Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Barack HUSSEIN posted:

You must be talking about WoW years after release or something when 99% of the population was already at max level. I played that game during release, and world PvP was primarily fought between people of the same level with some high level shitlords only ganking in lower level zones here and there. It didn't happen often compared to the even level PvP, but it was probably very sore in peoples' memories whenever it did happen because they were powerless unless they organized. We'd usually posse up half the zone and destroy those people or answer guildies' bat signals to go deal with them once we were higher level.

Anyway, I was trying to give a heads up that this game's open world PvE content is really boring and generic stuff (collecting space bear asses is pretty much half the quests) and the threat and thrill of PvP will make it actually exciting to level, especially with a guild of goons at your back.

That phase lasted all of about 8 months until a good chunk hit max level and instanced pvp was introduced. Then the people that actually wanted to enjoy PvP were doing warsong and AV for the rewards and left open world for the small grief squads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Scientists get done decent buffs too though, when you finish scanning an item you can continue scanning then to get 5 min buffs. Some examples in the starting zones are damage shields, mobs no longer aggro are on you and healing zones.

Soldier gets an Evac which is great for getting around the zone but not much of a life saver in a world where everything leashes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Does anyone know if the current skills in beta are just reflective of the non closed cap or does everyone stop getting new skills at 31?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

poptart_fairy posted:

If I want to be in a more support role (a mix of buffs/heals) rather than just straight out healing, would I be better served as a Spellslinger or Engineer in the long term? I'm hearing strong arguments for both but neither really goes into detail.

Engineers secondary role is tank not heal/support. They have a little bit with bots but not much and bot AI is just short of useless right now.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Anyone try an adventure yet? Did they maybe fix the 90% off voices that were still broken last weekend?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

This isn't true at all.

Yeah, you can play a dude and have small tits.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Doublestep posted:

The level 15 adventure is a blast.

I'm gonna hit 20 tonight-ish and check out the dungeon to see if it's the promised land but if it's anything like adventures I'm happy with them

I mentioned it a bit in the last thread but I want impressed with the level 20 dungeons. Same amount of lot as adventures but the times as long, corridors from one boss to the next and trash mobs have way too much hp. Boss fights are a lot of fun though, they get pretty hectic and feel about on par with WoW raid bosses with having to carefully watch mechanics. Hopefully they get better further into the game and the first are just simple so you can get used to them.

They feel really disconnected from the main game though, no quests leading to them, don't seem to tie into a zones sorry at all except for a short quest line you do at level 8. Do they even have a physical entry point?

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 9, 2014

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Doublestep posted:

How's the exp in dungeons? Guy I talked to last night said he was getting about half a level from the prison adventure at 20 so I'm wondering how the dungeons compare.

I got maybe a quarter of a level? The challenges are a lot harder so you miss out on a bunch of the bonus xp from getting the gold medal that is a given in the adventure.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Doublestep posted:

Okay, I've seen a few mentions of "shiphands" but I can't find anything about it. Anyone care to enlighten?

The closest I can compare is Chronicles from Rifts. Mini dungeons you can do in a group out solo with good gear and a level out two over the minimum

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Hopefully NCSoft lets them stick to it this time.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

a cat on an apple posted:

I'm just in love with NPC dialogs.

I wish they had more voice acting, not for quests, but for the NPC conversations. :3:

I'm not sure, but I think half the chula are voiced by Cree Summers.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Doublestep posted:

reserved names are global

there's still no server list for launch

They've said that with the exception of Nexus the beta server list will be the live server list, did they change their minds?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Outfitter and Architect requiring multiple gathering skills seems like an artifact from when everyone could gather every node just less efficiently

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

I said come in! posted:

Will Wildstar do this? There's really no reason for an MMO to not give each player in the raid their own loot. Or another good method to do it is tokens as currency that you spend at an NPC in town. If Wildstar doesn't do it like this then i'll just avoid raids.

They've said there will be a currency you earn, probably it'll end up being like WotLK era. They won't do individual loot for the raids since while it's great for pugging stuff like in LFR it will only hamper progression raiding.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

dreffen posted:

http://rest.wildstar-online.com/api/gnpnr This will show you what name and guild name you got reserved.

I got the wrong name reserved because this system is dumb. So, hooray. Did you get the wrong name? 'Get hosed' is probably the answer you're going to get.

Excellant, my reservation of Rumpshaker went through.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Potsticker posted:

I haven't played Stalkers, but it seems like every class has a pretty good niche. Espers people are down on because they don't get a mobile resource generator until 11 and so they feel really immobile and slow to start. Warrior is fun, lots of good up close options and skills to get you there. Spellslingers are supposedly the weakest right now, but I didn't really feel that way. They've got some good DPS and CC options and felt the most fun for me to play.

Yeah, I don't feel Spellslinger is the weakest at all. It's not as mobile now as it was once advertised but they're the only class with a near 90% up time on their 'R' skill.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are the striped areas expansion content or areas not accessible because of the cap? Seems pretty weird to have unaccessible space right in the middle on the continent.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

I said come in! posted:

So boom boxes are like those packs in Star Wars the Old Republic that give you items and one or two items are a rare chance at something really nice?

Yeah, they've mentioned boosters, unique mount adornments and costume pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Allswell posted:

Actually what you are supposed to do is jump over the walls.

I felt really stupid when I figured that out.

I tried that a few times unsuccessfully, maybe it was graphic settings being a little too low to properly gauge it or latency.

• Locked thread