Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

There's this one which is so eye rolling I don't even know where to start. Also Bohemian Rhapsody is one of those songs that I am so sick of hearing so Beyonce 1, Queen 0 :colbert:

There was another one posted in this thread I love where it was like Blink 182 (I think) vs One Direction, and how Blink 182 took time from their tour to visit a sick kid in the hospital but One Direction, those little pop music PUNKS!!! refused to stop their tour for a sick kid and even charged money (!!!)... Even though a quick google search will tell you that the exact opposite happened and One Direction straight up put a tour on hold and I think even delayed a concert to visit a sick kid in the hospital for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It's loving amazing how many assholes think this guy is a hero, especially considering he just targeted the "hottest sorority on campus". These girls probably didn't have ANY idea who this kid was.

What a hero

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Pope Mobile posted:

One of my friends is completely obsessed with Disney & Disneyland. He's had tickets there for about four months now and has been posting daily updates about how he's SO EXCITED TO GO TO DISNEYLAND OH MY GOD ONLY [number of] DAYS UNTIL THE TRIP!!!!!
He is flying out today and the Disneyland updates have been constant. I expect my feed to be covered in Mickey's taint by tomorrow morning.

Disney is awesome, go back to watching JAG, GRANDPA

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sorry I don't now a whole lot about Islam to be honest, what exactly is she doing that is like "a jew wearing a swastika"? Is it the showing skin in shorts/short sleeves while still wearing the head thing? Cause isn't that whole thing really more of a suggestion than a rule

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Amused to Death posted:

So wait Africa is a country and a continent? So I guess it has like an Australia thing going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNT3BGvyePM

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So the message is clear then

Kill all birds

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

I get casually racist poo poo thrown my direction all the time because I'm "naturalized" and "speak properly," and apparently it's shocking when I point out racist and jingoist sentiments that strangers/co-workers direct toward me.

They always act shocked, like they expected me to agree with them about IMMIGRANTS.

I'm as brown as fashion from the seventies, my last name is REALLY HISPANIC. They know I'm born in Mexico.

I'm white so I imagine most of these kinds of people think I think the way they do, but it's always a little funny when a guy comes through my line at work and bitches at me about Obama or makes a joke about immigrants or the border and then looks at me literally the same way a dog looks at you waiting for you to throw the ball again

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Excels posted:

I think the funniest thing about Game Grumps was everyone blindly mailing them thousands of free games, some of which were extremely rare/valuable, and many people were expecting to get their games mailed back with their autograph.

Not only did GG NOT do that, they didn't even offer an inventory of what they already had or what they'd been sent. They received some games multiple weeks in a row even. They briefly mentioned auctioning off the games they'd received for charity, but nothing came of that. So the bulk of what people sent them was probably shuffled into Egoraptor's massive game library or given away/pawned off

Er, I understand you don't like Game Grumps and that's fine but that's all wrong. They have an ongoing list in google docs of all the games they have so duplicates don't happen nearly as much as when they first started, and all the duplicates they did have, they auctioned off for charity. They still do get duplicates all the time however, and they said recently that they are going to be doing another charity auction with the new batch of them. And I imagine it's a very small amount of their fanbase that sends in games actually expects to get it back with an autograph.

The Jontron thing is annoying cause I like Jontron, I think his videos are entertaining. I liked him as the Not-So-Grump (though Danny is better in every way and just seems like an all around cool-rear end dude). But the way he handled that thing on twitter was loving dumb, and he's done that kind of thing before. It's like... either apologize and move on or just don't even reply to the complaints! But the way he handled it was like the worst way he could've done it. Conversely, in a recent Grumps video Danny and Arin made some jokes that people weren't a fan of. Instead of angrily trying to defend it on twitter, all they did was basically put up a trigger warning at the beginning of their video and moved on and the drama of that died down pretty quick.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It's funny how angry it's making nerds though. The "I loving love science" facebook page (that's verified for some reason?) posted it today and the comments are pretty funny.

Like this nerd:

quote:

Yeah , there's other names for nerds:
● Boss
●CEO
● engineer
● millionaire
● billionaire
● Doctor
● scientist

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

how are we supposed to teach kids to read the bible if He can't fit in the building :mad:

That Jesus' so hot right now

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

edit: ^^ :rolleyes:

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

They're being unnecessarily hostile and intentionally obtuse though? Suicide is totally avoidable. It's not like "woops, I didn't mean to suicide, oh well!" Someone has to make a deliberate choice to do that. And they do so because it seems easier than dealing with their depression. Which is exactly what blue was saying, and then pink gets all aggressive about how it's not actually avoidable.

It's not as simple as being simply "avoidable" and saying it's the "easy way out" is stupid.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

What on earth?

This feels like the most baffling thing posted here. I can't even remember the names of any of my cousins

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Aww this one is just cute. I can't even be annoyed by it :allears:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Amused to Death posted:

lmao I don't even care how good or awful Anita Sarkeesian's actual critique of things are at this point, I just loving love all the :qq: she produces from the worst kind of nerds.

It's pretty amazing how loving pissed she makes nerd dudes all because she wants better representation of women in video games. Like I'm not saying there aren't some issues with her videos, there are. But the overall point of "women need to be represented and treated better in video games" is completely true. And it makes nerds FURIOUS.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

kannonfodder posted:

Shitheads have been trying their best to make feminism a dirty word before video games existed.

Luckily we have Beyonce to make things right

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Elliotw2 posted:

A fake name picked so someone can throw abuse at someone else.

Or maybe it's ANITA HERSELF?? :tinfoil:

Taken from some idiot on Tumblr:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

SybilVimes posted:

e: ^^^ same, she's a terrible person for this, and a TERF to boot, the message is fine, but you need to have a thick skin to stand up and tell people they're being shits, stepping back and crying at the first sign of any pushback from trolls is not a way forward.

I don't know where you get the impression she doesn't have a thick skin. She has been getting death and rape threats since day one, and she keeps pushing on with what she's doing even though she gets them constantly every day. She's not even "stepping back". She was getting rape/death threats alongside her actual address and felt it wasn't safe to be at her home.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

beato posted:

My friend said she was on a long haul flight with those 2, for 16 hours or something, and they've never spoke to each-other once the whole time.

Jay Z speaks when Beyonce allows him to speak

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

That guy's head would explode if he found out you can buy fully decorated birthday cakes from the bakery with an EBT card.

It's also very very rare that I'll see a customer buy the more expensive meats (steak or lobster or whatever) with EBT. That just doesn't happen that often, and if it does, it's probably to celebrate something and hey poor people are allowed to treat themselves to something good SOMETIMES even with their EBT money!

It's just amazing that people have such little understanding of how much you can buy with EBT. You only get limited funds each month, and quite frankly it's not very much, and then you can't buy anything that's NOT food which includes plenty of poo poo you need around your house. And it DOESN'T buy beer despite what people say. I imagine a lot of people see them swipe their EBT card after their beer has already been scanned, not realize that you can have it on the same order, the card will just ignore any non EBT stuff.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Three buildings?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

When I went to jury duty (well the summons, where everyone is in a large waiting room waiting to see if they get picked for a jury or not) before they did anything, they had everyone stand up for the pledge of allegiance. You obviously weren't required to do it, but almost everyone I saw there did. This was also like what 8:30/9 in the morning so imagine a room full of 100+ standing, sleepy, adults saying the pledge in a monotone tired voice. It was the weirdest/creepiest thing. So in conclusing, the pledge is stupid and they should actually take it out of schools instead of the fantasy schools these image macros are about

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kimmalah posted:

I get the impression that a lot of these people haven't bothered to actually read any of the details of the case, so they honestly think the NFL is sidelining this guy because he spanked his kid in any form. When the reality of course is that he beat the kid with a switch hard enough to cause extensive wounds that needed medical care. Meanwhile they probably think he hit the kid on the butt once with his hand and the :byodood: PC POLICE :byodood: swooped in. Not that either scenario is all that great.

Yup. They aren't reading the story at all, they just see spanking and get all indignant about it. Not only did he hit him hard enough, multiple times, to cause open wounds on the kid, the switch he used also wrapped around and hit the kid in the balls. He also texted his ex-wife about it.

quote:

The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child's back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child's hands. Peterson then texted the boy's mother, saying that one wound in particular would make her "mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch."

Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child's mother that he "felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh" and also acknowledged the injury to the child's scrotum in a text message, saying, "Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I'm all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!"

In further text messages, Peterson allegedly said, "Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie heart but don't play no games when it comes to acting right."

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that "Daddy Peterson hit me on my face." The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that "there are a lot of belts in Daddy's closet." He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson "likes belts and switches" and "has a whooping room."

Like goddamn. It's one thing to act all defensive when your are criticized for spanking your kid cause you're too stupid to outsmart your 5 year old, but come the gently caress on! That is clearly child abuse!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Time Square, tourism spot or not, is pretty breathtaking if you've never been to New York before. I live in Florida and Downtown Orlando just pales in comparison. We went a few days after Christmas too so the weather was cold and awesome, and the big christmas tree was up. Every building around you just massive. It was the first time I'd ever been to New York and was pretty in awe of it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Who on earth are the last two girls

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

:stare: The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

This is so perfect

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

LGBTQIFHQWHGADS

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

I know I post about this at my own risk, but according to the trending articles on Facebook, Anita Sarkesian canceled a speech at a college campus in Arkansas because someone threatened a campus massacre if she was allowed to speak. Dude.

WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?????

e: Utah, not Arkansas.

Gamergaters are literally calling in bomb threats and mass murder threats to like every event she speaks at or panel she's a part of. Don't worry though:

Whew

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I was waiting for the punchline that entire trailer. Like surely a rainbow was gonna burst through the door and the I'M SO ANGRY WITH THE WORLD MY SOUL IS BLACK stuff was just a lead up to a punchline.

It's not. That's a real game. What the gently caress :lol:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

What's wrong with those kitties :(

edit: ^^^ :( :( :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Met posted:

Idiots Geniuses on Social Media

You can't post Carrot Facts and not also include at least one of his tweets where he doesn't even mention carrots and instead mentions how much he misses Megan!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hold on a loving minute. Can we loving go back to this? What the gently caress

Is there any kind of follow up to this, specifically about the baby getting taken the gently caress away from her and her going to jail?? Like Number 1 rule you learn about babies is DON'T SHAKE THEM. What the gently caress.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

PUGGERNAUT posted:

The only time I've seen that picture reposted is from people complaining about it. When will people realize the only reason the Kardashians are popular is from people hating on them?

It's amazing. I've seen so many people bitching because the magazine she posed nude in (I'm all about dat rear end so that photoshoot was A-OK with me) had the headline of something like "BREAKING THE INTERNET" and a billion people are like UH NO I DON'T THINK SO SHE'S NOT GONNA BREAK THE INTERNET WHO EVEN IS SHE, and they don't at all see the irony. People HATE Kim Kardashian for, what seems like to me, no real good reason, I kind of feel bad for her at this point.

Like I see the tabloids all the time basically saying "what is that whore doing being a mother??" and then I see a magazine that is like "kim kardashian is SPOILING her son. Will he grow up normal??" and it's like are you serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This is the most perfect obnoxious atheist picture I've ever seen

• Locked thread