Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Speaking of - is there an existing variant Paladin who gets more choices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

waderockett posted:

If I were going to play a paladin in 13A I'd look at the Humakti in 13th Age Glorantha. Lots of paladin-feeling features, talents, and powers like Armor Geas, Death before Dishonor, and Grim Truth.
I'll look for that - thanks.

I just feel bad for my Paladin player whose choices are usually "basic attack" and "smite" with some laying on of hands here or there.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I haven't but l love that Swordmage

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
My Paladin player has finally hit the wall and will be looking for an alternative class.

When your only decisions are "smite? y/n" and "lay on hands needed? y/n" welp... It's fine for a few sessions but not a campaign.

I'm recommending Commander - but also wondering if a multiclass wouldn't be terrible? I can't say I fully understand parts of the 13A multiclass system - but it seems like he'd lose extremely little if multiclass Paladin/Commander, right?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

fosborb posted:

Paladin/Commander is one of the strongest classes in the game, flat out. You hit hard on your turn and you have heals/protection and on everyone else's turn you become the indispensable reroll engine and you get to really gently caress the GM over when they roll poorly. It's a monster
I guess my question is - do I understand this right? You have two different basic attacks and you need to decide which one?

I'm guessing he'll also need the Armored talent from the Commander if he wants to stay in plate?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Thanks for dropping by, man.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

HomegrownHydra posted:

Please list ALL of Jonathan's contributions to the game. There's a whole lot certainty here that anything a person doesn't like about 13th Age must be Jonathan's doing while anything they do like must have come from Rob. So let's see the evidence for this.
It's all over the interminable sidebars, my goon.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Eh, I signed up for my group to test. We've been playing 13A so I'm looking forward to it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah I do a combination of overkill, extra kill, and "I'm getting out of here!"

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
It looks like the fighter may be unfucked?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Playtest note - Halfling is the new pro tier barbarian due to the save bonuses.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
We're implementing 2e's changes where possible into our ongoing campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

waderockett posted:

Rob posted a correction to the ongoing damage rules in the beta playtest doc:
That sounds a bit like a tracking issue. Hm.

Why not just have it do the ongoing amount right away on a crit?