Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:

PierreTheMime posted:

Hey dude, welcome back!

The state of things are good, if a little weird. 7th Edition is about what we determined to begin with, a revamp/fix of 6th Edition with generally better (but imperfect) rules. If you can get over buying a new codex after only a few years I'd suggest picking it up, especially since there's a number of cheap and available mini-Rulebooks from the various dual sets they've been releasing (Stormclaw, Deathstorm).

GW is really shaking up how you can build your army and continues to make new and interesting (even sometimes good!) Formations and other grouping rules. The Necron Decurion system seems to be the latest thing, where you build a super-Formation out of other Formations and get free bonuses, essentially making an FOC out of groups instead of single units. I'm not sure if it's going to carry into the next codex and become a normal thing, but it's certainly interesting.

We just got Codex: Space Clowns, which seems to have made people who like them happy and people who hate them mad. We're not sure what's coming next but we might get Codex: Limousine so that's pretty cool.

That all sounds pretty cool. My playgroup is hesitant to make the switch to 7th, as they're enjoying 6th just fine (and a few want to go back to 5th.) I may pick up a copy to digest a bit and see. I mostly just want to paint little dudes and smash then together to make them fight/kiss.

Yo. :respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

My friends have informed me that I'm hosting a space barbies reunion and "We fell off the wagon" meeting this weekend, since I own the most terrain and don't live with my parents. I don't even know what half of these boxes full of heavy clinky metal figures contain anymore, but apparently there are two bookshelves filled with them and I'm opening them up to find out this weekend. I'm probably going to play Guard. Or maybe Orks. Are those still a thing anymore?

Also, jesus loving christ these threads are still going. I'm both ashamed and proud of you guys, in equal measure.

Also, is that :vomarine: smiley still around?

Hey, it is. Awesome. :vomarine::vomarine:

e: Hey, top of page. Awesome. Have it.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

The Impaler posted:

Holy poo poo it's a Tadhg! And it's been so long that top of page pics are posted.
Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated (by those hoping to inherit my space barbies fortune.)

Safety Factor posted:

Man, we (I) just referenced Fro Kid not too long ago. Weird.

Indolent Bastard posted:

I hope that kid moved on to greener pastures, like drug abuse or something else less damaging than warhams.
I haven't seen him in years now. No idea what happened to him, but I also haven't been by my FLGS in a long while. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything. Although I am now making "chasing the pewter dragon" my new euphemism for warhams addiction.

SRM posted:

Missed you buddy <3 welcome back to the hammiest place on earth.

Guard and Orks are both definitely still things. The Ork codex sucks, the Guard one's alright.

Sup, broham :respek: Glad to see you're still hanging around here. Doing much playing these days?

And Karl Rove, you've got some truly awesome people in that area to play with. Those guys are all class acts, and I'm honestly a bit envious. Enjoy yourselves!

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

SRM posted:

Finally, I have an extra attack and a 5++

Neeeeerrrrd! :v:

That's seriously awesome, though. Mad respect for your commitment to this hobby.

I also have a new neighbor in my complex sporting a chaos decal on the rear window of his vehicle. I'm waiting for us to run into each other so I can introduce myself as a fellow aficionado of fine metal space barbies.

• Locked thread