Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
You know, I don't think I've ever actually seen a picture of the real Gage. In high school psychology class way back in...97? Cripes I'm old...we watched a documentary about his accident and how it changed his personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

JoelJoel posted:

Babies are neither metal nor Bad rear end.

This guy knows what's up:

"Welp, I know I'm going to get arrested either way for this one, so gently caress it, wheelie-time!!"

That's the kind of guy you just know would be great to buy a drink, even if you don't normally drink yourself.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

To put things in perspective, Arnold Schwarzenegger is reportedly 6'2", so not short. Reminds me of when in college I caught a live ECW matchup, and afterwards many of the wrestlers came and met fans outside. The camera, it turns out, not only adds pounds, but reduces inches. There was one guy, Spike Dudley, who would get treated like he was a midget in the ring, to the point of often being picked up and thrown by others, that in person I realized was the same height as myself, an average height dude. The "average" height wrestlers towered over me. I can't even fathom what it'd be like to meet a huge guy like Andre in person.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Baldbeard posted:

I'm pretty sure the customers are fake too. Real people aren't 100% rude or 100% polite. Most real people would be like, "Dude, are you loving serious?" long before giving a Captain America speech like that. I don't watch the show though, so maybe there are some of those responses. All the gifs or clips I've seen though have over-the-top kind people acting like angels.

I've seen the show a handful of times, because it always seems to come on when I'm hanging out at my parents' houses and there's nothing good on. They have lots of times where instead like, there'll be someone racist, or committing a crime or something, and the lion's share of people just actively turn around like "I'm not seeing this, and gently caress getting involved." but they're usually blurred out. I imagine that's like 99.99% what anyone would do in real life.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I'm picturing him swimming in them ala Uncle Scrooge.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Let's see the picture after they turn into giant kick-rear end robots.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Taeke posted:

"Eat up, Jimmy. Oh, and there's this chocolate milk too."

"Chocolate milk? I didn't know we had chocolate milk."

"Yeah, or would you rather have strawberry? Just have it all and go on this spacewalk for us, okay?"

"What do you want me to do out there?"

"Oh, you know, whatever comes naturally."

Yeah, space stuff is genuinely the most badass poo poo us humans do.

The only human not in this picture, including those that have ever lived, is Michael Collins:

The Terrible Secret of Space is that if you even breath in the wrong direction you are totally and utterly hosed.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Ozz81 posted:

It's always staggering to me just how massive a lot of those prehistoric skeletons are, and even modern animal ones. I mean yeah, in pictures they look big, but until you're next to one physically, it's night and day comparison. I remember seeing a whale skeleton as a kid in a UK Natural History museum (think it was a blue whale, not sure though) and I must've stared slack-jawed at it for a solid 5 minutes like "whoa...that's freaking HUGE :aaa:"

Reminds me of a local museum I would go to as a kid had ice-age era moose ancestors on display, and the things' kneecaps were higher than me, let alone the whole huge stilty body that had to be over 2 stories tall. I took my kid there last summer and was disappointed to see they weren't there anymore, though there was tons of cool stuff still to see.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Giant Irish Elk?

Probably something similar. The museum is in Michigan, and the animal was taxidermized, not just skeletons. They still have fetuses in jars there meanwhile to freak you out though.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

JoelJoel posted:

It isn't facial hair or an old building but this blows my mind:

Fun fact, cats will reach their terminal velocity of ~100km/h after falling about 5 floors.

I seem to remember some time ago watching a documentary where they filmed cats falling with high speed cameras and learned that the higher they fall from, the better reacting their natural righting system is, so they're more likely to land on their feet from higher up.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

syscall girl posted:

Seanbaby was a treasure of the web 1.0

Also, iirc the guy Uwe Boll didn't have the balls to gently caress with.

Beat up Lowtax and then loving duck out when a funny man who actually knows how to fight challenges you.

Talentless German coward.

I thought he ducked out from a Spanish movie critic who was an actual real life boxer.

Also, the guy from Rue Morgue Magazine actually lasted to the second round (the only one of the North American challengers to do so) and did the fight full on balls out stupid, coming out with a train of friends ala Hoyce Gracie, wearing a black bat-winged Luchadore mask. In the second round he bit a blood capsule and spit it all over Boll's face as a distraction.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Regardless of what angle I'm looking at, Rally Car Racing gives me high blood pressure. Jesus.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Grey Fox posted:

A fight would break out among the cops over which one gets to shoot it.

Lol that you think the police care about who gets to shoot it first

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure it'll get to the sap once it's through with the bark.

:rimshot:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

DrBouvenstein posted:

Art Deco = Best Deco.

Edit: Timg'd it, though that seems like sacrilege.

I'd probably be a lot more eager to use a train for transportation if they still looked like this bad boy.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

VendaGoat posted:

I have my own opinion on why, but I wish to ask you and the others.

What about doing an act like this and keeping silent about it is, in your opinion, endearing?

Trust me, I agree with you. I just want to read your words.

Someone who does a great good and then parades it around for selfish self-adornment is still doing a great good, that doesn't make it suddenly bad. But when someone does a great good and makes zero effort for anyone to notice, you know that he did it because it's right and for no other reason.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Sorry George, you let yourself succumb to Godhood and wouldn't let anyone tell you that you could do wrong for decades, and you proved the mistake there spectacularly. You don't get to judge quality anymore, it's out of your hands now.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

President Ark posted:

On the other hand when a bunch of upper-class fuckwits tried to eminent domain some land he owned to build suburbs he one-upped them and sold it to the government to build low-income housing so he's not all bad. :shrug:

Yeah I have nothing but respect for Lucas pulling an Auntie Mame. But he still lost creative perspective years ago.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wasn't Star Wars literally made with merchandising (specifically toys) in mind, and was one of the first non-Disney movie franchises to take that
approach? And also the reason blockbuster films in general started doing likewise once they saw how profitable it was?

Like, there's being hypocritical and then there's just 100% lying or forgetting about what your creation was made to be in the first place

I want to say from word on the street that Lucas got 20th Century Fox to give him the money to make the first movie on a contract condition where the only royalties he got from the film were the merchandise ones, and they got the money from the actual film itself. At the time movies weren't making very much from merchandise (especially as this was just after the major slump of the early 70s) and Star Wars basically rewrote every single rule about blockbusters, including the blitz of toys and other products.

So, yes.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

When that started making the rounds a few days back on social media, I thought it was fake because of the speed of some of those flips. Still looks almost like ragdoll to me.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

You Are A Elf posted:

Y'all need to make it to a Dollar General and buy some knockoff Girl Scout Cookies that from my understanding are exactly that packaged in DG's house brand boxes for $1.85 (or less depending on the store) a box.

If they aren't made on the same production line as GSC, then they are seriously magical crack or something. You can't tell the difference.

do...do they have the big ones that are shortbread on top of chocolate that seem to change names and pictures every couple years?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Zzulu posted:

When I die, I am donating my body to science so they can turn me into a cool cyborg killing machine that'll save the planet once the aliens attack

dibs on the brain in a jar atop a giant robot spider!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I'll have my ashes replaced with Folger's Crystals, see if the mourners can tell the difference!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Remember to specify which gender.

Kusanagi makes this mistake at the end of the Ghost In The Shell Manga...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

What? No, I meant at the end of the Manga the black market android body Batou puts Kusanagi's mind into has a dong and he doesn't even think to check until after she asks about it.