Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The good stuff in CSM: Bikes, Spawn, HQ options, and cult marines, are all still really good. The Heldrake ate a couple big nerfs but is still okay. Really the biggest buff Chaos got was the psychic table change. The tables that Sorcerers/DPs can roll on are generally better than they were before (e.g., Iron Arm giving you +3 S/T instead of +D3). Challenges are a bit less hamstringing for you now that wounds spill over. Daemon Princes are a bit trickier to use now but Be'lakor is still probably the best HQ option we get because of how powerful Telepathy is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

In conclusion, play Necrons. 1500 points can get you 6+ AV13 vehicles. :getin:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Yeah that Nova Rule for gett chaos focus and primaris focus is loving retarded. I dontdiagree but still that's crazy.

their psycic rules are kind of crazy. Someone cna take a Daemon summon a runn the tournament over. Not to mention Grey KNights ever eveyone else.

Are...are you okay?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Matt Ward left GW in May, according to the internet. It's a shame from a rules perspective.

Hopefully this means the new Necrons book ends up busted as hell.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I didn't even see all the pony poo poo on that knight at first. It's like my brain blocked it out. All I noticed initially was the goofy base and mediocre paint job.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Everything fluff related is awesome. One faction has the souls of dead twins piloting a huge gay robot and another has its largest war machines piloted by a guy in a bathtub. Hell, Logan Grimnar riding a dog sled isn't even the dumbest thing in that book. Hail Satan.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Welcome to the exciting world of warhammer 40,000. One faction is bugs that fire smaller bugs as weapons.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hi thanks for coming in to games workshop today, we've got some really cool kits out *pulls back curtain revealing space dog sled* that'll be a hundred dollars

Oh that doesn't do it for you okay what about these *gestures to 20 year old Eldar jetbike kit* games workshop has high quality kits that fit every taste!

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I'd put that on my resume and never take it off. Lead Designer- Scrunts

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Yeah, chaos rising isn't that great but Retribution is pretty funny because of the Orks.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Did anybody pay for the Tau Commander Last Stand add-on? How was he? The Hive Tyrant felt like it fell off pretty hard in the later stages but all the others seemed alright.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The new dataslates are cool to me because they remind me of my lists when I first started playing where I'd cram in an inquisitor lord and Callidus Assassin into every list. Now I can do that and it won't be so awful.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Boon posted:

So I checked Escalation, but the only Eldar model there is the Revenant. Where can I find the rules on the Lynx/Cobra/etc...

Here's the list of Forgeworld approved Lords of War. Looks like you want Imperial Armor: Apocalypse.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Was Blue Table the one that posted that YouTube video of a mediocre Khorne land raider paint job with the massive, poorly done skull pile and poo poo on top and were huge loving goons about it? Please don't let nerds be the PR for your company.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I put out a request for quote to a guy advertising on craigslist to paint a couple models for me and the samples he sent me were so bad I couldn't fathom who was actually paying him for them. The ad contained a line that went something like, "make all your friends jealous with these superbly painted models," which was just comical given the quality. I ended up telling him my wife said no, which she did once she saw his poo poo was worse than mine.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

What are you trying to get painted, homeslice? More necrons?

Also please post pictures.

I was trying to cost out Horus and my Warhound Titan. This was actually a few months ago but luckily I've still got the pictures. I really want to know who was paying for this or what blind person he was hocking these to.

This is a piece (of poo poo) he said he was working on for another person:

Prices were unvelievable: $30 to paint Horus, $75 to paint the Titan, $15 to magnetize and pin the drat thing. I have no idea where he came up with them.

panascope fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Aug 26, 2014

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Sir Teabag posted:

Any advice for dealing with invisible units? I mostly play Necrons - though I could add some psykers to my guard.

Getting tired of having to roll a million sixes to do anything to my opponents already super tough death star units.

Tesla weapons are probably the only thing you can do against invisible units. Every 6 turns into 3 hits. Other than that, uh, transcendent C'Tan maybe for the D-strength movement power?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

That one is my fav because he sent it to me a couple days after I initially contacted him like it was the one that would seal the deal.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I love how expensive some of those are. The Daemon Prince is a $50 kit and the Tau millipede is like $200 worth of kit bodies. Post those wretched dreadnought/sentinel conversions that gave it 4 legs.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Mango Polo posted:

I have no mouth and I must scream.

What happened to this one? What chemical spill made this guy look like a GI Joe that's sat for too long under a magnifying glass? Is the painter okay? It just raises so many questions.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I never want to know any of the back stories to these wonderful things, they're great mysteries.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hollismason posted:

There's no way you make something like the Navigator and then go "Oh is that overpowered?", it has to be intentional.

Are you talking about the Expeditionary Navigator? I don't think he's that bad.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Master Twig posted:

Played Naramyth last night. Pretty cool goon with a pretty cool white scar and imperial night army.

He kicked my rear end.

Sounds like you didn't cheat enough. Common mistake.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Squifferific posted:

I did a dangerous thing and I started playing around in Battlescribe with the new Grey Knights list. Then I went to see prices online. The Vanguard box is $260CAN, has $323 worth of models in it, and can be found at my friendly online retailer for $195.

Then I thought of the 40+ infantry and six tanks I still have to paint for my Guard army. ONE ARMY AT A TIME.

You can use the grey knights kit to get good at airbrushing, which will make everything go faster. You should probably buy the box and an airbrush setup too.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

What vallejo blue is good for airbrushing Ultramarines? God bless you for reading this post.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

Has there ever been an edition where the whirlwind was any good? To me its always been one of those "fun, but not really great" models in the SM books.

I don't even think it's that fun. Two weak blast markers is pretty loving boring.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Please don't make fun of my senior project.

I hope Dark Eldar are good again because Hixson has a baller Dark Eldar army that I wanna see on the table again.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I hope Necrons is absolutely off the loving hook absurd because I loved it when that army made people (Hixson) too mad to play.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

God Daemon Princes are so loving rad when they churn out warp speed and iron arm with the black mace.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hi I've heard this is where I get gay and dumb about space toys

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The Vanguard Vets box is cool as heck and comes with the all important power armor thunder hammer and storm shield for making King poo poo of Punch Mountain. I keep meaning to make a biker Librarian with one of the power axes but I haven't had time recently.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

Faith in Ghost Hand... restored:

This is a forgeworld book. Supposedly its going to include rules for '30k in 40k' IE: legion chaos vehicles like drop pods, storm eagles, earlier pattern land raiders, and the works. Also LOTD/Renegades are back. Rumors for now, but hail Satan Chaos anyway, this is awesome if true.

This looks loving awesome, and would be neat to tie together my Black Legion army and my future all-Terminator Sons of Horus army.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Nothing more fun than pricing out armies on Forgeworld. 30k is expensive y'all. :suicide:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Is the Librarian in Terminator Armor kit any good? I'm torn between that or removing the Chaos stuff from a Chaos Sorcerer in Terminator Armor.

Unless they've updated it, it's a single-pose finecast model with one option. The Terminator Chaos Lord box, meanwhile, owns.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Sharzak posted:

Would someone mind summarizing the Dark Eldar changes for me? Haven't been following any WH40K news for some time.

Everything sucks. Death is certain.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

not lame! posted:

Is the Black Legion Supplement worse than just using the standard chaos codex? It certainly seems that way.

Yup. The relics are way, way worse for basically no difference in the rest of the book. The Crimson Slaughter book is actually pretty decent if you want to use one of the supplements.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Isn't the thing left alive on Istvaan Garviel Loken?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I miss space marine drop pods and land raiders having 12 spots.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Monoliths posted:

That sounds good! Wednesdays are usually out for me, but Saturdays could be a go. I'm workin on a new modular river board, so might be able to host sometime when that's done. I'll PM y'all.

I've got a board and plenty of terrain so just :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Sternguard would be even better, probably, considering they can take combi-plasmas/combi-meltas as well as the poisoned special ammunition.

• Locked thread