Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
panascope
Mar 26, 2005

So Noctis Horrendae is forbidden from posting here right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Who's got a ballin Titan paint scheme? I'm gonna start painting one here in a week or two and I need something rad. I've never done yellow or orange before so those would be welcome.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

PierreTheMime posted:

So Vector Strike is better now. You lose one hit (it's d3 instead of d3+1) but it's now AP2 instead of AP3. Terminators and Riptides beware!

It's only d3 against other flyers or FMCs who are flying.

Edit: is there a table in the book showing what armies can generate what psychic powers?

panascope fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 24, 2014

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Psykers:

Do Chaos Psykers 'marked-X' or 'Daemon of-X' get X's Primarus for free? (Never saw actual proof of these)

Yes, it's called Chaos Psychic Focus.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I'm really hoping Hixson and koreban can make it over to my place today, I really wanna try the new stuff out.

Also my warhound titan :vd:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Slimnoid posted:

Librarian can toss out Divination as needed so some of the TFC's become more accurate, or Misfortune to deal with tough armor/high saves. Plus, with 12 techmarines on the board, there's no need for more fortifying.

Can generic Librarians roll on Divination?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

xtothez posted:

Nope, that's only ticked because Tigurius can take Divination. Other librarians have to roll on the other four instead.

The weird part about this chart is that Inquisition is given access to all of the disciplines, but the Inquisition book only allows Inquisitors to roll on Divination, Pyromancy, or Telekinesis. The Psyker henchmen don't have the option to roll on any of the tables.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Heldrakes are pretty junk now. One attack on Vector Strike just isn't enough to be reliable damage against vehicles and the Baleflamer alone doesn't really justify 170 points.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Checking out the Mechanicum list, I'm pretty positive I'm going to switch from a Legion army to a Mechanicum army. The models are baller as gently caress and Castellax are Monstrous Creatures that are troops choices!

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hixson posted:

In case this was ever in question: playing against a Warhound in a sub 2000pt game is no fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peXSp6Jxt0Y

This is basically how this game went. Get good kid.

panascope fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jun 2, 2014

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I want to try a guard blob with Tigurius so he can cast Invisibility on them. Something about making 50+ guys only getting hit on 6s seems pretty good. Has anybody else done this yet?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Try to give them Forewarning as well.

Oh of course. And give them an Inquisitor with a Psyocculum so they're BS10 against other units with Psykers.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

RCross posting my 3rd tourney list I actually did good with. Andy Chambers signed it too. Woo woo.

"Never give up, self-reliant."

Hollismason posted:

Yes. Be sure to include a priest to make them fearless or were you already going to do that?

Yep, 25 points to make a whole unit fearless is pretty crucial.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

If you're hankering for a big 2++ save, having them led by Draigo rolling on Sanctic would be pretty brutal.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hollismason posted:

In Addition to means in addition. I don't know how that could be clearer?

Ok but the rule in the book says the following:

quote:

In some Army List Entries, a Psyker will have one or more specific psychic powers listed - where this is the case, it will clearly be stated. These Psykers always start the game with those psychic powers. Otherwise, a Psyker generates random psychic powers from amongst the psychic disciplines known to him.

The Wraithfighter knows a specific power, and so can't generate a random power from the table.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

How did you like Typhus? I think he's cool as hell but being relegated to the Nurgle tree is/was miserable.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

On the Games Workshop page they have a bunch of bundles for buying Unbound armies straight up. Some of the sets look kinda cool, but the Necron one is the most :effort: poo poo ever. Nine wraiths, two spyders and a stalker. Wow don't get too crazy there GW!

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

There's nothing quite like watching Asdrubael Vect punch himself to death while your Necron Overlord bops him with a stick.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

What are the god-tier 30k armies? I want to make sure nobody has any fun but me when we play.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Some of the Imperial Guard relics are really cool but goddamn sticking them in a company command squad just seems like painting an even bigger bulls-eye on them. Space Marines and Chaos have the most useful ones so far I think, just because their HQ options are so much more survivable.

panascope fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 22, 2014

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I'm trying this list the next time I play Hixson:

code:
1850 Imperial Guard + Space Marines

-No FOC Slot-
Priest
3 Primaris Psykers

-HQ-
Tank Commander: Punisher, +Pask, +Lascannon, +Multi-Melta Sponsons, +Camo-Netting
Squadron Tank: Vanquisher, +Lascannon, +Camo-Netting

-Troops-
Infantry Platoon: 5 Platoons, 5 Lascannons
Platoon Command Squad: +Chimera, 4 Flamers

Veteran Squad: 3 Plasma Guns, Chimera

-Fast Attack-
Vendetta

Allied Detachment

-HQ-
Chief Librarian Tigurius

-Troops-
Tactical Squad: 4 Marines, Sergeant, Flamer, Drop Pod

-Heavy Support-
Thunderfire Cannon

Inquisitorial Detachment

-HQ-
Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor: +Psyker, +Psyocculum

The real goal is to drop Invisibility on the guard squad, while hopefully rolling Shrouding for the Tank Commander to sit behind them for that 2+ cover save. If the Primaris Psykers can manage to get Perfect Timing as well that would be pretty fantastic. The Thunderfire Cannon is there because it owns, and a Psyocculum is there as insurance against Hixson's Eldar. It seems pretty funny if I can manage to make it work.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hixson posted:

I'd take the thousand sons and Ahriman

This after you asked me to talk you out of them? For shame.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I thought Destroyer weapons ignored cover saves and did tons of damage to vehicles? I still don't have a 7th edition rulebook so I am behind the times.

Destroyer weapons only ignore saves and obliterate everything if you roll a 6 on the damage chart, 2-5 is D3 wounds/hull points with invulnerables and cover saves allowed, and 1 is a goose egg.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

I have learned to love the airbrush. Especially if you have a simple scheme, you can get really striking results for very little painting time, even on small mans. Zenthial Priming is just cheating.

... but I end up taking forever because I have multiple colors with multiple stages- so I end up masking off lots of tiny bits which takes many hours when you are doing 15+ models

The next time you're up here I'd like you to help me airbrush my titan.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The Horus Heresy board game is alright. Funnily enough, leaving Horus on the flagship is probably the best way to lose the game, because the Imperial player can teleport up the emperor and a few Primarchs and just overwhelm the extra light defenses.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Objectives being placed before choosing table sides is the A+ #1 change of this edition. It basically kills gunlines in all but one mission.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

"An open wallet is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded." - Dawn of War: Wallet Assault

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

Power Fists costs the same as Melta Bombs + Lightning Claw. I think that, between the sword and lightning claw, they perform about the same (you get 3 attacks with the power sword and only 2 with the lightning claw).

I don't know the legion rules but does it have to be a power sword? Power axes are AP2 and give you an extra attack. I think that would be the best option.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

Sometimes, things just don’t work out.

The mock-up just looks like a big Genestealer in terms of pose. Which might be cool but it looks like they realized the model would topple if they tried for it so they turned it into that piece of poo poo in the second picture.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hollismason posted:

For the fellow Chaos Space Marine Players, someone came up with this and I played it a few times , changed it a bit but it's actually really good and expensive. Chaos Space Marines don't get a lot of love but kind of got a mini death star.

It's

Ahriman
Chaos Sorcerer w/ Term Armour, Spell Familiar , Choosing Sanctic to fish for GOI
3 Obliterators

If you allied you could take another CSM sorcerer

Anyway

It has a 3++ if you get Sanctic and it has Gate of Infinity, plus Ahriman can choose Telepathy and fire off 3 Psychic Shrieks. Ahriman Also get's the Free Tzeentch thing but has to roll but he may get Bolt of Change or whatever and there's a chance he'll get Invisibility which makes it even harder to kill. Plus he has a ST8 Force Weapon if you cast Hammerhand.

I made it with Typhus and it was fun.

I liked it a lot and CSM doesn't get a "death" star unit really.

This looks really fun, I might try this today if we don't end up playing Deathwatch. Plus it makes Ahriman actually, you know, useful.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I played Space Marines for the first time in a few months today and almost laughed at how many wounds Thunderfire Cannons put out. Makes me want to get a couple Wyverns for my guard force.

Von Humboldt posted:

Round 3 Results of BAO - Top 12 (all of which are W-W-W.)
Nids
Nids
SM/Knights
Crons
Taucrons
Tau/Orks
SM/IG
GK/SM
SM
Taudar
Knights
Chaos Daemons

Pretty interesting mix, though not surprised about the Necrons or Tau. There were several Eldar primary players in the top 24 or so last round, but they lost. Really want to see lists.

I'm really surprised to see GK and Orks up here. Nids being 1st and 2nd place is awesome too. Pretty surprised there's only 1 Eldar player in the top 12 though.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

koreban posted:

They're also running modified 7th edition rules with the objective cards and secondary objective scoring VPs, so while it's certainly a nice surprise to see such a diverse top 12 list, there can also be a margin for people who just played to the objectives better, or got luckier with the card draws.

Incidentally, feel free to ask panascope and hixson about conserving your strength and playing to late game objectives. :hawksin:

As long as he's DFL and not me I don't care about the outcome.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Picking up a pretty good score off Craigslist tomorrow. A couple annihilation barges, a night scythe, 4 crypteks, and 10 immortals for $100, fully assembled, painted, and based.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Sulecrist posted:

My friend's uncle works for GW and he said they're adding a Whirlwind variant called the Icewind that can shoot out clouds of exploding caltrops called Hailfang Mines. The other gun shoots a bigass wolf servitor with rocket paws that shoot off.

It's extremely shameful that not only are, "Icewind," and, "Hailfang," believable, compared to other poo poo they're not even that bad.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Not a viking posted:

Wolfcutter chariot, ho!

This is a masterpiece.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

All the chariot models are goofy as gently caress and it's awesome.

BULBASAUR posted:

This is in the top 10 dumbest loving minis I've ever seen and at least half of you assholes are going to buy it for $70

:frogout:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The only disappointing part about that model is that it's not Canis Wolfborn riding that thing.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Is it just me or are Codexes coming out faster and faster? Which honestly is a good and bad thing, but man I really hope the Codex by the end of the year is not Necrons.

This was a goal at the start of 6th if I recall correctly. I'm happy for it because it means, say, the Chaos book will get redone sooner rather than later.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Having played against Thunderfire Cannons for the first time just now, let me say: gently caress Thunderfire Cannons. Against my sweet AV13 wall of Necron vehicles he just poo poo out a few of the dangerous terrain shots and immobilized 2 of my vehicles on the first turn. Catacomb Command Barges are sick as gently caress now. Being able to direct the easy or unlikely poo poo (S6-7 weaponry) against the CCB is rad and having a Phase Shifter on the Overlord to tank the dangerous poo poo (melta weapons) is really awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Thunderfire Cannons are so much better than Whirlwinds it's not even funny. I really don't like Whirlwinds though. Honestly the worst part of your list is the Terminators. They're expensive, they don't do much, and they could be a Stormtalon or Stormraven instead.

• Locked thread