Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Suleman posted:

The most common trick to use against Minthara is telling her the attack on the grove is on, then knocking down the bridge she's on when she's walking away from the conversation.
The fight against Raxlin doesn't have that many variations, but at least you can go into the rafters and turn it from a brawl into a shooting range. Thankfully, the enemies don't have attacks with knockback.

There is at least one warlock goblin with a lash that can pull you into the spider pit, which was an alarming discovery for my rogue in my first playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Oh yeah, when my rogue landed in the pit, he landed specifically on the stairs and could unlock the door as soon as he stood up then bonus action dash out. The goblins prioritize the spiders over your party if the spiders get loose.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Cleretic posted:

There was not a dialog option to sucker-punch her. I had to do that myself by having Karlach smack her with an axe, which initiated the same default 'you picked a fight, now deal with it' handling as if you did that against anyone else.

A fun interaction for this bit is the silence spell creates a dome of silence. So if you hit her and she goes hostile, she can't call for any help.

But yeah, there is supposed to be a scene where elyou go along with her and she drugs you, throwing you in a special cell. You can escape into the spider cave or a dwarf working for Raphael can come save you.. It does sound likes you got bugged out of an interaction.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

The Moon Monster posted:

It took me around thirty hours to reach act 3 in BG3, and I was fairly thorough, although it's just not a game you're going to see 100% of in one run. What are ya'll spending all that time doing?

Doubling back to sell literally everything that can be picked up.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Oh man, a rotten mushroom and a spoon! I gotta be able to use this for something, right?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Give your money away to merchant until they are allies, then cast Feign Death on them and steal their entire inventory. Repeat until you have everything you like.

marshmallow creep has a new favorite as of 04:00 on Oct 15, 2023

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

The sudden interruption of a dramatic moment in the story with some cheeky intrusive achievement popup like SORRY YOUR MOM BLEW UP is honestly one of my favorite things about modern gaming.

In Baldur's Gate 3, when you side with Voss and the achievement comes up saying "You've made an enemy of the lich queen Vlaakith. Good luck!" made me laugh.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I had a bug about the artifact when I met Jaheira. In my first playthrough, I revealed the artifact. In my second, I didn't, and later dialogue still played that acted like I did.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

While I understand where you're coming from, I feel like I have to point out that it isn't a +1 to one roll once per day. It's your proficiency bonus to your first roll with any character you meet. And you constantly meet new characters and may only need one roll, so sometimes it's doubling your modifier on a roll, or giving you a modifier when you normally wouldn't have one.

One of the funniest brain worm moves is "Perilous Stakes." You're supposed to put it on an ally and then they'll be able to heal off any attacks they make, but the downside is they take double damage. The game lets you cast it on enemies, so the optional boss with 666 HP just melts.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Oh yeah, love that one. Get two or more low and then when one pops, he explodes and pops his friends, who may also pop and kill their friends...

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

credburn posted:

Is Baldur's Gate 3 good in multiplayer? I know it can do it, and it worked well enough for Divinity: Original Sin but when I think of BG3, it sounds like it would be awkward as hell.

I feel it's great in multiplayer. You don't even have to be in the same map most of the time, just in the same act.

It doesn't have the option to spread rumors about the other players like Wasteland 3, but it has a bunch of other stuff. My favorite moment was when my friend was trying to seduce the evil drow woman, and then I talked to her at just the right moment and I'm the one she went to bed with. Woops! (this has been patched and each player can seduce their own NPC if you are so inclined)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

For me the quit point was after I had spent too much time in a level doing the best job that I could to scour and 100% everything and then I got to the results screen and it bugged and I could neither save nor continue. I could only quit the game. So I did.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

I know it is supposed to be a serious moment but I definitely started laughing when playing the FF7R demo and Sephiroth steps on the tiny cowboy hat.

One thing that got me is that a little before that, Sephi is studying a book and says a line about what's he's learned. Then it's implied he's there for weeks and when Cloud comes back he says "Cloud, I just read this:" and says literally the same thing he did before the little time skip. It comes across like he got stuck on a page and literally lost his mind re-reading the same sentence over and over.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

The only problem with my last helldiver match was i got bodied by bugs so hard I clipped into the undersea and couldn't kill myself to respawn.

marshmallow creep has a new favorite as of 01:52 on Feb 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I mean it's common knowledge.