Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

The glue trap works perfectly!

Fix posted:

Truth.

My good buddy is the manager at the local Hobbytown, which is kind of the hub for gaming in my city. He has always attested that Fanstasy sculpts are much more intricate and artistic than 40k. I kind of agreed with him grudgingly until I saw this loving model. This is absolutely gorgeous!

I've never played fantasy, but I love aesthetics and the "feel" of an army more than the actual rules. How cool I think an army is dictates what I play.

Is this Vampire Counts? Because if so, I'm going to buy it and start playing Fantasy solely because of this model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings (antique Necrons) used to be the same faction lead by this guy but they were eventually split. Looks like this guy's coming back and there's going to be a new Undead book featuring units from both Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings.

Apparently the guy can raise up units of 20-30 skeletons/zombies by himself and can be taken on his own in a 1,000 point game.

So, is he basically the Vecna of Warhammer? (D&D reference).

If so, count my rear end in!

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Well color me curious, I may have to start reading the fantasy thread. Regardless, this guy is just too bad rear end to pass up buying. Even if I just use him as a high-level lich in our RPG games.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

I want 40k space skaven. Hruud or whatever, never came to fruition.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Hollismason posted:

I'm like 100% sure there is a Space Skaven and Space Dwarves made by a miniature company, I just can't recall what they call them, but they're straight up Skaven for 40k.

edit:

Found them, Veer-Myn by Mantic and Forge Father figures

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/warpath/veer-myn.html

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/warpath/infantry/product/forge-father-steel-warriors-with-tactical-upgrade.html

I know there is some other companies that make Squats in space figures as well.

I just wish there were more alternative Daemon models made by companies, that's kind of frustrating.

Yeah, I had a thing for wanting to do Squats counts-as Grey Knights for a while and I looked at a lot of the Mantic Forgefather stuff. It matches up pretty solidly with GW's, scale-wise, but I never really liked their aesthetics. A couple of the models are cool, like their Forgefather Lord and their NOT a Thunderfire cannon, but they always seemed just kind of ugly, rigid and blocky.

Edit: The Veer-Myn look bad rear end and are pretty much exactly what space skaven would look like. The only codex I could really think about that would suit them would be Orks.

Dump_Stat fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 22, 2014

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Hey Cataphract. I started working on a Heldrake and I recalled your squid monstrosity drake (I think it was yours) and how much I liked your color scheme. I sifted through the old thread for an hour or so last night looking for the pages where you described what paints you used, but I couldn't find it.

If you wouldn't mind, would you be willing to list what paints you used and anything special about the actual painting of the beast? I'd like to copy it! Also, a good excuse to post more pictures of it! :) Thanks!

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Cataphract posted:

Sure thing

Awesome buddy, thanks! This is seriously one of my favorite models around! Always nice to see it.

Dump_Stat fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 5, 2014

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Master Twig posted:

Picked up an Imperial Knight last night. I plan to run it with my genestealer cult. I wanted to make it a bit more Tyranid. I figured the head was a good place to do this. Turns out Imperial Knights and Carnifexes have the same sized heads.

40k as gently caress.

Man, I'd love to see a Genestealer cult ruleset. Even a digital only would do the trick. And the limo...

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

How long until we see Tactical Squads in boxes of 5 for $36.00?

Moving from "Specialty units" at that quantity and price to all forms of infantry seems inevitable.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

For pete's sake, just sell the whole mess to Activision, already.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Naramyth posted:

If you are stuck in 4th you aren't competitive. :colbert:

Only sort of related, I'm hoping they approve my ad-mech count as Tau because I want to play mechwarrior: 40k edition. :getin:

Please tell me you named them something-Madcats.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Poor, poor Wyches.Are the Hekartyx or whatever, Blood Brides back? I remember those were just not worth the points most of the time. I'm wondering if they're in just as bad as a sinkhole as Wyches are.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Hey, at least Wyches still make really cool Death Cult Assassin conversions! :cheeky:

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Rano Pano posted:

Made me some renegade Imp Guard! I didn't want them to be overt Chaos worshippers, just generic horror dudes like in some bad movie.

Oh man, these are disgusting in an absolutely awesome way!

Dump_Stat fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 11, 2014

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Cataphract posted:

Interestingly. Him being a non-independent character forces him to act... Independently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKmiDSfjtrM

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Sir Teabag posted:

Is Logan-wing still a thing?

Unbound Death Guard Termies would be loving rad.
Unbound deep striking Night Lords Termies for maximum terror would be my vote. (I just really loved those novels.)

I don't think it ever was really a thing, like competetive or serious-play wise. But be damned if it isn't fun as hell to run around with 10-20 models in a 2k game.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

I've been away from the thread for a few weeks. We're getting two 'Nid codexes in the same year?

If so, I feel sorry for all you guys who bought the last one.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Harlequins are nice. Cool models and all that.

Where are my sister, dawg. I want to get my Immolatin' on.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

"Let's see what's going on in the 40k thread."

*blood elevator from the Shining opens, but with goon tears*

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Hate to divert from the 4chan-like slap fighting, but has there been any word on a possible Sisters release? Been away from the game for a while.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Doctor Borris posted:

Guys I only like to play Sisters of Battle. Whats the best build to take to beat my local Eldar player with a Iyanden craftworld? I only play pure sisters so I know its not super competitive but what would be a good army to get at least a 40-50% win rate? My buddy is kinda a jerk and pretty competitive so I need a good list. The last couple times he used some kinda thing with a D or something on me, and his falcons teleported anywhere they wanted and it turns out AP yes flamers kill sisters pretty good, even in rhinos!
Once again I like to keep them pure so only badass sister lists please. Around 1500. Would really appreciate it.

Waddup fellow pure Sisters homie. Don't worry, some day we'll be the new Eldar codex.

As for right now, just be the most fun person to know at the game store / in your garage and people will think his Eldar suck since you're always smiling and telling people how cool their minis look. He'll win the board, but you'll win the hearts.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Finally, this:

This background should be used for everything from now on. Including your family portraits.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

SRM posted:

I think the paintwork on them is pretty good. Painting them just one base color is pretty boring though, it definitely could look good with some variation in the color (more caution stripes basically)

This looks like something that Megaman would destroy on his way to fighting Crashman, without giving it a second thought.

I dunno though. I don't hate it

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Those look great! Keep 'em coming.

I took some time off from Warhams to try different Mantic games (Kings of War, Deadzone). I just checked back in and I'm a little saddened that yet another SM codex is coming out and still not an ounce of credible data that says my beloved Sisters of Battle are going to get any kind of attention anywhere in the near future.

That might just pull me back to 40k if it were to ever happen.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

What do I stick an Archon carrying a WW Portal with? I noticed Trueborne are min squad 5 now, so I can't load the Archy into a Venom with a few Blasterborne.

I heard he and a Raider with allied Wraithguard are nasty. I'd imagine Firedragons are the same.

I want to use him as a quick knock out punch unit.

I've got my list pretty well shored up, but I just have this Archon with the portal by himself and nothing I can think of sounds like a great fit.

Any other ideas?

Dump_Stat fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jun 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

Sweet, thanks for all the advice. I'll look into it.

• Locked thread