Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lt. Danger posted:

Clem's issues with her parents is one of the main subplots of the season ya doof

To be fair, other than a few cutscene alterations, nothing you do matters that much in the Telltale games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

I love Bloodborne and have played what must be several hundred hours of it since buying my PS4, but Yahargul and the Nightmare of Mensis are souring my friend on the game and it's sad to watch. Like all Souls games, they seem to have forgotten how to make videogames halfway through. Instead of balancing things out they plopped in a bunch of repeat enemies that do a million damage and said "there it's fine". If you have less than 30-ish vitality, you die in one hit from basically any attack- two hits if you're lucky. It just sucks because up until Yahargul the game is really good about enemy health vs enemy damage, but right at the end it jumps right the gently caress off a cliff. Generally the game is great about punishing failure in a respectful way but the last 2 main areas are basically Bloodborne telling you to eat poo poo and die trying.

On this note, gently caress THE SWAMP POISONOUS SLOW MOVING SWAMP AREAS, they are in every single Souls game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Loot crate weapons have completely killed Black Ops 3, I thought it was bad before its 10 times worse now, like every lobby is filled with these people using these loving guns.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You can say a lot of things about Overwatch, a good game isn't really one of them, its polished as hell but its entirely broken at a fundamental level, the maps are a complete loving mess, the characters are completely unbalanced, some good examples are Mcree and Soldier 76, other than Soldier's heal, Mcree can do the hitscan hero job far better and with more damage, even with the damage drop-off on Mcree's bullets he can still kill a number of heroes at absurd ranges, moreso if he's paired up with a Mercy boosting him or a Zenyatta discording whomever he's shooting at, I mean before the discord nerf a Mcree headshot on a discorded opponent was 289 damage, that's death to any character that isn't a tank.

Medics? Another huge loving mess, you have a highly mobile medic who only needs to near you to heal you, this medic can also improve the teams speed as well his own, he also has a pushback as a sort of get off me button, you have a medic that can heal, debuff enemies and do damage, all the same time and another medic who's a sniper and has the highest burst healing in the game, on the other side you have Mercy, she can either heal you, buff you or shoot her surprisingly power pistol, she can only do one of these at any given time, her heal beam has decent range but she still needs to be in the middle of any given fight to do her job well and her only means of escape is praying she has a line of sight to a teammate that's not on the point and any smart team will kill you first before loving over the rest of your team, trances and genji's in particular love to murder Mercy because you're such an easy target, the only thing she brings to a fight is her rez which admittedly is quite powerful but again, it relies on you not dying first to any given major wipe.

I also take some issue with a fat woman in a winter coat having more HP than someone in a suit that turns them into a flying tank but I guess that's nitpicking at this point, OW to me is a game that's popular purely due to the marketing blitz and the blizzard name, its just not a good game at all, I genuinely tried to enjoy it but the maps and balance issues are just far to glaring and Blizzard just keeps making them worse with every buff and debuff, I mean we're in competitive season 2 and comp teams are still the same boring old meta from S1, the only difference is you occasionally see a Hanzo now cause they undid the hitbox changes they made so Hanzo is back to hitting your should but it counts as a headshot.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Mcskill player whining about stuns being broken ahahahaha. :newlol:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Glad to see localization continues to be a blight upon gaming.

Its weird, PW is a franchise that generally embraces silly things like stale memes and California having Japan architecture and Maya loving hamburgers, in a way its part of the games charm, but stupid nonsense made up tumblr crap? Yea gently caress right off, so far its the only stupid thing I've spotted, hope it remains that way.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ShootaBoy posted:

I'm convinced that Blizzard never/barely tested

Basically Overwatch.txt

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Your Gay Uncle posted:

They would never do this in a million years but I hope the next Far Cry is set in the Hollers of Kentucky or the Appalachian mountains in Virginia. Really any run down white trash spot in America. You play a Sociology PHD candidate studying the declining birth rate or someone trying to set up a free needle exchange clinic when you get kidnapped by a bunch of neo nazis and alt-righters, and you have to fight your way out. "The Resistance" could be a Planned Parenthood or a bunch of middle school science teachers trying to teach evolution. Instead of blowing up weed plantations you burn down fentanyl pill mills and all the outposts are neo nazi compounds. It would finally make sense for some random wandering merchant to have an RPG, a g-36 and thousands of rounds of 7.62mm ammunition. Think of all the factions you could fight. The KKK, neo-nazi's , college republicans and dudes taking over a bird refuge because Obama.

Someone contact BioWare, they got solid gold here.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Byzantine posted:

They've dragged the whole god drat world into the abyss because they're mad their lovely loving coal mining jobs are never coming back. We should get to blow them up in effigy in return.

Quoting this so you can't edit it later.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RyokoTK posted:

they should make a game where u shoot zombies but the zombies are like... people on their iphones

really makes u think

and set it in a mall

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't trusted reviews since MGS2. :colbert:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Grinding money in owner mode of DOAX3 can eat a barrel of dicks, along with the owner exclusives swimsuits.

Accept my gift you whore. :argh:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Leal posted:

I'm not convinced this game is anything then one gigantic troll with tits. The girls have a set chance to reject gifts, even if you do anything right cause gently caress you (though if you wanna throw some cash our way you can buy premium gift wrap which has a 100% success rate!). Wrapping the exclusive swimsuits cost a lot of owner cash, and if a girl rejects the gift you get to spend the money to wrap it up and try again. There is difficulty scaling, so if you don't want every minigame to be a pain the rear end you need to intentionally throw games to get it to scale back down. There is a money cap so you can't hoard money. Even partnering is a pain in the rear end if you don't take whoever offers to join you at the start, even with 3 notes they still reject.

It clearly wants you to spend real money.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pastry of the Year posted:

Just jerk off you loving lunatic

nice projection

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArtIsResistance posted:

Yeah how dare he imply the person who bought the anime bikini beach party game did so for jerk off related reasons as opposed to

Hey man Momoji works hard and by darn it she's gonna get her vacation. :colbert:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Barudak posted:

A friend of mine had to review the original Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball for work. He said the worst thing about it was that it was a genuinely really fun and accessible volleyball game but you could never reccomend it to anyone.

Grown adults being embarrassed over games, lmao :newlol:

Its ok guys, nobody's looking over your shoulder, you don't need to tell your schoolmates what you where up to anymore

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think I'll take the black French guy's word over the the guy that hates white people.

Also of all the things that Mankind did wrong that was pretty much a drop in the ocean, had more development woes than anything else.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Leal posted:

Maybe they could of finished the game if they didn't put resources in developing the infrastructure to make the game ping SE's servers when you do literally anything, even jumping. Or forcing in a cash shop 2 weeks before they were going to ship the game out.

Save file exclusive cash shop transactions no less.

Even EA let you use the micro transaction stuff across as many save files as you wanted.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

There's no loving way they came up with that slogan independent of BLM dude lol

Why does it matter

People constantly say games should work toward change but when one tries people get pissy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Breath of the Wild feels like a melting pot of terrible ideas but weapon durability has got to be the worst, never in my life have I played where getting higher quality weapons render combat pointless as I'd be breaking my good stuff in exchange for poo poo, not even the Master Sword is safe from this, its a shame it doesn't actually break cause that would have been funny.

I also hate that I can get a cool mount like a skeleton horse but I can't keep it, the stable master won't register it saying its a monster, apparently programming a monster stable is to much for Nintendo, but hey if I'm using a metal weapon I can get struck by lightning and die in a thunder storm.