Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Just a heads up for UK dudes, GAME is selling the digital version for 39.99 which is a little cheaper than buying direct:
http://www.game.co.uk/en/mario-kart...ibuteValue1=107

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Local is split-screen only, you can't play on the TV and the gamepad at the same time.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Zaphod42 posted:

Uh, last I checked most games didn't have support for it. That could have changed though.

The vast majority of games support off-tv play and have from the very beginning. The only ones that don't are games that require both screens like Nintendo Land or Zombi U or whatever.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Oh hey, the web app is live:
https://mariokart.tv/

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
GAME UK has the digital version for 39.99
http://www.game.co.uk/en/mario-kart-8-299301/?merchname=eshop-_-banner-_-mariokart8

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Is the wheel anyone's thing? The Gamepad is pretty wheel-ish as it is, so the wheel is even less useful now.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Dragon Driftway or whatever it's called is the poo poo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I forgot this was a thread. Have some patch notes:

-9 new Amiibo costumes for your Mii (Sonic, Megaman, Pacman, Olimar, Villager, Wario, Toad, Rosalina, Bowser)

-200CC class! It'll be automatically unlocked for all the multiplayer modes but you'll need to clear the 150cc GP to do the 200cc GP. (If you brake while drifiting in 200cc, sparks will fly off your wheels.)

-You can now brake while drifting with the Wiimote by pressing B+1+2

-You can toggle the on-screen map display when playing with alternate controllers by pressing the minus button (Pro Controller, Classic Controller, Wiimote/Nunchuk)

-You can now toggle CPU players for online custom racers, but only human players count towards the score

-10 new Miiverse stamps

-unspecified bugfixes

They also said the Animal Crossing DLC track will have random seasons during standard play but will be locked to summer during time trials.

Help Im Alive posted:

There's only one Mario Kart per console and we probably won't have anything new until like 2017 so it wouldn't surprise me if they did some more DLC to keep people playing

Nintendo is routinely understaffed on all its console games, I don't know that they can spare the skeleton crew required to keep cranking out DLC forever.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
4gamer, I posted it in the other thread a few hours ago, can't find the link right now.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's something else they should fix in a future update: battle mode.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
200CC Excitebike is way better than Baby Park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They own a stake in the company that owns Niconico, they clearly value streaming to some degree.

• Locked thread