Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The biggest thing dragging down Saints Row IV: Pretty Dress-Up Simulator for me is that there are no go-go boots to go with the dress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Tweet Me Balls posted:

Every game would be made better if it gave you the ability to make your main character a mongoloid bart simpson approximation, imo.

Did you ever play Oblivion?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

A choice between a potato-person and a twelve-year-old anime princess is no choice at all.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

EmmyOk posted:

The Croc bit was such a letdown, they're building up the encounter for so long and it's a total damp squib. You just plod around for a while occasionally getting an indicator to fling a batarang at him and he disappears. It's like slapping a dog down with a newspaper.

A general complaint is that so few games have built in support for trophy stats. For stuff like MGS3 it'd be great to have a stats screen to see how many people I've killed, how many animals I've gotten, how many kerotans I found etc. Rather than waiting till the end of your playthrough hoping you got them all or killed no one. I just finished a playthrough where I killed everyone non-lethally but the game said I killed three people. Apparently if you KO them near a vulture they'll get eaten after awhile and that counts as your kill. If I had a stats screen I could have regularly checked to make sure I was on track.

Here's a more important question: did you kill and eat the vulture?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

TheSpiritFox posted:

I've collected all 100 feathers in Assassin's Creed 2 at least 5 times.

Have you considered therapy?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Gestalt Intellect posted:

This is one of my biggest problems with battlefield after bad company 2. They wanted to make BF3 more like call of duty so everyone just dies instantly, turning the game into a grinder of shooting people in the back until someone shoots you in the back. If you have a head-on "fight" it amounts to someone popping up in front of you for a tenth of a second and then one of you falls down dead. Repeat for the duration of the round. This has carried through to battlefield hardline so I'm probably done with that series. So disappointing after battlefield 2142 and bad company 2 were incredible.

The games before that did have the same issue though--in 1942 it would be snipers one shotting you from a mile away and in BF2 it would be omnipotent aircraft (the single worst thing about that game).

But it's ~realistic~.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

princecoo posted:

I like to collect followers in Skyrim, using one of those "andvanced AI/follower" mods. But I hate actually taking them with me into combat.

So I usually wind up building a hearthfire house, then filling it with followers, who I then make into my own personal little party house of NPCs. Then I go build another hearthfire house, and aquire a new set of followers to bind to the house. Rinse and repeat for all homes and steadings in the game. Then everytime I return home from adventuring, no matter which home it is, it's a party!

A party where no one says anything, interacts with any one else or reacts to your presence.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Namarrgon posted:

Electrical engineers' frathouse.

Good old Lambda Lambda Lambda.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

GTA 5 would be a good game if it wasn't for the game.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Doc Morbid posted:

Speaking of games with terrible last-gen versions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92WhvpMzkGY

Try not to throw up while watching the frame rate desperately attempt to reach 20! I can't believe this was even released.

Never has there been a video with less need for a 60fps setting.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Patrolling the Mojave desert makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Tunicate posted:

Star Trek Online has some pretty great space barbies.

Part of that is you only have one 'armor' slot, and instead of just equipping it you unlock all the armor bits in the tailor, so you can mix and match.

10/10

goty

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > PYF thing dragging this game down: But not Dark Souls. Shut up about Dark Souls.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

"The Lone Wanderer: Too stupid to live."

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The biggest miss for Gat out of Hell is not licensing the Meat Loaf song.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sleeveless posted:

They totally do, though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSc7yehDx9I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M0M03cE73A

In SR4 the villain even crashes one of the sing-alongs.

Not only that, it's a song by The Biz.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Much like your posting

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Put some cream on your hurt butt, Cummy Lemonstain.

A thing dragging down Human Revolution for me is that you get the greatest amount of XP for playing stealthily and non-lethally. This skews the game in this direction, instead of making both ways of playing equally valid.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

There is one reason: Because your robot arm blades look rad as gently caress.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Hunky Joe posted:

Okay well I stand corrected but in fairness I only played 3 and 4. I am not sure how you healed yourself when you nearly drowned though in 4...punched yourself in the guy and spit up water?

I have no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds rad.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That's why I like that you can buy in-game collectible maps in Assassin's Creed. Sure, the flags, feathers and fragments might not give you anything, but it sure is convenient to be able to mark them.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Nostradingus posted:

Not anyone. I would use that power to make myself look like a bear.

e: a regular bear, not a sexy bear

You could just buy a leather cap, assless chaps and some chains, you'd be the talk of the Blue Oyster Bar.

PS: Also, grow a mustache.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Oxxidation posted:

The time has come, the walrus said, to get real fukken mad about some video games.

Of thugs, and guns, and knights of night, and hatters that are mad. Of predator encounters, and whether clowns have grins.

Philippe has a new favorite as of 20:51 on Jun 23, 2015

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Tweet Me Balls posted:

You can get it pretty easy by doing NCR quests which are heaped upon you by the dozen in the early game.

The real challenge is trying to get a ranger sequoia without killing the ranger it belongs to.

Well, that's the easy part. You just reverse-pickpocket a better gun into his inventory, and take the Sequoia.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Lord Lambeth posted:

It will be good with mods, just like every other bethesda game.

ftfy

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Lotish posted:

TDTGD: There's no Broken Steel equivalent for New Vegas that lets you play in the Mojave after the Battle at the Dam.

As I recall, there was supposed to be one, and there's cut dialogue in the game's files to support it, but it got scrapped. It might have been that they couldn't reconcile the different factions and choices, and instead wrote their plans for the post-game stuff into the patented Fallout Ending Slideshow.

The Fallout 3 postgame was easier, since the story didn't branch in any way, but realizing (for example) how Caesar's plans for Vegas as his New Rome clashes with the Followers' of the Apocalypse will to provide cheap health care would have been much more difficult.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That got so much better in Skyrim, when you could just hit Tab and be done with talking altogether.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

If you unscramble the data on the disc, all you'll find is a 4K image of Trollface.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Amazing chest ahead.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

swamp waste posted:

a bunch of people discovered that they were not as good at video games as they thought

To be fair, this is the greatest sin of our generation.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

If you're halfway decent with Unarmed, fighting the Ghost People in VATS with the Bear Trap Fist turns the game into survival comedy. Instead of running away from unbeatable foes you're running up to them and punching their heads off in a single swing.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

"Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle", thought Booker DeWitt as he hunkered down behind a broken balustrade, rifle in hand, ready to unleash Undertow on the charging mob.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Lagomorphic posted:

I also totally sided with the ghouls to get the mask I needed for my sweet Freddy Krugar costume.

A completely understandable reason.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Bwaah, bwaah...

In New Vegas, the reputation system was much better.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

SpookyLizard posted:

Pierce is also awful, but that's just Pierce. Pierce is always awful.

Look at how wrong you are.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

PubicMice posted:

The secret is to get naked

That's your answer to everything.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Captain Hygiene posted:

Playing through Horizon Zero Dawn again - I never did much with the override function on robot critters outside of where it's required, but I'm having fun with it this time around. But the game doesn't like it when you make a robot animal friend out of creatures you're supposed to kill during quests.
Sorry buddy, you were a good pet who happily laser-blasted every other creature in the area for me, but the game says I have to kill you before I can successfully look at this spot on the ground to move forward in the mission :rip: :smith:

A real Old Yeller moment

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

You fool, modding is the game

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The only bad part about Alpha Protocol is that you can't pause conversations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I understand that it can't be a Fallout, Deus Ex type thing where you can let the question hang forever, but even the TellTale games allow you to pause whenever.