Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I know why it happened, but it will never not be funny to me that these Super Edgy Anarchist types wear the face of an arch-conservative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Axeman Jim posted:

To be honest I'm just perplexed by this one.

They think that the word "Earth" comes from Genesis 1:10 "And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas."

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I think I'm seeing a pattern: seems like if the races are capitalized, then whoever wrote it is a shithead.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

It's a biblical name, technically, but not one of the ones you want to still be using.

It used to be a grand name, as the man in the Bible was a great king and a mighty hunter, like Orion or Theseus.

Then Bugs Bunny sarcastically called Elmer Fudd "poor little Nimrod" and now it means an idiot.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Kajeesus posted:

Homophobia never meant the fear of the gays, though. It's a bad word coined by someone who is bad at language, but everybody knows what it means. There's really no need for another word that means the same thing; the only people who argue about the meaning of the word homophobia are contrarians who'd find something stupid to say about any synonymous term.

Homophobia meaning "fear of the same" works out pretty well with all the anti-gay Congressmen discovered in truck stop bathrooms and such.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

PUGGERNAUT posted:

"I wish I lived in the 50s" -a white person

"I wish I was born during the Great Depression" - a person bad at math.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

NightWig posted:

He's just all kinds of stupid, this guy.

I'm curious about the sorting methods for this chart. World War One alone killed 40 million people, and that's more than the second row adds up to.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

For instance, did you know that Canada and Mexico are both part of America? :eng101:

They aren't, but not for lack of trying on our part.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Maybe if other countries wanted to be called Americans they should've gotten off their butts and declared independence first. :fsmug:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I'm not an expert on Communist thought, but I'm pretty sure that witchcraft, bestiality and "no interest in ... state-regulated norms" all go heavily against it.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Mormonism isn't exactly Christianity, though (especially not to a fundamentalist).

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

Is it possible to be trans-cis? Can I be trans-cis? Or perhaps cis-trans? Seriously, I wanna be special.

You can be trans-CIS if you claim to really be Russian, so there's that.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

"It's not like it's difficult to not have sex, I mean, I've never had it"

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

All problems would be solved if everybody just kept their genitalia in their pants.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

My Facebook is usually a smug liberal echo chamber but some dipshit just posted this unironically, from the page "AMERICAN - STRONG!" with the caption

So that's why we lost the World Wars! Wilson and FDR never served in the military. Neither did Lincoln, no wonder the Confederacy won...

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Druggachusettes posted:

Someone please explain this cloudless rain.

The devil's beating his wife.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

rodbeard posted:

I'm so confused. Does being able to lift Mjolnir magically cause your name to be changed to Thor?

Kinda. In Marvel's bridge between Norse myth and the comics, Thor disobeyed his dad's orders so Odin stripped him of his godhood, kicked him down to Earth, then put a lock on Mjolnir that it couldn't be wielded by dickheads.

"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

So yeah, if you can lift Mjolnir, you become the Thunder God. If you lose Mjolnir or somehow become unable to lift it, you lose those powers.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Amused to Death posted:

I was under the impression it was generally English that was spoke in Britain?

Maybe they're Welsh?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

These always seem to pick the easiest possible things to complain about. "HOW DO I PAY BILLS ARGH"

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Aerofallosov posted:

Guess that's what we get for randomly carving a country out of the middle east and hoping for the best.

The entire Middle East was randomly carved into countries, that's why it's such a wreck.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Isn't she a daughter of Zeus too?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I wish my birdfeeder got tons of birds. :smith:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

So do they expect to get enough force to get President Biden to resign too, or what.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

"I wish I lived during the Great Depression!"

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

The recent backlash over the word "retarded" is really dumb. Moronic, even, maybe even imbecilic.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I've had shingles. There is not a goddamn thing on this planet that will dull that pain.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

I want to risk my baby's health possibly for his/her whole life just so I can push it out of my vagina :byodame:

Also can someone explain to me why some women freak out that THEY MUST DO NATURAL BIRTH NO MATTER WHAT ? Something more specific than "it's natural!"

The vagina is the portal by which souls enter this world. Caesarian births result in empty shells ripe for demonic habitation.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Pregnancy is weird and kinda disturbing. One of my coworkers was this short, thin chick, and when she got pregnant she ballooned out to like half again her own size while keeping the same body frame. I'm not even sure how she walked.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Bodily fluids are pretty gross when ejected from the body or eaten by other humans, tbh.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

I knew a kid in middle school who was was seriously allergic to tomatoes. Exposure to tomatoes or tomato products would put him in the hospital.

The school didn't ban pizza.

You know as well as I do that school lunch pizza doesn't have tomatoes in it.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Plom Bar posted:

We could all stand to reduce our individual carbon footprint by using public transport more often

A good post

Right, the public transport that doesn't exist.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Look at this guy and his ridiculous game set-up for Star Citizen.

http://imgur.com/gallery/HFnjW

God Almighty, it's beautiful...

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Since when do dragons eat gems. I thought they carried off sheep and maidens.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

In some variants of the story of Noah, what finally pushes God to destroy His creations is rampant cross-species sex - not only between man and beast, but also between angels and man, as well as the animals with other animals.

The male crow initially refuses to leave the Ark to search for dry land because he thinks Noah will bang his wife.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I thought everybody already knew games journalism was corrupt after that Kane & Lynch thing.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

"Freefall time" sounds like the perfect time for something to collapse. I guess I need to open my eyes sheeple!

I think it's the "freefall time" thing that bewilders me the most. How else does stuff collapse?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Monoliths are inherently phallic and therefore anti-feminist.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

The only gamergate worth anything is the client that lets me download Paradox games.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Slime posted:

The problem is that this guy is trivializing the Scottish identity. You're not Scottish, you're BRITISH. Basically imagine if someone said you couldn't identify as being from a specific state and that your cultural identity HAD to be American. Hell, the divides are even greater. We're not talking different parts of the same country here, we're talking separate countries that happen to be banded together.

The United States are several separate countries banded together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

McDonalds coffee is gym sock water anyway, it's not like you can make it any worse.

• Locked thread