfying conclusion (although I enjoyed the entire thing, personally).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vier posted:

Went car booting, £2 !
You hooked this up to your nipples, right?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Financing a 2015 Honda Fit EX.

And for the car, a Corsair 256GB flash drive to hold all my music that I can leave in the car's USB port all the time (except when I'm transferring new music to it).

Because my previous car hated me and I hate myself and I hate having disposable income :shepicide:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Robawesome posted:

I didn't realize they were making flash drives this big nowadays. How much did that run you?
I actually didn't either until I thought about looking to see if they existed the other day! They're not nearly as expensive as you'd think. This one was like $85.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm not filling up the entire 256GB, it'd just be cool to not have to worry about space for a while.

Flipperwaldt posted:

It'll probably take the car radio fifteen minutes to index what's on there every time you turn it on.

big mean giraffe posted:

This. I have a 32 GB I keep maybe 10 gigs on because otherwise it takes a year to index. Every time you turn the car off.
I guess I'll see how it goes. I put like 10 gigs worth of music on a flash drive I already had after I got the car to test out the USB port and it had no trouble shuffling songs. If it gives me trouble once I put more on there...well that'll suck haha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Checked my bank account, and much to my surprise, I had enough money to cover my car note and get a ticket to this :vince:

It'll be my 3rd time seeing Deftones, 2nd time seeing DFA1979 and 1st time seeing Incubus. I'm pretty excited!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

I have a six hour flight to Seattle on Thursday, so I bought these to eat and read, respectively.

Target granola is so loving good. The pecan sticky bun kind is my favorite.