Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Yes, that is really her.

A few years ago she started palling up with Cathy Brennan and eventually got Brennan's endorsement for president (which was really worth less than the contents of my jacket pocket). In Brennan's home state of Marlyand, Santa Claus got ten times as many votes as Roseanne did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Looks like those feminists we discussed at the end of the last thread really do hate contraception.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Mister Adequate posted:

Okay I'll bite:

What the hell is their logic? (I use the term loosely).

A few days ago she and a few users like her were talking about how trans women shouldn't be allowed to import "dangerous" medication (that's actually essential) like oestrogen on the grey market, in the light of news of one grey-market pharmacy being effectively shut down. Including this person:

After it was pointed out to them that there's not much difference between HRT medication and contraception (as in they're both oestrogens), I would've thought they'd lay off, but nope.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Twitter never fails to disappoint. :stonk:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Conchita-tears continue:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

#faerietalk

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

UKIP is the gift that keeps on giving.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

He'll never miss a trick just like a magician.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

It came from OkCupid :stonk:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Denn du bist was du isst, und ihr wisst was es ist.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, it's really hard to fake an anxiety attack. Even if you suffer from anxiety yourself.

That said, fibro/CFS/PVFS/post-Lyme are very controversial. It probably does exist, to an extent, but if you imply that some people who claim to have it don't, you'll get death threats. Seriously.

karl fungus posted:

Fibromyalgia is to middle-aged office workers as Asperger's is to dorky teenagers.

Or this, basically.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Faggots are still complaining that they can't use horrible slurs on TV.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

The TUV are like the DUP but more hardline, if you can believe that.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

dregan posted:

Quite aside from anything else, I thought it was two women and four men? Or am I being a huge misgendering cis-white-rear end in a top hat?

Four men and two women, but three of those men were his roommates that he killed so he could make the apartment a torture chamber.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Amused to Death posted:

I don't know about most of the others but Iran is like 2nd in sex changes and the Iranian state pays for like 1/2 or 3/4 of the cost of sex reassignment surgery :v:

Mind you, that's pretty much so the Ayatollah can claim there's no gays in Iran. Rather weird priorities, if you ask me.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Wezzo posted:

For context, Light Balance were a (pretty decent) act on last night's episode of Britain's Got Talent, who didn't get through to the final. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyFWc15GT8Y They also happen to be from Ukraine.

Aww, they didn't get through to the final? Shame. :(

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

This guy's twitter profile is basically trying too hard to be liberal.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

From my sister's Facebook:

I don't think the first comment is joking. :ohdear:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

So the woman in this video, who's already under a lot of fire for being a racist piece of poo poo, doesn't know when to stop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqdCWpUmP-Y

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

So apparently I'm a "bullying gobshite" for trying to ascertain whether a group of self-styled feminists think it's okay to touch the genitals of children.

For the record, I asked her twenty-four times before I got tired of imitating Jeremy Paxman.

TinTower has a new favorite as of 01:18 on Jun 5, 2014

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

Why'd you ask that 18 times? What context made you think that was a good idea?

And without context, the diaper changing argument is pretty valid to me, and since you chose not to supply context... I hope you don't work in PR.

Edit: missed the edit, I'm not watching a 9 minutes video to figure out why you felt the need to ask someone about children's genital twenty four times.

Because she refused to answer it the first seventeen times. She was trying to claim that a certain person hadn't engaged in sexual assault of a child; I asked whether it was acceptable to do the course of action that third party did.

With regards to the video: one of the most famous interviews Jeremy Paxman did was with former Home Secretary Michael Howard, in 1997, where he repeatedly asked if he threatened to overrule the director of British prisons on a certain matter. Paxman eventually got his answer, seven years later, for what it's worth.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

If you're wanting to know who the third party is, it's Philly-based journalist Victoria Brownworth. She wrote a column about touching and gawking at a trans kid's genital area while he was receiving a testosterone injection, and any attempts to point out that it's skeevy as gently caress if not actually sexual assault have been rebuffed with denial it even happened. Because feminism.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I got Moon Moon. :smith:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

This person is a Guardian journalist and respected feminist speaker.

No, I'm being serious.

Kinda ironic, given that she was one of the people who was celebrating the people threatening Caroline Criado-Perez being jailed (which was a Good Thing, I should point out).

TinTower has a new favorite as of 18:52 on Jun 6, 2014

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Puntification posted:

Implicitly threatening to beat/possibly kill lib dem voters is perhaps the least offensive opinion she's had about anything.

Given her massive hate for certain Lib Dems, it's probably more out of a hatred for them than the party.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Puntification posted:

Oh of course, yes well more fool me for not realising since it was her opinion it was actually something terrible.

There's a difference a goon in D&D saying "the Lib Dems will be first against the wall when the revolution comes, etc" and a millionaire columnist saying "give me a list of addresses of Lib Dems and I'll go beat them up".

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You think @everyword was finished with the word "zymurgy"? Think again!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Segmentation Fault posted:

A hilarious oversight on the part of whoever wrote the bot that posts these. The author probably sorted the words using the unicode for each letter, and é is further down the list than z is (in fact é isn't a standard ascii character but exists past 0x7F).

He wrote the bot in 2007, according to some stories this week, and expected it to break some time ago.

Meanwhile:

Reason for the service disruption? Person fell under a train. :stare:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Krispy Kareem posted:

Shemales go to war too. Click like if you support our shemale heroes.

Trans people aren't allowed to serve, even post-DADT. :troonsay:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Being called cis: totally like slavery.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

This is about the word "shitoris".

As in, what gay men on Grindr often call their anuses when they're wanting a rimjob.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Whatever happened to Maxine?

Will she ever be at it again? :ohdear:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

So the trans man community on tumblr has found the newest evil, in between enby fabs and transtrenders: soy sauce

• Locked thread