Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Hollismason posted:

It's on Dakka right now, it's way to long to post here.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/597338.page#6875965

I'm still working on it as it takes a lot of time to go through everything. I've still got 3 or 4 more parts to write.

Basically Crimson Slaughter Chaos Sorcerer, with Spell Familiar and Prophet of the Voices is like seriously the best Malefic caster in the game.

Tactical genius apotted:
code:
Puscifer wrote:
I've just realised something. 

Playing this as generic Daemon Factory where you just spam units left right and centre is all well and good, but how about using it like a toolbox? 

Oh, I need an objective holder... Spawn PBs. I need to take out a unit of Crisis Suits... Spawn Bloodletters. 

Could work?
/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
And different Demons have different capabilities, too. Use right right demon for the right enemy, that's using your head(s)!

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Monoliths posted:

This kind of poo poo is RUINING the tournament scene. A recent mathhammer rear end in a top hat I played fired a krak missile at my chimera, so YOU BET I cussed him in front of his 4-year-old. Kid's gonna grow up just like his cheating neckbeard dad unless champs like me have a say.

Unbelievable! As something of a military historian, (the veteran of many viewings of Saving Private Ryan and have an advertisement for the book Killing Lincoln sitting on my toilet tank) I know that approximately four rounds of shooting must be spent shooting Frag Missiles at the side of the Chimera (named after the Chinese Zodiac) in order to create dramatic tension for my youtube battle report (I aim to please my devoted following within the lore fandom).

OB_Juan posted:

But are they still the coolest space bros?

They are blacker than hell, that should answer your question. :whatup:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Boon posted:

I think they played Flames of War and thought that qualified them to know what the gently caress they're talking about.

Uh, yeah, boy. Let me tell you, when you have served with a band of brothers and fought for your miniature country you can talk like I have. I earned it.

To Are Troops who have fallen from the table of battle. To those lost down an air vent. To those missing banner poles. The ones still carrying scars to this day, scars from being chewed on by pets. Gone too soon, not forgotten. :zpatriot:

Hixson posted:

Also, Eldrad just manned the gently caress up and put that dude in the dirt. Then he died to a sanctioned psyker in cc next turn :saddowns:

Oh my gently caress. *Eldrad takes the psyker's chain sword into his armpit, falls over. "I am vanquished!" Gets x-eyes.

Undies for a second: "My greatest pupil!"

*Staggers over again, back of his hand to his forehead.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Naramyth posted:

Frontlinegaming.org

Torrent of fire

An Imperial KKKnight Of The Whitesonly House. :godwinning:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Clueless? Nice hate speech, cishet scum. He actually calls a set of models, "So handsome!" He's adorable.

*Sees army of dickbikes. "I'm going to say a big yes to that!" :gay:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

ghetto wormhole posted:

Best purchase I've ever made.

Thank you, thank you for your service. :911:

Sweetie, it's modeled to look like The Red Baron.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jun 2, 2014

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

BobFromMarketing posted:

Thank you very much.

So it is effectively always the same strength as whatever it is hitting.

That was quite literally how the sniper rule was worded in 3rd/4th edition. Made a mess of certain things, it used to be that Grotesques (now Wracks) could only be wounded by Str5 or greater, if I recall correctly. Sniper was "supposed" to wound them like normal but since it's Str=T wasn't high enough... I think it's been a fixed roll with no Str=T verbiage to muddy the waters.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Guys, guys, enough about this game we all hate. He finished it, he actually finished it:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Lungboy posted:

Rules for the FW Cerastus Knight Lancer are up.

Randomized things are good sometimes. If an infantry blob chooses to Run and it only moves 1", no big deal. But a 400 point model choosing Flank Speed that rolls triple 1's for a total of 3" movement?

"The shock lance ... is a magneto-hydraulic power spear of prodigious size ..." Oh... oh ho ho oo... oh my! :sweatdrop: :kimchi:

I see it can gently caress up things in close combat, but not phenomenally well, and has almost no shooting ability. Might help if the shield is a CCW, which is probably isn't.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

That Ork Bike is so boss. Can't imagine it being very comfortable or easy to ride though but I don't think that was the goal of the design.

Uncomfortable? It's a fairly standard-- if Spartan, it's not a cruiser-- cycle with some details added on, the Ork bits are removable. My concern is that pointy bit on the front fender bending during a bump and exploding the front tire, bad news bears that.

Hello people who asked for the link:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-8689-34157_Ork%20Warbike.html

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I have yet to hear any drama at all about ChaosMailOrder or TheWarStore, why don't you people save the trouble and go there?

http://www.thewarstore.com/

http://www.chaosmailorder.com/games-workshop

I didn't see a GW link on the Warstore page, maybe they finally dropped them because GW are such miserable cunts. Many, many stores got burned when GW said that online retailers were no longer allowed to use GW imagery or even mention GW product in their online stores.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Slimnoid posted:

http://www.thewarstore.com/TheGWInternetOrdersPolicy.html

You gotta call them over the phone in order to place an order.

Over the phone is easy, you talk to Neal himself, nice guy. I just remember there being a little blurb on the web page, something about, "We can't do online GW sales anymore, call us!"

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Did they actually fix Sanctioned Psykers/Weirdvaynes so that the unit doesn't explode when one of them hear's a voice?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

PierreTheMime posted:

Ugh, keep forgetting about the vehicle exclusion. :/

But but but they all have Crew: Space Marine. What, they removed the "Crew" section one or two editions ago to prevent confusion about spess marine drivers and guardsmen drivers jumping out of their destroyed vehicles? :reject:

It was hilarious when Imperial Guard could take an Escape Hatch. That 150+ point Leman Russ you just destroyed is actually only worth half Victory Points (or none?) if the screaming, on-fire Tank Driver model was still running around on his 25mm base.

Tadhg posted:

I've never understood this. I mean, yeah, there are some notoriously lovely and/or goofy metal sculpts out there that should only see the light of day in a "remember these pieces of poo poo?" post every so often. But there are a ton of great all-metal lines, such as the Vostroyans or the (mostly metal) Woods Elves, that I absolutely love. A nice metal model feels solid when painting and playing, and live a hell of a lot longer.

The new plastic kits are amazing in terms of detail and ease of assembly, yes. But I also always feel like they're lacking something. I always seek out a metal version of a model whenever possible.

Metal minis have a bad name mainly because the blisters end up being something like $18 for two models. That hurts. They're also far more difficult to convert and pose.

What are plastic minis missing? A nickel superglued into the base, that's what. It definitely helps them feel more substantial on the table rather than just a flim flam throwaway unit.

Sorry, $20 for three models: http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Battle-Sisters;jsessionid=7D327D06D924673EC9F2FBF87FA9A336

So.... $60+ for one squad. Ouch. It is only within the past year or two that the plastic kits have been butchered into squads of 5 that cost more overall.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jun 4, 2014

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

I like that the plastic minis seem paradoxically more durable. I'm less likely to see paint chip off them at the edges and when I drop them from really short heights, I can expect they won't completely shatter. Also, hauling around a bunch of plastic minis is way easier because of the lower weight. Let me tell you about having a metal Space Marine Dreadnought.

I do use nickels for the bases sometimes though, particularly if the plastic model is in an unstable or lop-sided pose.

Yeah, I meant to say that plastic minis almost never chip, that is a big plus. Even more fun is just throwing plastic Guardians in the casualty bin Mini Wargaming Style.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Chance II posted:

I miss the ease of conversion but I really love not having to glue arms onto sixty dudes for my Steel legion guys. Plastic is great for kill team where I want each model to be super unique but when it comes to massed infantry, there is a sweet spot around 3rd edition were GW put out some nicely detailed metals.

If I ever started an IG army it would be Steel Legion or Tallarn. I have a small mess of Tallarn but only enough for a By The Authority Of The Emperor set of Inquisition allies under the old rules. Both sets are seriously great and I would never, ever clip, shave flash from, dryfit, assemble, and paint 100 plastic minis. gently caress that forever.

The Cadian models are always cool, too. All of the metal IG models are great because they are noticeably smaller than Space Marines, unlike the plastic Cadians.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

SRM posted:

Battle Masters rules. I've had designs to paint the set at my parents' place for years, but I'll probably never ever get to it.

There's even articles about how many Warhams models could easily be substituted for the originals.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

ghetto wormhole posted:

Are heavy chainswords even in any of the codexes?

Chaos armory has the Khornate Chainaxe. :dota101:

Hurry up and purchase :smugkhorne:, hamfailures.

Buy my army so I can purchase , froggortz.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Remember how I said my brother trolls eBay? He found this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40k-Warlord-Class-Titan-ONE-OF-A-KIND-/201102507092?hash=item2ed2a4bc54

Dammit, seeing the photos full size reveals how he used low quality foam yet didn't bother to mud/spackle/texturespray over it.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

CyberLord XP posted:

My daughter stole some of my books to make drawing the other day. In other news Space Marines have tiny heads.

Tiny heads? Her sense of scale is slightly better than Citadel's. Giant body, only slightly enlarged head, both covered in black carapace, cabling, electronics, and thick armor.

Space Marine models would look amazing and cinematic intimidating if they didn't have twig arms and twig legs.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Direwolf posted:

I googled "chaos marines on horseback".

First result.

http://www.solegends.com/citcat911/c2111chaosrenhorse-02.htm

As mullah of every thread I declare a fatwa against referring to something terrific without also posting an image link to a 3rd party host. You did post a link to the models so Zardoz is with you, though.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

PierreTheMime posted:

Sadly, the STC for horses was forever lost long ago. :horse:

:phoneb: Hello? Yes, I'd like to report heresy. Tallarn Rough Riders.

:phone: Demon of Chaos, Exterminatus is on the way. May the Emperor have mercy on your mortal (temporary) soul.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Beerdeer posted:

Tallarn Rough Riders don't use horses anymore:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Guard/Tallarn_Desert_Raiders/TALLARN-MUKAALI-ROUGH-RIDER-1.html

There used to be this crappy little store outside Detroit in Harper Woods that had TONS of the old RT stuff. And those mounted Chaos Marines came in big packs of like 10 in hard plastic.

I was going to cash in like a greedy bastard on the Thunderwolf Cavalry craze by converting some Burger King meal toys from The Last Air Bender into rad lizard cavalary. I felt too lovely about it but still have the models. The Mumaks are colossally too large for their rules, but the rules themselves are not shabby. With a model that has a lower profile I would use them for sure (and may convert some if I get the chance).

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Cooked Auto posted:

I kinda wish this wasn't an Inquisitor scale model because it's probably one of the best female figures I've seen from GW and I'd love to use in my IG army as commander because it's pretty much all I really want.
Granted I'm sure some of the detailing would be lost if shrunken down a bit but it's still such a nice model that doesn't make me cringe whenever I see it compared to female ones.

Oh, I see, you're one of those radical feminists. :fella:

Arg

NO.

OFFICIAL GW MODEL. :cripes: I was commissioned to paint this model TWICE, (the owner had a ton of amazing old back stock in the store, got a Rogue Trader era Dire Avenger Exarch, among my favorites) one player was horrified about the boobs so I made sure to emphasize them as much as I could. On the other I painted all that area black to make it less embarrassing.

This has promise except for the stupid loving swooping neckline on her ... paper thin tank top.

This guy photo manipulated how it can be painted over instead of, uh, painting it though. Easy to do!

GIS for "female commissar"

Cooked Auto posted:

That goddamn exposed midriff. :sigh: And I really don't trust my skills in greenstuffing to make it look good. Shame really because it does look like a fitting one even without any visible weapons.

I agree, the tight cleavage top is bad, too. However, you do have the skill to greenstuff over it, just smooth a dab over the naval/belly button, paint that area clothing color. It would be difficult to tell on the tabletop.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 6, 2014

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Cooked Auto posted:

But yeah, the majority of the female commissar models are just cringeworthy. The art of the only female Commissar in one of the OW books is almost as bad with the noticeable cleavage.

That GIS search did lead me to these though
http://studiomcvey.highwire.com/product/swm1001-captain-kara-black

Oh yeah, Kara Black is a terrific model! Boldly posed, no cheesecake, just a badass female commander. That model is from Mantic Games, would be very easy to swap her Warpath gun for a 40k weapon and call it good.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I'm pretty sure Victoria Lamb at least has some female heads. At this scale the bodily differences between a man or woman in flak armor is negligible.

Brother Vinni's you say?

God dammit, nice to know he's still a magnificently talented person ... who spends his time on fetish models. Definitely go with the Mantic model instead, or the really cool resin one I posted that can have the swoopneck stupidity painted over.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Lord Twisted posted:

Employee : 'next time, fully GW or not at all buddy. Can't be allowed to use that. '

Stab him to death and send his fingernails to Games Workshop. Commit murder.

Seriouspost:

This model isn't canon because I can't see her breasts, this offends my ideology. :biotruths:

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 6, 2014

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

Almost finished painting my new Land Raider Crusader (just a couple minor bits that need to be touched up, but otherwise it's done). I hate the poo poo out of the metal bits on this model.

SRM FAN SERVICE

SRM FAN SERVICE

:vomarine: :orks:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Accuracy of scale: 10/10

Quality of sculpting: 6/10

(Artist decided to make the bolter gigantic, though, which is dumb and unfortunate, 9/10 on accuracy of scale?)

(Even has an ejector slot, wry?)
:goonsay:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Hey, I'm going to be a ghost soon. I am unable to find a buyer for anything, does anyone want to pick it up? Girlfriend will probably dump it all in the trash.

raverrn posted:

Or it's there to eject dud rounds.

This is the goddamn smartest thing I have read regarding boltguns.

Too bad the Imperium does not make duds, your execution for heresy is scheduled for: immediately, pending paperwork from the Administratum office.

(One of my favorite fluff pieces was of the Space Marine thinking to himself how the new armor plates do not perform as well as the old ones, silently scolding himself for such heretical thoughts).

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jun 8, 2014

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Tons of decent models, no one to play with and I can't push any of the extras unless I sell them for pennies on the dollar. There's a Forgeworld Eldar fighter that I painted Ulthwe which is pretty cool and will sell easily, I didn't put it up for sale because I wanted to use it and it was a gift from my brother (one of his many eBay purchases, I had to strip the paint, thick goopy purple paint).

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

PyroDwarf posted:

Got any space wolves or necrons?

Nay. Eldar, Space Marines, (including bucket o' Terminators) Imperial Guard stuff, Chaos Marines, Daemons, Dark Eldar, Dark Vengeance set, uh ... more than I forget.

You know what owns? Tallarns.

What owns EVERYTHING? Tallarn Rough Riders. It was the best of stores, it was the worst of stores, Harbourfront Hobbies And Crafts in Grand Haven, MI. Maybe the owner got fatter and died, can't seem to find it online. Remember how I said they had all kinds of old bits?

Some WHFB dude for the Sergeant. Lances were spare bits someone else was nice enough to give me, yes those are Krak Grenades strapped to the tips.

Sarge has a meltabomb on his back. :neckbeard:

Have the turtle totems, too. Turtles all the way down, mang.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I'm not packing anything for shipping, you'll have to pick it up on Staten Island, ya vultures.

Pick deese bones. If I'm not around my account stays logged in and I told Hannah to communicate to you from the goon afterlife.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Do you have any unpainted space marine/chaos stuff? If so, IM me and I'll buy that off you. Also we should finally get together and game. I'll even make the trip to Staten Island :)

Oh yeah! If I weren't constantly harassed by crooked cops and getting death threats from trash neighbors I might actually function well enough to go to the hobby shop, I forgot all about it.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

CyberLord XP posted:

Um I don't need your haunted mans but goddamn I hope you don't actually die anytime soon, Christ.

I can see it on eBay: RARE OOP PAINTER'S MINIS (CURSED, L@@K!)

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Von Humboldt posted:

The kit is shaping up to be waaaay too expensive for its cost/points, but thankfully, you can make these things out of a small toy car, some plasticard, as much plastic tubing as you want, and as many guns you can find laying around. God bless looting and conversions.
Traktor Beams are going to be a riot against aircraft and FMCs. A 33% chance on a glancing hit to rip a Stormraven right out of the sky? Okay, cool. Making all FMCs but the very luckiest hit the dirt directly in front of a mob of Boyz/Nobz/Whatever? Hilarious. Doesn't matter if your fancy Daemon Prince or Hive Tyrant has all the kit in the world, buckets of S4 attacks will just bury him.

Saying, "he punched him to death" has fallen out of favor, but Orks are great because they do exactly this. Sometimes with guns. Or other Orks.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Cataphract posted:

My nurgle daemon prince has been on the bench since the 6th ed codex dropped. I'm keen to put him back on the table. What's a good load out? Every time I've gone to build one they've wound up seeming too expensive.

Get me in the game coach!

Not only did you replace the lovely Twoface head with an amazing fly head, drat does this mini look creepy with human fleshtones.

(Right: Twoface who is a cool guy. Left: saggy fat face.)

Man, Nurgle Daemon Prince, you are such a cool guy. You surely know how to smash things while looking good.

You and your ...

lovingly sculpted butt.

:yosbutt:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

ghetto wormhole posted:

Post 9-11 User tell us why you're going to die

Spent a couple days repeatedly vomiting after my fiance's latest screaming meltdown in a two month long series of meltdowns she had. Right after our anniversary, before her birthday she said she cheated on me, so I was going to put my brain on the outside of my dome. Between that and the lovely police not lifting a finger against: 1) people trying to extort hundreds of dollars from my elderly father, 2) someone destroyed my cargo trailer which was my one ticket out of here, 3) my neighbor issuing death threats, 4) same neighbor attacking Hannah when I wasn't around to break his bones. Police said it's "harassment" and to call them if he hurts or kills anyone (doesn't matter that I have him on video saying he is going to put my family six feet under, et cetera).

I had had my fill, was actually just waiting for the neighbors to do something other than be fat screaming mutants and maybe leave the building for once. I didn't want my body to be immediately disturbed by greasy pigs investigating it. Was going to manually trigger a 9mm round into my skull, was moderately concerned that something would go wrong and it would take many hours to perish.

It's been a lousy Spring. Turns out she didn't cheat, I'm out of here anyway. Going to do some fishing and hang out with real friends at a music festival. Sorry for being a fat gay babby. :shrug:

I was dead set on offing myself but was nagged by the thought, "I want to paint my dumb space horse cavalry." Life cannot get any more stupid than this. I was excited about painting again, finally made enough space in the apartment for my painting station, instead have to pack up my poo poo and escape.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Everyone dies, friends. I think it is more sad that Dr. Kevorkian was put in a dungeon for helping people in real serious crippling pain die peacefully and painlessly as opposed to me being a fat babby and fumbling around with spare ammunition. Suffering is ugly, death is beautiful. Can someone please make a DEATH IS CERTAIN emot? Better yet, please make an emot for The Fountain. It'll be like :vince: but 100% more Tree Of Life.

If you make it, I will purchase it.

Thank you for the concern, I have been in therapy and talked to the doc the other day. When she dropped out of therapy my anxiety level spiked, that she get help for her laundry list of abusive behaviors was my red line for staying in the relationship and she bailed. I haven't been going outside much lately, was shocked to find that I don't have to wait at home knowing any minute she'll burst in the door yelling at me or call at 3:00am saying she's lost in Harlem.

There are nice people I can talk to outside, fresh air, no screaming, no blame! Good pizza.

Babe Magnet posted:

60 pizzas incoming

Yeah just send them to me, this island has great pizza. Tell the delivery person to expect nothing but a gaping maw at the door. I'll leave the door unlocked, just toss all 60 pizzas in there.

Did Rough Riders get a strange new name like Wyrdvayns? Eponia Crew??? Anyway, the metal lances are ugly as poo poo so I replaced them with plastic Bretonnian lances strapped with krak grenades:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Cooked Auto posted:

No they're still called Rough Riders amazingly enough.

DMX is pissed. GW isn't concerned because he's probably in jail. Again (on really stupid poo poo like suspended license).

TheChirurgeon posted:

Hey 9-11, you around for a game of 40k this weekend? Does Saturday work for you? I should have more than enough points of White Panthers painted by then to take on any army you want to field :).

I'm down, but this week is complicated. I need to hit my trailer with a wrench enough times to make it square again (it's bent in half) then re-assemble the cargo cover. Know anyone that has an automotive frame puller? If I had my acetylene welding kit I could heat the metal and ease it back into shape, even re-temper it. Alas. Also, I don't have the latest Daemons Codex or the new rulebook, uh ... I made an all-Nurgle army explicitly for the purpose of not taking 45 goddamn minutes on each turn, obsessively considering each and every option (I'm a super nice player but make turns at a glacial speed).

Thank you, 6th and 7th edition for allowing pre-measuring thereby taking some of the guesswork out of the game, helps me make turns much faster. :f5:

• Locked thread