Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

They probably hate Catholics too, evangelicals generally hate every other denomination that isn't as wacky and crazy as they are.

I don't think they are too big on the Mormons, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

trapped mouse posted:

Two separate people shared this on my feed. There is no :jerkbag: big enough.

No, I'm not shy. Now let me list the ways that I am shy.

I can't stand small talk, but will make small talk about my life for hours.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

you blithering idiot do your really think that's a waterpark FEMA opened down the street?!?

New Orleans?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Douwe posted:

Did she do this herself, just squirt racism all over the place because she is taller than literal children?

What in the world are you talking about?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Na'at posted:

Any hockey player who tried to leave the ice in the Stanley cup finals for loving cramps would have been laughed out of the NHL. Baby Bronbron should take some midol and harden the gently caress up.

Heh, you sure showed that world famous millionaire sports star.

I'm sure the NHL made you an honorary player just for this comment alone.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

I'll show those people that gun owners aren't dangerous! I'll show them by shooting some cops!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It might be heavy-handed but it's actually got the right of it. I don't know how it is in other countries, but in America it's mostly about memorization and recitation of whatever you're presented with. Our history books are white-washed, our science books have pages torn from them, our literature is sanitized, or government and economic courses talk about how lovely everyone else has it but don't challenge our own systems at all. Teachers who toe the line are in danger of reprimand or termination. Critical thinking is often neither rewarded nor encouraged.

Now, I'm sure there are some sensible school districts out there and things are worse in some areas of the country than others. Private schools are often worse, because they have much looser standards of education. Still, public schooling as a whole is hosed and I don't blame your teacher friend for being bitter about it.

"I had a bad high school so let me extrapolate that to every school in a country of 300 million people"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I actually had a relatively good high school and a few great teachers, so much so that I wanted to become one. Then I abandoned that idea because I started to learn about all the hosed up problems with the education system and how miserable my life would be. Even the teachers who inspired me begged me to go into another career because their jobs are so hosed up.

Sorry but your original post was a crazy statement full of generalizations and sensationalism. The US education system has its flaws but it's not something that can be summed up in an image macro.

Also, it's probably a good thing you didn't become a teacher because with that attitude your students would have been miserable.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

"Men and women are paid equally."

Source: Adults

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Alpacalips Now posted:

Finally! A facebook group dedicated to childish passive-agressiveness. :munch:

Like, what is even the point of these e-cards? Why bother? Why not just type what you mean to say? Having a picture of a guy or some kids or whatever doesn't add a single thing to their point.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

orange sky posted:

drat, even the least possessive girlfriend in the world wouldn't like that first comment on a picture. Some probably wouldn't go down so hard on the other girl but yeah, any girl would react badly.

lol yeah because dem bitches are so dumb and crazy. Jokes are one thing but don't mess with a girls man because then she will go insane!

(It's way overreacting to a joke holy poo poo)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Segmentation Fault posted:

I read somewhere that the gold medals are months of reddit gold, is that right? People gave this guy nearly a year's worth of reddit gold for a post containing nothing but a racial slur?

What the gently caress is reddit gold?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

if this forum has taught me anything, its that assholes who think they know how things work but are wrong are a thing all over the world, not just in the US.

For instance, did you know that Canada and Mexico are both part of America? :eng101:

Canada and Mexico are part of North America, when you say America without the qualifier it means the US.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Kajeesus posted:

There's no point arguing this. America is a continent, and it is entirely correct to refer to, say, Brazilians or Canadians as Americans, but there's also a country that takes up 40% of its mass called (the United States of) America. They're both America, and anytime you make statement either way about people outside the US being Americans someone will smugly inform you that you're wrong.

Incidentally, calling a Canadian American will offend both Canadians and United Statesians.

There is no continent called America.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Kajeesus posted:

It isn't common usage in America, for sure. Just like a Frenchman would never refer to a German as a European.

A continent is a continuous body of land, separated from others by bodies of water. Further conventions also put this separation between larger bodies connected by a narrow stretch of land, as well as the geopolitical border between Europe and Asia. The latter is by far the most common usage in the United States, but fortunately, the English language is not defined by US conventions alone.

Are Africa and Eurasia one continent? Because those are just as connected as North and South America.

(also this is dumb you are trying so hard to be right on the dumbest of technicalities and even failing at that)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Kajeesus posted:

Since you didn't seem to actually read it, I've extracted the important bits for you.

Yes, that's Africa-Eurasia. It's not the most frequently used term, but it's absolutely a thing. Have you never had a geography class?

Some people smear poo poo on themselves and masturbate to pokemon it doesn't make them right. gently caress you go America (aka the US just in case you thought I meant maybe Argentina or Jamaica or some poo poo)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

It's you! You are the idiot on social media!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

TinTower posted:

So the trans man community on tumblr has found the newest evil, in between enby fabs and transtrenders: soy sauce

I don't know what I'm missing here, but it seems like someone is saying "Hey this food is high in a hormone I don't want, so here is an alternative" and some jackass comes in with "lololol pc gone mad you guys are loving weirdos"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Kajeesus posted:

That's a joke, son.

Specifically, it's a gender swapped version of the joke where two gorgeous blonde babes steal a guy's wallet on several days.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Xhe does have a point though. The institution of cisgender has gone way downhill since we elected the cispope.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

N. Senada posted:

I like that the kid has been so indoctrinated as to think s/he would become president Obama. Rather than identify what potential good I could do as a leader, I will pretend I am this imagined version of the president my mommy doesn't like.

There is a 0% chance the child actually wrote any of that.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Well at least they are doing their part to eliminate false accusations of rape by never even coming close to having sex.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

Pro lifers have never pretended to care about the well being of a child after it's be born. They only care about potential. Once born it's a sinner, I guess.

The pro-life movement isn't about caring for a fetus's potential. It's all about punishing women for daring to have sex.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Look, why can't you just be rich enough to be able to have at least one parent stay home to teach and also that same parent be educated enough to actually be able to teach the subjects?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Question Mark Mound posted:

DICKCHAT. As a non-American, why is it normal for kids to be circumcised for reasons other than medical or religion? The rest of the world have gotten pretty good at washing it once in a while so the hygiene comment doesn't seem too valid. :confused:

Because it's American culture at this point.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Hey women, if a man can't do thing, then he's just as bad as a woman.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Shbobdb posted:

We are, quite literally, not the center of the universe.

Well if the universe is infinite then everywhere is the center.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Voltin Bolt posted:

I thought I weeded all of Those Cousins out of my list a long time ago. Just saw this and couldn't keep my mouth shut, I'm Mike Roscope in this exchange. IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL FOR POOR PEOPLE TO WATCH HBO

Poors should sit in a tiny room with no furniture and just sit there being poor and eating gruel. gently caress you poors, just gently caress you.

Did you guys know that something like 90% of poor families own a refrigerator? Disgusting.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Sorry little Timmy, your dad has a drug problem so you aren't allowed to eat.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

I love this argument because these conservatives/libertarians get mad at the government because their job invades their personal lives for no real reason.

Unless you are working machinery or something, why does it matter if you smoke some pot?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Dogfish posted:

Yeah, I'm Canadian and it's starting to be a thing here but not really, and it just seems so completely bizarre.

What I don't understand is how the government drug testing welfare recipients wouldn't be, you know, an illegal search. I don't know much about the American legal system, but isn't there a constitutional amendment for that?

Well it would be voluntary. If you want the welfare check, you submit to the drug test.

There are plenty of other reasons it's really dumb. In Florida, it ended up costing the state quite a bit of money and caught very few cases. But I'm sure none of that was because the governor owned the company that did the drug testing.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Once a child is outside a woman's body who gives a poo poo right?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

brain.centipedes posted:

Is it me? Am I the idiot on Facebook? I called this a "hot button issue" because my brother has severe disabilities.

Did D&D not validate you enough when you posted this same picture and question in the chain email thread?

Regardless if you were right or not you come off as a total douche by your tone.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Zero One posted:

Cut my friend out of this since he was sharing to make fun of it:

Are you sure this isn't one of those whatchamacallits?

A joke?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Grrl Anachronism posted:

A program targeting the health of cafeteria food for public schools in a nation where childhood obesity is a huge (ha) problem banned literal fast food of a chain that serves almost entirely fried chicken from being served to students by the cafeteria? You don't say.

What are the odds they are mad about children eating healthy vs the Obamas removing a good, wholesome, Christian (homophobic) company from schools?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Strudel Man posted:

What the hell is it with goons and invoking Dunning-Kruger.

There should be a law about how goons with the least understanding of Dunning-Kruger are the most likely to post about Dunning-Kruger.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Imagined posted:

Yes, this is an accurate reading of what I said. Ron Paul 2016.

Look, a "community art space" is great, but it's not a business. It's something a foundation or a museum or a local government or an independently wealthy philanthropist runs. Not a bookstore.

Not everyone that produces art is on the brink of starvation. Also, a community art space can be some pictures hanging on the wall from local artists. This is seriously the dumbest thing to nitpick about a store that wants to sell physical books and music in 2014.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Cage posted:

Yeah, lets all waste time and money for someone else to have "fun" for a few months managing their badly thought out store, where they got the idea from a movie.

Yeah, really sucks that everyone is being forced at gun point to donate money for this project...

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Cage posted:

So that means we aren't allowed to call it a stupid idea?

No I think it's a stupid idea too. But the "how dare they ask people for money just to have fun!" posts are stupid too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

This looks like fun!

It might be a prank--the city says nobody has applied for a festival permit that day--but the flyers are real. We'll all just have to wait until September to see if anyone shows up.

So basically there will be no music, huh?

• Locked thread