Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
To continue the anti-vax thing from right before the last thread closed, I can't believe there's actually another person out there that argues that vaccines are bad because dying from diseases is natural other than the one I argued with and posted. People are hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Park is close friends with a bunch of important right wingers and basically just gets trotted out to attack the left whenever the right needs to try to take heat off themselves.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I don't follow too closely either, but my understanding is he isn't gonna be a superstar hall of famer, but he's not gonna be cut after like a year either. Kinda middle of the road, as far as NFL players go.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
If you think that's crazy, I've heard they're even making babies entirely out of chemicals these days!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Oh, no, it's too late!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Ah yes, RationalWiki, well known for being a haven of creationists. Also, she clearly didn't even bother reading the article because, ironically, a huge chunk of it is dedicated to why the Paleo Diet contradicts modern understandings of evolution.

EDIT: Will Power is a link to a Facebook page called Paleo Diet, I didn't notice that SF anonymized it, my bad.

A Fancy 400 lbs has a new favorite as of 20:49 on May 14, 2014

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I got in another argument with the Paleo Diet girl who accused me of being a Young Earth Creationist for telling her its bullshit using a link that explicitly used evolutionary data, this time over gluten. She kept bringing up points the link and studies we were discussing. I asked her "Do you just pretend to read the links or are you really god drat bad at reading comprehension?". She blocked me and according to my friends kept ranting at me even though she knew I couldnt see the rants. :allears:

A Fancy 400 lbs has a new favorite as of 13:30 on May 23, 2014

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
It's a biblical name, technically, but not one of the ones you want to still be using.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I need friends with better taste:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Wait, so what (most likely made up) reason are they using to say he's left-wing/liberal this time? The fact that he lives in California and goes to college?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

karl fungus posted:

I've yet to see one of those e-card things that was legitimately funny. Most are just passive aggressive.

The ones made by the site can be pretty funny sometimes, but the user made cards are universally garbage. You can guess which ones get shared more.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
This is only like the third or fourth murder/attempted murder we've inspired as a forum. Pretty good track record for 15 years!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

kannonfodder posted:

But at the same time you hear of guys in bar fights dying to one or two stab sounds. I guess you only really hear about the ones who die.

If you get stabbed in the right few places you'll die really quickly. If you don't, you'll be relatively fine.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Someone linked me to this, it was just too mindblowing not to share.

Does anonymous not realize "white" and "Hispanic" are not mutually exclusive?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
When my depression was at its worst before I was diagnosed and treated(with, shock and horror, anti-depressants!), I would often go a day or longer without eating because I couldn't stir up the energy/will to even make a sandwich or something. Sometimes I even went entire weekends without eating. Needless to say "Eat more X" would not have been a helpful solution.

EDIT: Also, I loving love chicken and turkey, so double bullshit on their "cure".

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Araenna posted:

What's he supposed to do, poo poo on his tail?

He's sloth, so yeah, probably.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
People who can't afford to buy their own?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Orgophlax posted:

I thought the ACA said preexisting condition have to be covered now?

I think you just can't be completely denied for them, but I could be wrong.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Man, I'm lucky the radio station I listen to mainly posts news stories about music on Facebook. It's a pretty atypical station though in that it still produces all of its own shows, some of which have been running for 30 years with the same DJ.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Crossposting from the Awful Kickstarters thread because lol:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

BonHair posted:

A wacky teenager? Why, I never!

Note the "loved". That's an adult.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The worst president was all the presidents who weren't Emperor Norton.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Nibbles141 posted:

They're introducing it here (Victoria, Australia) on government construction jobs although there's also a bunch of union busting stuff too, so it's probably just the smokescreen for that.

As someone who works with heavy equipment sometimes, that's pretty much the one place I actually support drug testing. Someone typing poo poo on a computer who cares, but when other peoples' safety is on the line you don't gently caress around.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Tucker may not be a genius but at least he's smart enough to realize it's not a long term relationship.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

hallo spacedog posted:

You say that like Burning Man isn't...?

Like, classical fat cat bougies rather than middle manager bougies.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Excels posted:

i think this counts as idiots on social media:

http://www.twitch.tv/fishplayspokemon

there are like 10,000 people watching this fish occasionally input button presses in pokemon

Related Streams:

FedoraPlaysPokemon

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Question Mark Mound posted:

Can we just mix dumping buckets of water on yourself with the boiling water snow thing that horribly burned a lot of people last winter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2E03OlkGGY

Enjoy!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

I need new friends.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Antioch posted:

Your friends sound pretty cool actually

I meant I need friends who don't think Cho Aniki is obscure. :v:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

NotAnArtist posted:

Oh please, you're saying you wouldn't be offended if someone attacked your identity with hilarious generalizations?!

If your identity is "I play video games" you're a giant manbaby, hth.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

made of bees posted:

Wait, isn't 'X LOGIC' supposed to be a way of making fun of X?

Libertarian lacks self-awareness. In other news, the sky is blue and grass is green.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

karl fungus posted:

Did absolutely nobody notice their addictive, negative effects back then?

They did, but it was better than nothing.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Dawkins has literally compared raising a child in a religious household to child molestation and constantly feels the need to tell the victims of non-violent rape that they shouldn't whine so much because it wasn't VIOLENT rape. He's pretty up there on the lovely scale, even if he's nowhere near ISIS levels.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
If you won't say it I will. He should've written more episodes of Roseanne, his episodes were actually pretty good.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Regalingualius posted:

For me, at least, it's because he seems to think "someone who's constantly snarky and sarcastic is highly witty", then applies it to almost every character in his movies that I've watched. Places like TvT adore that style because they wouldn't know really good writing if someone beat them to death with a copy of it.

That's my problem with him too. It was tolerable early in his career, but as time goes on he just clings to it more and more until it's completely insufferable.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Strudel Man posted:

I'm not sure if you're being serious, but if you are, you really shouldn't take what people say here as a reliable barometer of anything. Spanking children for misbehavior is a broadly accepted practice.

It's widely accepted, but mainly because people are ignorant of the effects, the APA strongly reccomends against it because of the psychological harm it causes.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
There's a difference between not raising your kid with a religion and raising them explicitly as an atheist. One is about letting them come to their own conclusions and one is about telling them what to believe, that's a big difference even if they both likely lead to the same outcome.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

The dude's twitter handle is literally just a slang spelling of fuckhead and Trump still fell for it. :allears:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Master Twig posted:

I like Stewart Lee. I also like Top Gear. Does that qualify as cognitive dissonance?

It's fine as long as you yell at the TV for Jeremy to shut up when he's being a prick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I just had Facebook recommend this page to me:

I am not diabetic and the closest thing to "scene" I like or follow is a single Glam Rock/Hair Metal page. :psyduck:

• Locked thread