Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

JG Wentworth posted:

Hey just curious, they have any intentions of introducing a rally series to this game?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Cojawfee posted:

From May 27th to June 30th you can join iRacing for 3 months for 12 dollars with the code: PR-JoshWise98

Son of a bitch I just renewed yesterday. I was like "maybe I should wait in case a promo comes along... nahhhh."

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Just did a rookie Street Stock race, and when I hit the tow button after a crash I had to wait a minute or so for the tow and then another minute or so for repairs to be completed. I thought that at rookie and D level, your first tow in a race included an instant repair. Did this change recently?

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Cojawfee posted:

The tow itself is not instant. Are you sure it was repairing and you just didn't have tires and fuel selected?

I know the tow isn't instant, but the first repair was since I'm still in rookie. Previously, the first time I hit the tow button in a race, I would be teleported to the pit, my car would be instantly repaired, and after I waited a certain amount of time for the tow, the pit crew's brake/go sign would come down and immediately be lifted again, and I would be on my way in perfect condition. Now, I have to wait for the tow, and then wait again while the sign is down and all the damage is repaired before I can get going again. In short, the last time I played, about two months ago, my first tow would include an instant repair, and now the repairs take time in addition to the tow. I haven't changed any of my pit settings either.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

sativa dreams posted:

Regardless, it's insanely expensive. I'll definitely keep playing the Miata races, but I just don't know about ponying up the cash to do anything else.

iRacing's structure can take some getting used to if you're coming from other games like Gran Turismo or whatever. It's not the kind of game where you beat an event and then move on to the next one. It takes a lot of practice with a particular series, driving a particular car, to be able to place consistently highly in that series' events. It may not seem like you get much with the base subscription, but just the Mazda Cup and Street Stock series should occupy you for weeks if not months.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

invision posted:

Rookie super stock on USA intl raceway is the dumbest combination of everything to ever exist.

I don't even try to do it anymore. I have never seen a rookie SS race at USA that wasn't a total disaster.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Bumming Your Scene posted:

You can click Test Car on Track, I don't know if it has the same track conditions.

You still have to exit and reconnect to join the qualifying session.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
That's honestly just not a great font for the side of a race car. I would go with something a little less ornate.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Lord Crapulus posted:

You should've seen my first choice, it was even worse! Hopefully I'll get a chance to play around with that again today.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Lord Crapulus posted:

Haha okay maybe not quite that bad.

So since everything I've done so far has not required the use of fancy tools like "paintbrush", I figured I'd try making it easier to read with the tools I've been using before I try to learn something new or start on a new font search. This is with the font on bold and with a much larger outline (only on the sidepod, ignore the rear wing). I did it with white letters and a black outline too, but I think with the bold and large outline it didn't make much of a difference.

Yeah this looks way better.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Cojawfee posted:

For any goons who have a Rift, the next build of iRacing will have it and it is supposed to be pretty awesome.

iRacing's had Rift support for quite a while. I tried it out earlier this year and it was rad.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Oh I didn't know they had to be supported separately.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Are there any hot deals right now for returning players, like three months for the price of one or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
If I have an existing but inactive iRacing account, is there a way to resubscribe through Steam and link it to my existing account, or do I always have to do everything through the site since that's where I signed up?

• Locked thread