Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

muggins posted:

I'm worried about devourers. It says it's 7 points. How good can it actually be?

They noticed the internal balance problem where TL Brainleech worm Devourers were way better than their other biocannon counterparts and brought them in line with the other weapons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

DO IT TO IT posted:

So comparing 2 Scything Talons pairs against Crushing Claws + Scything Talons comes down to do I want Str6 and re-roll 1s to hit, or do I want Str12. With so much T7 and T8 showing up now, I wonder how useful Str6 would even be.

Do you want to wound huge things on 5+ rerolling 1s to hit or 3+ dealing multiple damage? To me the choice is clear (and I have 4 Claw fexes already :getin:)

One of my buddies has a Tyranid army and is big on customization, so when he saw the two(2) biomorph options his sole reply was "what the gently caress".

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Pendent posted:

I hadn't noticed this before but apparently the Primaris Marines can't use any existing transports. That really is putting a crimp on my plan of using them as a troops choice until they get their own big transports released.

Don't worry I'm sure GW has got you covered with the next three five ten releases being Bigmarines instead of whatever actually needs a model update :v:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

I'll tell you the secret of GW: Don't give them money

Sounds reasonable to me! Is it okay to give second hand dealers money?

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Safety Factor posted:

[...]I put together a simple spreadsheet so I could have a better idea of the actual costs of the models. There is some ridiculous bullshit here. Like having to tally up a Hive Crone's five pieces of wargear when 3/5 are unique to itself. Or a Haruspex who has three unique items, but only one, its tongue, actually costs points. The rest are baked in and cost 0. It's a completely inconsistent system and it's infuriating.

GW.txt

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

TKIY posted:

Seriously, in this edition Nids are seemingly both good and cool, and are rumoured to get one of the first new full codexes.

This is news to me, source for this?

Looking forward to the horrible new background material and new monstrous creatures instead of plastic models for things that really need it.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
Played a test game of 8th today - just the fact that there seems to be streamlining and something resembling basic unit synergy(wtf is going on) in the army books was enough to make me and my buddy immediately play a second larger game directly afterwards:

Psychic powers and Imperial Guard orders... worthwhile?
Tyranid units such as Hormagaunts, Carnifexes and Warriors.... decent???
Rough Riders and Bullgryns... not poo poo?!????

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

Thundercloud posted:

Answer is yes. Who wants to do the OP?

I will if no one else steps forward.

Moola should do it

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
I played another test round of 8th today against AdMech this time, I think I can say that unless my understanding of how piling in works is dead wrong, Hormagaunts are terrific now because of how easy it is to tie up unengaged units in the fight phase with some creative charge moves. Overall, I'm not disgusted by any of the rules, which is more than I can say about the two latest army books. (there needs to be a :GW: emote)

TheChirurgeon posted:

Actually this is a neat idea--we should have posters in this thread submit photos of their armies to use as the photos for army breakdowns, if srm is OK with that

It's an excuse to post my bugs again! :)

Now with dramatic lighting:

I can try to post an army picture of my Harlequins too before the weekend.

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 8, 2017

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm surprised there were this many nid players in this thread to begin with.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm late for Dimachaeron chat but w/e here's more pictures because they're rad and I hope they get nice rules just like the Haruspex seemingly did:

TheChirurgeon posted:

I hate the model, but this is a good paint job!

I thought the same thing at first, but having seen one up close I really, really prefer their lithe/athletic build over the bulkier Exocrine and Toxicrene chassis. Same with the Tyrannofex.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
Part of me is glad that when all is said and done, we still have GW being terrible at writing rules in a familiar fashion.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
420 hide Malanthropes behind Carnifexes erryday

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

TKIY posted:

You misspelled Barbed Hierodule!

You misspelled Dimachaeron!

... actually I spelled Hierophant wrong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

TheChirurgeon posted:

:siren:MANS PHOTOS REQUEST:siren:
Any submissions due before Saturday.

Do you still need Harlequins? I've been busy with work until today, and I could drag them out onto a battle mat for a photo shoot but it's wasted effort if you already have a good army picture of space ICP.

• Locked thread