Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Wild Knight posted:

Is that a Chronicles of Prydain reference in the thread title, because those books were 70% my childhood.

This looks promising, though I'm slightly disappointed Sam doesn't seem as talkative as he is in Agents, because Sam's snarkiness in Agents was amazing. Though...I may be mixing that up with your writing. I'm not sure.

Considering the main character is literally an assistant pig-boy, I think the game is what made the reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Psion posted:

Oh ho ho am I glad I saw this thread.

Nothing is ever going to be the new Wolfah.

Let's all keep in mind that there's a good chance that Woolfah will be the new Woolfah.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm beginning to suspect that all the old wandoliers retired because it's a thankless job that requires you to deal with a lot of strange and irritating people.

Also, Barney is now voiced in my head by Scruffy the janitor.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Angela Christine posted:

Why does a farm that only has two pigs even need an assistant pig boy?

Humble origin stories don't just provide themselves, I'll have you know.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

So, wait, Marlon was the last person to teleport out but the first person to teleport in.

Where did everyone go in between?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Stop that, you're making Gimli cry!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I hope Marlon never stops. :allears:

I suspect he's spent this whole time spying on Sam with a crystal ball, waiting for a moment to butt in.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I've always thought it was just a little bit creepy when everything smiles at you.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Picayune posted:

POOF POOF

The best part of all the teleports, I think, is how everyone's got this wide-eyed expression whenever they 'port in. It's like there's something in the teleport dimension that will do bad things if you close your eyes while you're there.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Under the theory that the outfit will change with each location like with MySpy, I say Sam should use the top-left outfit first because it's a recolor of the pig-boy costume and it only makes sense to visit the nature preserve as the newly appointed Royal Pig-Boy.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Renée seems like she's a few elephants short of a zoo if you get my drift.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Glazius posted:

But, but... he has fish. In his pockets. Now he can get embroiled in international intrigue without even realizing it!

I thought you needed a single red shoe to do that.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Veloxyll posted:

As soon as I saw her secretly craving bacon, I knew that you should put bacon wallpaper in her room.

I see the goonmind agrees.

So far as I can see, the game handed the bacon wallpaper at specifically this time so Sam could perform this task.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Angela Christine posted:

Why would you even put your gourmet flour mill outside in the grass? That's just unsanitary. Doesn't the flour mill usually go inside the windmill building?

It's not artisanal unless there's some dirt mixed in there.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

At a glance, looks like the irrigation is broken.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Picayune posted:

: Nope. Gabby hates soup. Gabby likes the sweet taste of justice. To the Sheriff, young'uns.

Oh, Gabby. Gotta love how the game doesn't even bother asking; everyone's well aware that Sam is going to end up fixing everything.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

So...will Sam ever get to taste this pizza he worked so hard for?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Picayune posted:

: They're a cousin of the squid, but instead of ink, they spit fireballs! Ha ha! Like a wizard!

... um. Happy Essences for that one.

I think that's a Zelda reference.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I guess T.O.B.O.R. wants to be a chef just like his old buddy Bender.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

alcharagia posted:

Dr. F remains the best character in MySims.

I just wish we could hear someone shouting his lines out. And I don't just mean in simlish, I mean like a Saturday morning science show starring Dr. F and SCIENCE!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Today's update should have this theme playing in the background.

And let's pick up some candy before we go visit those stuffy elves.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

It doesn't even have a DJ Candy at the moment. For shame.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Dr. Buttass posted:

I think, if you want to get super technical and picky, tomatoes actually are a type of berry. The elves aren't playing you for a chump, they're just stupid and pedantic. Which puts us in much more familiar territory re: elves.

Botanically speaking, tomatoes are indeed berries, as are such things as avocados, pumpkins, and watermelons. Tomatoes only transform from fruit to vegetable when it comes time to eat them.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Hopper sure loves to get sprung.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm really curious as to what's going through Spencer's head there, but at the same time I really don't want to find out.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Mehuyael posted:

Man, that's kind of a letdown. I was hoping for A Very Special Episode where the queen learns that conventional cute isn't all there is.

There's still time for that. We've only just discovered the queen's nefarious plan.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

"What's that, Daniel? You, too, have asked the Wandolier to solve all your problems? I suppose you really can take care of yourself!"

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I guess that explains his cat-who-ate-the-canary grin.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Picayune posted:

Even as Sam steps up to do just that, though, Barney is teleported away! Marlon?!

I guess aftershocks is a potential side effect of teleportation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I flipped a Liberty coin and it came up heads.

• Locked thread