Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

And Elden Ring is too long and wide-spread for the "it's for ng+" argument to fully work. There's so much game and even if you roomba around the map you're gonna miss a lot of stuff. There's apparently a guy who sells shrimp and is involved in the Volcano Manor questline somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The Oedon chapel dweller is the nicest guy in the entire game. He just wants people to be safe, and he wants to be friends with the Hunter.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

bawk posted:

I've gone for 30 hours walking around Kamurocho in Yakuza Kiwami, an area the size of maybe an average JRPG town, and the only time I ever used the fast travel/cab service was when a side quest heavily hinted that I needed to use it to progress the side quest.

If I need to walk 5000 times across the world, make it super small and regularly fill it with jerks to beat the crap out of :2monocle:

Density is how you save an open world game, really. The Cyberpunk DLC is the same way: it's a tiny area jampacked with stores and jerks to sneakhackshoot and quests.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Opopanax posted:

The hot Shelob from the Mordo games

uh she was never actually a boss and furthermore

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

CordlessPen posted:

I know it sold well but I thought it was an AssCreed 3 situation.

I didn't think Arceus was that good, but that seems harsh.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Borne of the Blood
Made Men by the Blood
Undone by the Blood

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Cleretic posted:

You know, out of all the stock world/dungeon themes, I think an underappreciated power player is 'Meat'. The part set inside of a big weird beast, with a bunch of organic parts. They're usually at least pretty decent, and I think a strength is that they're underused, I've never hit the Meat Dungeon and been bored by it.

...until just now with Grandia 2, where three of the four final dungeons are just slightly different permutations of Meat Dungeons. that's too many Meat Dungeons, I'm bored of weird sphincter doors now!

Have you played How Fish Is Made?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Dark Souls 2 has your character going hollow and losing their memory, it makes sense that the world geography doesn't quite hold together.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

My biggest problem with Cyberpunk's movement is that there's no way to use your monowire as a grappling hook. There's lots of verticality in that game, and plenty of the roofs are detailed.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Slough, Staines, etc.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

the_steve posted:

I've been trying to craft, one of the add-ons has a quest to get some Hellfire Power Armor and I've been trying to upgrade it as much as my level 12 rear end can.
That and debating whether or not I want to try to get the Supply Line perk from Charisma or not. On the one hand, it'd be nice to be able to use any settlement as a base to craft and repair so that I don't have to fast travel all the time, or at least don't have to keep traveling to Sanctuary to dump everything into that one specific workbench.
But on the other hand, I do not really give a gently caress about settlements. I do not have fun trying to lay them out, and I doubt I'd be any good at making even just a private base for myself.

If you're gonna do any in-depth crafting at all, it's super important to get Local Leader 2. It's of course important if you're playing on Survival and can't fast-travel, but even in normal mode having a base nearby where you can dump all your poo poo and there's a Resident Evil-type item box with all your materials is much more convenient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Mamkute posted:

Assassin's Creed 3: The boat level is back, and now there's two boats!

AC3 is full of things that belong in this thread. I was so disappointed when I played it.