Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
I'm a pretty old SW player, if you want I can do a proper writeup for the OP. A writeup befitting space vikings :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

CyberLord XP posted:

I just want better delivery methods to get my boyz into battle. Although having access to multiple FOC's sounds really fun.

Unbound armies. Boyz in crusaders :black101:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Now that psykers have been changed, the gently caress are they doing to the runic weapon of space wolves?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Sp, precision shots. Whats the deal?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Any model with the Precision Shot rule can allocate wounds as they wish if they roll a 6 to hit.

So much for take aim

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

And RAW space wolves still gently caress over psychic powers on a 4+ :v:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

What the hell were GW thinking with the summoning power?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Doesnt matter got runic weapons :smug:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Well, thats it. After 8 years in the 40k hobby, I've finally had enough. 7th edition is the most breakable edition of the game yet, thanks to one loving thing. When I realized you could potentially spew out 60 plaguebearers a turn, thats when I just said gently caress it. Taudar I could handle, even flier spam. But one ETC player arrives in the local meta and it all goes to poo poo. gently caress.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Genghis Cohen posted:

Can I have your stuff?

Keeping it for the odd apoc and heralds of ruin game.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

So, FAQS are out. Time to buy 500 boxes of horros :shepicide: Atleast runic weapons still stop psychic powers on a +4

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 27, 2014

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

God loving damnit GW. Space Wolves first trying to nullify a power on a 4+ diceroll, and then using deny the witch which denies on 2+ because you have 4 runepriests. :psyduck: :psypop: :psyboom:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Not a viking posted:

SW are really fantasy dwarfs in space and therefore get bonuses to dispelling DtW.

4 rune priests it is then!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Rulebook Heavily posted:

They only get that bonus when they're personally denying. You're still rolling sixes to stop blessings and conjurations because as written no UNIT is denying on those rolls. But at least you're close to immune to witchfire and curses!

Not really, the exact wording is "Furthermore, a model with a runic weapon adds 1 to Deny the Witch rolls" It doesn't specify that he has to be the one denying the witch.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Fix posted:

Weren't you going to quit playing?

As I stated, I will still be playing apocalypse and Heralds of Ruin, atleast until they sort-of fix summoning.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Ojetor posted:

The BRB states that "If none of your units were the target of the enemy's psychic power you can still attempt to Deny the Witch. To do so, follow the same process, but apply no modifiers to your dice rolls."

Oh, fair enough.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

So does this edition turn into "You have to have psykers in your army or you are going to get murdered in the psychic phase if you dont"

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Sup with Barrage weapons nows?

Also, the ork things looks loving orky as gently caress. Goddamnit GW. Stop tempting me! I said I quit!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

ETC players are jerks. Stacking our terrain up like they just dont give a gently caress about it. gently caress.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Von Humboldt posted:

ETC players? What's all this then? I am guessing some dudes are just wrecking your club's terrain because they are dumbasses?

We had the danish national team over at our club for practice, and they basically just stacked and threw our terrain on the shelves after they were done with it.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

PierreTheMime posted:

Hell yeah! While they're no longer officially "the best" Space Marine army, Salamanders are awesome and have so much more character than other chapters. I need to go find my Drop Pod and get it fixed up since they score now.

Im sorry. But space wolf supremacy :colbert:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

You should use wolf scouts instead :v:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

It turns out that my local warhammer club has enough terrain to fill up 20 entire tables with a ton of terrain, and still have stuff leftover :v:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Since when did GW start producing actual painting tutorials on youtube that doesnt require a 9.99$ purchase or 31 different paints? I really like Duncan Rhodes :3:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

What is the worst unit in the IG codex? I am going to be participating in an extremely low power campaign, and my current model selection doesn't really allow that.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Well, yeah rough riders. But gently caress me if I am gonna have my guards ride horses. :negative:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Cooked Auto posted:

No they're still called Rough Riders amazingly enough.

Rico's Rough Riders!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Hnnggg... All thats missing is the drybrushing of the bases with sunburst yellow.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

I just had a peep through the bitbox, and i made a 500 point DE list with the stuff in there. It's Gary Mauley in all his glory :allears:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

:wtc:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

PierreTheMime posted:

As much as I love Mindshackle Scarabs, I look forward to the wailing and gnashing of teeth when it is eventually nerfed (it will be). All Necron players tack on the 15pt upgrade and call it a day. It's fantastic how long the Necron codex has translated between editions, but I can't imagine it sticking around in the next book (or at least not being 25-30pts).

Never underestimate GW

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

I have come up with the greatest idea for a 2000 point unbound army. The Imperial School of Artillery! 80 Masters of Ordnance, dropping the equivalent of a tactical nuke every turn.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

It's so :sparkles: fabulicious! :sparkles: :gay:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

By that logic of course Guard would be the first 7th ed codex, which... would actually fit well, considering the specific inclusion of Tank Commanders as characters and the whole "Take Aim!" and Precision Shot rule shenanigans.

And Daemons being the first 5th ed. Codex. It all makes sense now :stare:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Teach me your great white secrets oh master.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Killgore Trout posted:

1) In an unbound army, is it possible to take heavy weapons teams without platoons?

No-one knows. Personally I prefer the 80man masters of ordnances for 2000pts.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Is it possible to magnetize the deathstrike missile launcher so you can also build it as a manticore?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Nixnihil posted:

EDIT: Also gotta throw in there -- Jesus gently caress, eighth edition ALREADY? How about make a good loving game and just leave it alone for at least five years? Goddamn.

What? Did I miss something?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Post 9-11 User posted:

I could watch that grunting video all day, I'm surprised its only fifteen minutes. I think the "every incomprehensible Arnold Schwarzenegger scream ever" is twice that long.

Hey guys, since Games Workshop decided once again that we can't have nice thing and shut down Battle Wagon bits, what's a trustworthy place to get bits at a fair price?

I checked the OP, don't see any mention of bits vendors. My brother got four boxes of Shock Troops, I want to give them proper weapons and maybe Cadian arms.

Where do you live? I have a loving shitton of cadian bits you can have if its feasible to send.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Miles O'Brian posted:

If they do a good job with Dark Eldar I might be dragged back in...

:negative:

If Orks are any indication, they wont.

• Locked thread