Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

regulargonzalez posted:

drat you Houston fans can moan. I hope they *don't* loving draft Carr and instead pick up Taylor Martinez in the 4th.

I'm sorry. I don't know anything about Carr 1.0 but Carr 2 is a suspect prospect at best. He struggled mightily against the only good defense he played and has horrible pass distribution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ComposerGuy posted:

We've been a running joke since we came into the league so

More recent playoff wins than 21 other teams, with a team that's younger than all of them too.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I just learned that the #1 pick in the second ever NFL draft was a center. I'd love to see that now.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Vikings beat us to Freeman and now they beat us to Bridgewater. They're gonna get to pick one pick ahead of us next year and they'll get Winston or Hundley or something just because we can't have anything intriguing. Bastards.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Kirios posted:

If it's unfair for me to judge Derek Carr based upon his name then it's unfair to judge Ryan Mallet based upon the very little we've seen of him.

These two things are the same. Totally.

Kirios posted:

Bill O'Brien has a lot of experience with him
One year in New England where the guy played 0 snaps.

ComposerGuy posted:

Drafting Carr would give me a pretty good excuse to do another song for the Farthouse so I'm actually pretty down.

well poo poo I'm sold this owns

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Kirios posted:

That would be pretty sweet, actually. But no, it's not worth another Carr. :(
I think I understand why you're opposed to Carr, Kirios

It's the same visceral reaction I have to another Bush becoming president

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NO, YOU DIDN'T HEAR ME I SAID BRING ME ALL OF THE CARRS YOU HAVE

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Carr 2: Carrmageddon

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

No Safe Word posted:

These two things are the same. Totally.

One year in New England where the guy played 0 snaps.

well poo poo I'm sold this owns

...he had a full year as the OC with Mallet as a rookie teaching him up. I think he got a pretty good loving idea about what potential Mallet has from that NSF are you kidding me with this garbage?

JT Jag...that's a pretty fair analogy. I recall having the exact same reaction to Bush beating Gore. In hindsight it also looked to be a completely accurate one too, because he was a pretty horrible president.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Now I hope we draft Carr because I'm writing lyrics already.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The best part about Vikings taking Bridgewater is that Gendo will always have the Seahawks to thank for it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Azhais posted:

They've crushed round one two years running

Yeah, Kalil and Harrison Smith in 2012, Sharif, Patterson, and Rhodes last year. Spielman is pretty good at this draft thing outside of the one obvious mistake.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

But of the QB's left Carr's the best so I'll be happy if they take him and don't try some weird poo poo.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wonder if Oakland could have traded Pryor and our 2nd for 32.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If they HAVE to take a quarterback I'd probably rather have Garoppolo...but man, what a letdown. From Bridgewater to the gigantic scrapheap that remains.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kirios posted:

I hate football. It is the worst sport.

Something amazing didn't happen. You still got Clowney and zero Bortles.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Kirios posted:

If they HAVE to take a quarterback I'd probably rather have Garoppolo...but man, what a letdown. From Bridgewater to the gigantic scrapheap that remains.
Trade you your second, a third and a future first for Bortles

you know you want to

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
trade us jj watt for terrelle pryor ty

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Kirios posted:

I hate to say it, but he probably isn't Tony Romo 2.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
It's also entirely possible the Texans don't give a poo poo about Bridgewater to give up a 2nd and 3rd for him, guys. Or Carr, for that matter.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Something amazing didn't happen. You still got Clowney and zero Bortles.

Something amazing did happen though with Clowney. I mean maybe people are used to the idea by now but holy poo poo Clowney and Watt.

Also gently caress the Rams but holy poo poo that line.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

bhsman posted:

It's also entirely possible the Texans don't give a poo poo about Bridgewater to give up a 2nd and 3rd for him, guys. Or Carr, for that matter.

What about Bortles?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

bhsman posted:

It was a fourth actually.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestheHammer posted:

And the Vikings traded up from 40, not 33.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

PrinceRandom posted:

I hate to say it, but he probably isn't Tony Romo 2.

Like I said, I really don't like any of the QB prospects that remain.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
So is it true that a homeless man told Jimmy Haslam to pick JFF because if so holy lol

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Toad on a Hat posted:

So is it true that a homeless man told Jimmy Haslam to pick JFF because if so holy lol
Yes. Homeless man for new Browns GM campaign begins now.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Toad on a Hat posted:

It is true, Sal Paolantonio from ESPN reported the story.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Release his name and I'll hire a hit man cause I almost had Manziel in the NFC like I wanted for this entire loving draft.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Did the homeless man just wander into the Browns war room after their first pick, or what

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

CharlestheHammer posted:

Ah, OK. Still, there are more quarterbacks in the draft than the drafted three + Carr.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure the homeless method was used to pick all Browns QBs since 1999.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

JT Jag posted:

Did the homeless man just wander into the Browns war room after their first pick, or what
Actually the homeless man was Bernie Kosar, who just happened to look and sound like a homeless man.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
10 bucks says he's the same guy who gave Jimmy great advice on how to cheat truckers on fuel costs

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

bhsman posted:

Ah, OK. Still, there are more quarterbacks in the draft than the drafted three + Carr.

We're ending up with Tajih Boyd, as was predicted many months ago.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

bhsman posted:

No there's not.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Toad on a Hat posted:

10 bucks says he's the same guy who gave Jimmy great advice on how to cheat truckers on fuel costs

:golfclap:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

bhsman posted:

Sadly there aren't anymore safeties after the drafted 4.

Maybe I'm wrong about today. Maybe Mosely will be the next Kuechly and he and Arthur Brown will form the best LB pair in the league for years to come.

Right :( ?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

bhsman posted:

Theoretically sure.

There are even more in free agency!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Volkerball posted:

No there's not.

Yes there are?

• Locked thread