Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Fried Chicken posted:

please continue booze suggestions here

EDIT: anyone have some good rum suggestions?

Make sure to get the Three Star

Anyone know what Rand Paul and Rupert Murdoch were drinking at the Derby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Swan Oat posted:

Drink rec: box wine. It's downmarket, cheap, and also much more environmentally friendly than bottled wine, especially wine corked with actual cork.

I wish I had come up with "cardboardeaux," but have it anyway

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Tonight Thom Tillis, widely viewed as an establishment GOP candidate when weighed against his party competitors, avoided a primary runoff for the North Carolina Senate election where he will run against Kay Hagan. My home state does not fail to remark.

Noted House leader Mitch McConnell

Some down-ticket fun.

And yes, I am picking low hanging fruit. I regret nothing.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
It hasn't been that long, honestly. Hell I'll turn 30 this year and I had a great-grandfather that fought in the Civil war. 2014 and only three generations later.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

DemeaninDemon posted:

A bottle or two of Andre is a great way to kick off a Saturday of drunkenness.

This is how I began a day that ended up in my top three Drunks of all time

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
If you come to D&D looking for anything but a dark laugh, I have a very simple solution.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Also the name is similar enough to WhiskeyJuvenile, who, iirc, is a lawyer

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

What does Obama need with a starship?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

BiggerBoat posted:

Engineering/Calculus de-rail. The problem with this thread (these threads) is that it's too all encompassing. "US Politics" can apply to pretty much anything. I can't keep up with it either.

poo poo. I just made the thread move too fast, didn't I?

I'm going to start replying to derails with stories about Kansas City, Lexington NC, and Texas until every derail becomes a BBQ derail.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

One of these days the morons in charge of publishing the NYT are going to completely gently caress it up and WHERE WILL WILL SHORTZ GO?!

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
I'll die before I go around asking for the LA Times or a Trib.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Fried Chicken posted:

Catching up from pages back:

That sounds like a lot of extra work that I honestly don't have the time for, trying to enter an already saturated and highly competitive news market.

I mean if you want to do it and crib from my posts here, go head, just kick me a fair share of the as revenue for what you use. But I'm personally not interested in entering the journalism field.

There actually was a KrakenWiki way back in the day, but it was about as thin as you would expect a goon project to be. Some of the pages were loving hilarious, though. I can't remember the name of the site for the life of me, but I'd love to see if the Internet Archive scooped it up if anyone can recall.

Basically paging ReindeerF and WhiskeyJuvenile.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Slo-Tek posted:

Angry Orchard is tastes like a malathyon flavored juice box. Even worse, Strongbow has stopped making decent cheap (and sold in 40oz bottles to 14 year olds) dry-ish cider, and reformulated into two separate disgusting juicebox-tasting marks. About ready to give up on cider altogether, or start applejacking on my back deck.

Bulmers/Magners. Though jacking has to be one of the relatively lower effort ways to distill.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Hah, the Grover joke went right over my head on the first read.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
On the topic of reperations, I, for one, think that South Carolina style mustard based BBQ is the worst variant.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

zoux posted:

Also, just because you aren't guilty of something doesn't mean you shouldn't want to fix it.

Best response so far

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Shbobdb posted:

Make a 9/11. It's a Manhattan (without ice) that you set on fire. It's Guiliani's favorite drink.

This requires a liquor high enough in proof that it should disqualify the drinker :colbert:

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

DemeaninDemon posted:

There's also six months of enough feet in mouth to make the biggest foot kink blush.

Dick Morris would like to disagree on both premises.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
USA Politics June: Look upon my wonks, ye Righty, and despair

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

mooyashi posted:

USA Politics June: Look upon my wonks, ye Righty, and despair

Wait no Look upon my perks, ye righty, of healthcare

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Cheekio posted:

US Politics: 130 posts per day and it's only June

There can never be enough. During election 2012 you'd get 11 pages a day.

And I would read them all.

My poor lady and I had just met right before that election, she's never seen me in Super Politics Geek mode yet. I pestered the bar I worked at to put coverage on the projector screen after I voted and bet patrons drinks on which way states were going to go. I vaguely remember them calling it for Obama.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

zoux posted:

Here this is fun. From the new trend of Christian movies with washed up actors playing the college professor antagonists who must be defeated in debate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ6bUfOVf1g

Man is Night Court not syndicated anymore or something?

e:f,b

Stunning Honky fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 30, 2014

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Joementum posted:

Guys, if you retweet this enough Senator Jim Inhofe will impeach Obama! :f5:

I love this poo poo. It's like if enough people show up to the White House (or retweet this) with folded arms and frowns on their faces, the president will Get The Message and pack his bags with his tail between his legs. We did it, we did it! The silent conservative majority welcomes president Joe Biden!

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
C'mon Inhofe staffers, if you're going to say the White House is crumbling, at least use a picture of the Truman renovation.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Three old nuns were sitting on a park bench when a flasher ran up and exposed himself. Two immediately had a stroke. The third couldn't reach.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Stultus Maximus posted:

Stuff like this is real though

This is my favorite Biden picture ever. "TROLL. ORDAINED MINISTER. <_<"

Also US Politics Thread For June: Went down to see my V.A. man / He said, "Son, don't you understand"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
We haven't had bipartisanship since / Nineteen ninety niiiiine

• Locked thread