Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Now that we've done away with the FOC, next in 8th edition dropping points altogether too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Fix posted:

Good, he pointed out the change to deployment order. If you win the coin toss you can choose to deploy second and go first now. Crazy.

Really? That sounds retarded.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Ignite Memories posted:

Every time I check back here it seems like warhammer is getting less balanced and more stupid. Your codex has been replaced with a new codex where everything you bought over the last ten years is bad but now you can buy new things we'll nerf in a few years.

And yet some people in this very thread still bought the drat rulebook.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Fix posted:

You guys should make a thread for this project so as to not confuse people learning 7th.

No one should waste there time learning 7th.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

That's the problem with everyone deciding they can make the rules better than the professionals. Mostly it just ends up as self-serving/irrational twattery.

"professionals"

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

PierreTheMime that prince is rad as gently caress.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

adamantium|wang posted:

Bahahaha get the gently caress out of here GW

vvv AU

And you need to buy the box twice to make them worth anything really.

If nerds weren't so dumb GW would have tanked ages ago.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

If any of you shitbirds want the space hulk game on steam it's currently in a humble bundle if you pay $6 or more.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly...cdf98f-97545649

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Most of the info coming doesn't bold well for the orks.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I think 5th was a str3 for open tops.
6th changed it to str4.

Thats what I recall anyways.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

+1 point on shootas but get worthless grenades. Seems like a good deal.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Best hope for that unannounced title is for Homeworld 3, where we pretend the dismal story from Homeworld 2 never happened.

Gearbox owns homeworld.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Moola posted:

The CEO of GW could take a steaming rancid poo poo directly down your throat and you'd be more than content m8.

Nothing more true has ever been posted in here.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Hollismason posted:

Blood Angels codex is really cool, and the formations are awesome, seriously this is a valid army

Tactical Squad w/ H. Flamer, Flamer
Stormraven w/ Typhoon
Tactical Squad w/ H. Flamer, Flamer
Stormrave w/ Typhoon
Tactical Squad w/ H. Flamer , Flamer
Stormraven w/ Typhoon

HQ
Terminator Captain w/ Thunderhammer
Terminator Librarian
Furioso Dreadnought
Furioso Dreadnought
Furioso Dreadnought
Furioso Dreadnought w/ Drop Pod

That fits in a 1850 Army, and those 2 Furiosos can charge on turn 1, also it's a Null Deployment Army. All of those Tacticals have objective secured. You get a reroll of your reserve roll for that whole formation.

It's the only thing in the game that has a first turn charge. That's loving cool.

Oh would you look at that. It's missing the staple loving models every drat blood angels player owns. Guess they should just buy some tac squads.

Yo, I totally don't play 40k anymore, but I still read this poo poo for some reason, and dude, Hollismason you're really wrong and bad.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

PeterWeller posted:

GW does that sort of poo poo fairly often. There was that whole death worlds expansion in late 5E. The problem is that they implement it through random tables and then a ton of people complain about it and refuse to use it. Like with that whole death worlds expansion from late 5E. :v:

The best game of 40k I ever played (and one of my last) was a 4 player free for all using the death world rules and every player using Orks. The same nob had a lava (magma?) gysyer burst out from under him 3 times in a roll and he survived each one.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Hollismason posted:

I'm assuming you all are still virgins because you just can't let poo poo go.

:eyepop:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

those look loving stupid

Make sure to look at the 3d views. One of the guys with the flail things has 3 arms.

Saalkin fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 8, 2015

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

You gained some weight when they put your corpse in the dreadnought duh.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Need an idea for a head for an Ordo Xenos inquisitor.

Cut the very front off a necron face, hollow out eyes, attach to head of choice. Necron mask.

Also add a bitchin' hat.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

is this some kind of experiment where the best and worst ham poster swap avatars in an attempt to make two balanced ham posters?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Hencoe posted:

But it's oddly hilarious.

This is true.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

This thread is now good and cool instead of being poo poo

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

Personally I can't get over the tubes leading to the robots taint

Titillating taint tubes.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Business Gorillas posted:

I don't know why you goons are belly aching about these changes. Frankly, I think that 40k needed to be taken in a different direction and I'm glad GW is brave enough to do it.

I don't play 40k right now, but even I can see these changes were necessary to keep the game alive and kicking. Hell, I might even be looking to invest in an Eldar army if things keep looking promising!

Yes taking one of the best books and making it better is cool and good.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Business Gorillas posted:

Its pretty sad when someone who doesn't even play the game realizes that this is a step in the right direction and you dont.

I don't play the game.

Yes please explain how this is a step in the right direction cause it sure as poo poo isn't.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

ijyt posted:

How can someone be so wrong. :psyduck:

But it is you, who is wrong.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

raverrn posted:

Oh hey, 70 posts in the 40k thread! Did something cool get spoi- oh.

Those posts where as cool as this thread gets. :clint:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Wangs is good. 40k is not.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

richyp posted:

Hi thread my names richyp and I've been hobby free now for nearly 3 years. if I was to ignore the voices in my head and wallet telling me to not buy it, what's the opinion of Betrayal at Calth. I was initially looking at it from a game perspective rather than a box of plastic crack though I'm sure I have the willpower to just stick with the models that come with it (though the new starter boxes look good...)

If you're looking at it from a game perspective you should instead buy something else that's actually a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Hey warhammer nerds. anyone know if any of this poo poo is worth anything? Its a lot from a local kijiji ad so thats the best picture i can get.

• Locked thread