Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Give me the orioles I want to play with the super league owners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Just so I'm clear:

There's no salary/payroll considerations in this, right? Like, if pitcher A and pitcher B will have the exact same performance, and pitcher B happens to be a 10-year vet making $20mm/yr IRL, the two players are nevertheless of equivalent value in this draft?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I don't want a budget; I was only asking to make sure there wasn't one :(

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I'd be down with being able to pick custom stadiums.

Also...those strategy sliders. Given that we cannot set our own for you, isn't that going to make you want to murder someone trying to set all of them for 30 teams?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Yeah, you forgot to make the document editable.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Sorry about explicitly naming an undrafted player, but it's my turn in the draft and depending on the answer to this question, he won't be undrafted for long.

I'm assuming Carlos Santana still lists as a catcher despite the attempt to make him a 3b this season?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

THE RED MENACE posted:

gently caress I was hoping Iwakuma would drop to the 3rd

Likewise. He was going to be the ace of my staff.

Really boned if my other hidden gem doesn't drop to me, and there's like 55 picks between now and then, so :v:

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

tadashi posted:

PECOTA and some other projection engines really bought into what he was doing last season.

Someone please inform Matt Carpenter IRL of this :(

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Diagnosis: Roid User

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I thought Wacha, Cueto, and Kemp would all be sleeper picks. Shows what I know.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

All of you are too good at taking players that would be amazing if not for injuries. gently caress.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

mynameisjohn posted:

In a vacuum I'd probably prefer Craig as a hitter, but there are like no good second basemen left

There are two I can think of.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

As a heads up, I am traveling until like 3pm today and would very much appreciate not being skipped.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I guess the draft didn't reach me. Available to pick whenever dude before me goes. I'd feel like a real dick skipping him.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

IcePhoenix posted:

Embrace your inner dick! He had four hours!

Dick embraced. Wasn't expecting a pitcher of Lester's caliber to slip to me.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I totally see how that could happen, though, since someone looking for him under 2B might want to play him as a 3B, and vice versa.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Baseball would be better if there were 2 Matt Carpenters

Though for whatever reason 2014 Matt Carpenter has turned into the player I hoped Mike O'Neill might be at the MLB level

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Trade with whoever already drafted Matt Holliday. Dickshots and Dunn.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Zodiac5000 posted:

I'm leaving for a doctors appointment in like 10 minutes, so I wont' be able to pick until like 530 when I get home. I'll be cutting it close.

PM your pick to me or something; I won't be up for another 25 or so slots so it's highly unlikely I'd be poaching your dude.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Moore was my pick this round.

Honestly I think a lot of our "sleepers" aren't going to be all that useful until like round 10 or something. We're still trafficking in big names at the moment.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Hm. Do I do the smart thing and take a pitcher, or do I follow my true nature and take all of the bats?

decisions decisions.

Recreate the dinger temple atmosphere tia

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I thought Quintana was a great pick.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Mornacale posted:

Not to be nitpicky, but it would be really nice if people would post their team when they make a pick. Since I'm not drafting, I'm planning to write up some "season previews" and to make a long story short I've got my own spreadsheet I'm filling in as we go along. Most people are doing this, but occasionally some jerk like FairGame ( ;) ) doesn't and I have to go searching for what team they run. Anyway, I'd appreciate it.

Yeah, I'm sorry. I had to do the same a couple of times and found it moderately annoying too.

this is a good idea everyone please do this

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Pander posted:

So should we go back and edit in pick #s?

I think it's just more a matter of "<teamname> selects <playername>, putting <teamname> on the clock" would be helpful. I don't think it matters that much if a dude was taken 271st or 254th overall

By the way did you know that Mike Piazza was taken 9000th overall and only as a favor to Tommy Lasorda, and that Matt Adams went to Slippery Rock?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

tadashi posted:

I think Rios was a pretty good pick. He can still hit. He's kind of a fielder in name only but that's a good bit of offense for this point.

Contrary to what theacox says, it's you that's on the clock, not me.

e: oh wait there was trade shenanigans and I'm up! Disregard!

FairGame fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 27, 2014

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Wolverine goes back to 2011 to prevent Ron Washington from playing a compromised Nelson Cruz in right field

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Mcfreeze when this is all over let's see if we can work something out. I wanted Reynolds so badly look at my team page.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Corey Hart seems like a good pick, assuming the sim is as forgiving of injury as I'm led to believe. Dude mashed constantly from 2010-2012.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

are you happy icephoenix? I picked so many times without needing to be bothered

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Sexual Lorax posted:

I just did this for my own sanity. All times EDT starting at the top of Round 18 yesterday:

Tampa Bay pick at 4:43pm, Boston up until 6:43pm
Boston pick at 5:24pm, Cleveland up until 7:24pm
Cleveland's clock expired 7:24pm, Milwaukee up until 9:24pm
Cleveland pick at 7:40pm
Milwaukee pick at 7:57pm, Chicago (N) up until 9:57pm
Chicago (N)'s clock expired 9:57pm, Baltimore up until 11:57pm
Baltimore's clock expired 11:57pm, San Francisco up until 11:57am
Chicago (N) pick at 9:31am

The Blingees' time is accurate in the draft doc. They have just under two hours to pick.

Edit: Time travel oooOOOooOOOOooOOOOO

It didn't matter, but I (Baltimore) should not have been skipped. Clock freezes at 10pm EST. I was well within my 2 hour window when I picked.

Y'all are being impatient as hell.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Sexual Lorax posted:

No crankiness here, just spreading knowledge.

And love.

Mostly love.

:wink:

IcePhoenix posted:

Daylight Savings Time is loving stupid and I don't really give a poo poo if it's technically EST or EDT right now. There's no D in Eastern so EST makes the most sense.

Also FairGame you need to brush up on your rules game, son.

:negative: Sorry, y'all. I was on a plane or in a car for like all of yesterday. Though that's really no excuse for reading 10-12 as 10-10, since 10 never equals 12 no matter what loving time zone I'm in.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

That's moronic and I hate it.

Sure, go for it.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Someone took Sicnarf Loopstok

Good job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Baltimore's lineups, rotation, and bullpen alignment are in their draft sheet. Please use those.

• Locked thread