Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Actually the AM have a work around with servitor's and robots somewhat basically they use a brain strip it of all past memories and basically just use it as a biological computer, they then consider this to be the "soul" of the machine so their not actually "robots" but in fact men inside a machine.

I think that's the work around, Adeptus Mechanicus is interesting because they don't actually worship the Emperor , they just agreed to say he was part of the Omnissiah so that they would not have to go to war.

I think that's the work around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Also I'm pretty sure it's stated somewhere that the Dark Mechanicus totally hosed the Adeptus with a virus destroying everything during the war and that previously they were super powerful but now they have to go off of bits and scraps of paper etc..

It's heavily influenced by Canticle for Leibowitz

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

drgnvale posted:

White and gold are the away colors, and since I now live in Seattle that's the only way I get to see them. White and gold are also the colors of "Sir Saint," the old mascot. I'm from New Orleans; if you look at my post history in this thread I posted why I decided to paint the knight this way.

The shield is an abomination and the banner is a placeholder for the oath thread; the logo would probably have looked okay if I'd centered my home-made stencil correctly. I'll eventually get a sisters transfer and redo it, plus put a smaller one on the access door.

Thanks! The numbers on the shield also commemorate the Saint's first super bowl victory (and likely the last one we'll get until the franchise starts over), just in case anyone was wondering.

That makes sense then, I'm from NOLA as well. Ha! I thought I was right on those numbers.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Actually I always thought that The Golden Men , Stone Men , and Iron Men, was now and that the Stone men were computers which led to robots, which started the war. Like the Golden men were us not to far into the future creating computers that led to the creation of the Iron Men who we fought.

Also, I like that the Dark Age of Technology is not actually the "Dark Age", it's what the Imperium refers to it as because it was the height of human achievement and it's a bad "time period" to the Imperium because mankind worshipped science as god.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 11, 2015

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It's probably super unpopular opinion but I'd like to see Forgeworld finish up with Horus Heresy and start mining the Great Crusade where the Emperor and Primarchs spread out into the Galaxy . That way we could have Xenos races etc..

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I don't think that Chapterhouse has had anything to do with their release schedule , but has had more to do with them not listing units and models in codexes that they do not have models for.

I actually like the new release schedule as it is, because it makes a distinction to specific armies. Although now we've got more codexes but their pretty specialized. I'm just again hoping the Genestealer Cult rules are true, plus we could get a DEmiurg release I think that's what those guys are called.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Its entirely fair for GW to loose out to 3rd party counts-as manufacturers. It's their own fault for creating those opportunities to begin with. Regardless of what you think about Chapterhouse, that suit did a massive solid for 3rd party manufacturers.

If anything it emboldened 3rd party manufacturers because when the dust settled Chapterhouse is still around, they didn't get sued into oblivion and their owners and employees sold into white slavery. They ended up settling out of court and GW lost a lot. Like a whole lot waaay more than what they got.

If anything GW being kind of a shithead has actually created a better market for wargamers as 3rd party manufacturers pick up burned out customers from GW.

So in a way it's a good thing.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Ha , I hadn't heard the contracted artists stuff. That's pretty skeazy but not unheard of. Still that's hilarious. In other news GW has pretty much moved to shut down all of Australia's online sellers from selling GW products. So hey, enjoy using their webstore you Aussies.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I really like the way those look, wasn't a Goon here looking for tracked servitors. The rules are pretty nice as well.

T5 , 2 W , can shoot 2 weapons, look like they come with Grav gun type weapon and they get some sort of weird special rule Songs of Omnissah or whatever.

quote:

via Cedric Dupont in the Comment Section
Translation of the Equipment's french rules :
Kataphron Assault Armor : save 3+
Kataphron Half-Armor : Save 4+
Arc Claw : Melee, S+1, AP5, Haywire
Hydraulic Claw : Melee, S+2, Unwielddy, At the end of the assault phase, you can do an additional attack with Strenght X2 (max S10)
Cognis Flamer : template S4 AP5 Assault, when used at overwatch, 3 hits instead of 1D3
Heavy Arc Rifle : 36" S6 AP5 heavy 2 Haywire
Heavy Grav Cannon : 30", F*, AP2, Salvo 4/6 Concussive Grav
Phosphor Blaster : 24", S5, AP4, Rapid Fire, Luminagen : a unit wich take a damage or lost a wound by these munitions, take a -1 cover save penalty till the end of the phase. When a unit charge this target, they can reroll their Charge roll
Plasma Culverin : 24", S7, AP2, Heavy 2, Blast, Gets hot.

Torsion Cannon : 24", S8, AP1," heavy 1, 1 Penetrating hit = 1D3 HP lost. 1 wound = 1D3 wound lost. (After Succesfull wound/hit and save failed)

quote:

- can shoot up to 2 weapons
- count as stanionary when shooting heavy or salvo weapons even after moving
- may charge even after firing assault, heavy or salvo weapons

the other 2 special rules are
- "anthem of the onmesiah" (rough translation, new rule)
- bulky

quote:

Kataphron Destroyers (3) 165 Pts
Troops
BS3 WS3 S5 T5 W2 I3 A1 Ld8 Sv4+
Unit Type: Infantry
Equipment: Half-Armor Kataphron, Plasma Culverin, Phosphor Blaster
Special Rules: Song of the Omnissiah,

Options: Add up to 9 additional models @55 Pts apiece
Each model can replace with a Plasma Cannon Culverin Grav Heavy – Free
Each model can replace the Phosphor Blaster with a Flamethrower Cognis – 5 Pts

Heavy Battle Servitors: Models with this special rule can not run, but can shoot up to two weapons to Shoot phase. These models count as stationary when firing with heavy weapons or gusts, even if they moved in the previous Movement Phase, also can charge the same turn in which they used weapons to Rapidfire, Burst or Heavy.

Getting Grav Guns on these units is pretty sweet, that and the whole shoot two weapons.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 12, 2015

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

TKIY posted:

I just keep seeing this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJgAeGUD2FU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I legit think that the Adeptus Mechanicus stuff is good rules and both armies seem to have some synergy with each other. However they need to release the full Admech book and stop teasing us.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I don't think that's exactly true, didn't a Landraider go to war or some poo poo? Like by itself?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

My google fu is weak on this one but I'd love to read the story or blurb about it. The Landraider that went to War.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

If it doesn't say it's poison then it's probably not..

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Admech is so hosed up it's great. I really hope this isn't all we see of the releases for them.

Wait is this a new Nurgle Daemon Prince with Tentacle Cock?

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 13, 2015

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

55 points though for a T5 2 W model with 4+ armour though is horrendously bad. Like everything is good except the cost and the armour save. They'll get decimated by HV HS weapons. So honestly I was sold on them until I saw that. Maybe they'll have a FNP rule or something but otherwise nope.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Hihohe posted:

Rules question. Can you cast a psychic power while in close combat. Like a Blessing?

Anything that is not a witchfire can be used in CC. Basically no shooting attacks but otherwise everythings fine to use.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The Admech models so far have been pretty great, but seriously they are way overcosted, especially the 55 point 4+ armour dudes.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Being seven feet tall and able to throw a horse over the horizon probably helped as well.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It actually makes sense for them to use these huge gently caress off ships in 40k, because once you can build a ship in space, you're at the point where materials probably aren't hard to come by since you know, you can mine in space. So no real reason to not build has huge as possible.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Any thing more on the Forgeworld Airbrush range? Who's making the actual paints? Is it a rebranding of another brand?

Honestly it doesn't look that diverse of colour.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I could believe those rumours on the Space Marine codex , it's always been one of the larger books and they've gone butt loving nuts over detachments, formations, and special formation detachments.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Boon posted:

I think the Avatar still suffers from being slow, but it might be more viable in a foot slogging force.

They're not really slow in the War Host, they move 12" , so while they can't charge after wards doing that, they can still get to where they need to go.

A Footslogging Warhost would actually be pretty boss. Cheap Troops who move 12" and still fire plus get a free heavy weapon in every squad. That's not bad at all.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The Warhost is a really amazing Detachment, that move 6" always when using Battle Focus is pretty crazy awesome sauce, especially for troops like Warp Spiders.

Everybody is all focused on Jetbikes and D-Weapons , but I got a chance to play against a similar foot slogging list and it was just incredibly frustrating to deal with playing Necrons, because everything moved so quickly.

Playing against Warp Spiders w/ Necrons sucks hard.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Moola posted:

I am objectively gay

:agreed:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It looks like it was sculpted by someone who had never seen anything ever or been to earth. Like it was the product of a vocational rehabilitation program for the blind and retarded. It's as if they though to themselves, what's the worst model we can make and then said " No, we can do worse".

It's a piece of poo poo looking model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Okay which one of you sent this to me ?

quote:

With the current heated rules discussion concerning the Skyhammer Annihilation Force formation, I have been again researching the question of 'Psyker Unit(s)'.

I failed to convince people with my less eloquent and less exhaustive descriptions than your own when this issue came to light about a year ago on other forums and at stores. I just wanted to say your explanations within this thread: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/603879.page are beautifully constructed and I'm saddened that no one praised your approach to the rules or was convinced by your explanation.

You gave me faith in the community, that there are some out there with noble intentions and sharp wit, thank you.

• Locked thread