Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Points deducted because he didn't have a big brown stain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Pony Khil posted:

Oh this looks like an epic slasher film in the making.....from the producers of "Scream" comes the new film....."Blind Mice" three times the horror coming this fall..

See how they run!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
A joke which requires people to be familiar with the names of white goods?

That's asking a bit much.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
That's the first time I've seen someone make Tintin's curl work.

Hell, it looks good on her.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Slendergirl, surely?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Say Nothing posted:

It's the same person.

When I first saw this, I thought she was cosplaying as John Travolta in Battlefield Earth.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

That helmet looks like it's made from cookie. Possibly scotch finger.

Hand baked in the ovens of Midgard!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I never actually noticed it before, but that juggalo running man really looks like a swastika.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
But a GREAT Pavel!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Tarezax posted:

Someone should do this, but with that guy from Deadly Premonitions or whatever that game was.

SHAAAUUUUN

Now I have to watch that video again and laugh until I hurt myself.

I hope you're happy.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Captain Capacitor posted:

Got a chance to do my very first cosplay this weekend at DragonCon.

Steampunk, steampunk, steampunk, steampunk, steampunk, random furry. Oooh kay.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Well holy poo poo. Goddamn.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Spudd posted:

Sproink!

Is there one of her full body? I'm curious if she just wore brown leggings or did something cool.

Just to make sure you goons don't think I'm creepy she's Enchantress who is a Dryad http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Enchantress

Why, nobody who plays DOTA could ever possibly be a creep!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Next Ben Stiller project?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Baymax, what have they done to you!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'll never understand why so many comic artists insist on giving characters gigantic boots.

It's like everyone's fighting in ugg boots.

Edit: I don't know why finding an image of Rufus was so goddamn hard, but here's what I mean:

Comics are full of people with this poo poo on their feet.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 05:12 on Feb 15, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I think that's actually Lady Baby, though.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
"I'm not paid enough to take the heat if someone goes nuts and attacks someone with their anime sword. gently caress it, I'll just tape everything."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Isn't that one of those Japanese blowjob mouth exercisers?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
There was one guy in the original Awkward, Ugly and Gross thread who would constantly lose his poo poo over people using the abbreviation "AUG" to the point of getting huge probations on it, too.

It's a special blend of autism inspired trolling.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

The Repo Man posted:

He made a video about how he makes his videos. He counts his steps, toe to heel, from the front of the camera to where he is dancing.

He's never heard of a goddamn tape measure?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

TenementFunster posted:

he's a self-important, cringey weirdo.

AKA a hipster.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pretty sure it's Triss Merigold from The Witcher.

The thirstymancer.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm the AT-ST Dreadnought.

Wait, wrong Warham thread.

\/\/\/It's cool. Just joking. I'm a sucker for ridiculously over the top warhams, too.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 11:17 on Oct 17, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It's been almost 20 loving years and I still get (well deserved) poo poo from my friends about making them watch Spawn.

I have no defence.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I remember Let's Draw Radioactiveman from an old Simpsons comic which showed the dangers of wearing a cape:

Bottom right of image:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Someone tell that poor woman in the middle that she has her g-string on backwards :ohdear:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
When his parents are deeaaaaaad!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

When I started using computers our games came on 5¼" floppy discs or cassette tapes, there's lots of old farts knocking around on SA.

It wouldn't surprise me if half the userbase on SA is over 30.

starkebn posted:

I had to type in code from a book to get anything to happen on my first computer, Spectrum 48K

God, I remember skipping class, heading into the city and buying those code books just so I could spend loving hours typing a game, line by line, into the computer only to find that I'd hosed up somewhere and put a ";" instead of a ":" or maybe an "I" instead of a "l".

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 11:51 on Dec 14, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Should have made it into shoes so he could be on the spectrum.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

RareAcumen posted:

An Iron Giant that I'm starting to wonder if about it actually being a cosplay or just a model the more I look at it.

You can see someone dressed in black behind it, kabuki style

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
That's some real lovely Hellboy cosplay.

He doesn't even wear sunglasses.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
And not being a dickhead and just posting who they are (if you know) in the first place is even less effort.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Paint her red, stick on some giant horns and you have Tim Curry's Lord of Darkness.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
VG believes very deeply in the virtues of verisimilitude.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Inzombiac posted:

A friend of mine this last weekend at Wizard World:

That is an absolutely incredibly costume.

But, the legs just seem out of place. I know the in-game model has black leggings, too, but on a person with real human proportions, they're a lot more obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Patattack posted:

I've never played the game, but now that you've pointed it out, it does look a little jarring. I think this might be one of those cases where the extremely faithful recreation of the original costume could have done with some real-world embellishment, like finding some kind of heavily-textured black fabric with a more rustic/medieval look to it...a really thick weave linen or black burlap or something.

It's difficult because the model doesn't have regular human proportions.

He's not fat, he just wear far armour and you can see how short his things thighs are. You're right that burlap dyed black would probably be a great idea because, although a smooth fabric is more authentic, it looks like he's wearing tracksuit pants.

And for a costume that looks that good, you really want to go that little bit extra distance to make it work in the real world.

EDIT: thighs, not things :ughh:

• Locked thread