Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem

rj54x posted:

That, my friend, is why they make this:

That's the only one I'll use. The regular one just tastes like chili powder with no heat at all. The extra hot version though isn't really all that hot at all but it adds just enough heat to make it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem

NIGARS posted:

Fuckin' perfect!

It is. It's drat perfect. It's got a nice medium Tabasco level of heat as opposed to the non existent heat of the original but with the same wonderful chili powder flavor.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem
I refrigerate. After time hot sauces kind of lose their vibrant color(tabasco gets all dull and muddy looking) and begin to taste mostly of the vinegar. I can only imagine refrigerating slows that process.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem
Who the gently caress uses some one else's Chapstick?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem

atomicthumbs posted:

More importantly, despite washing my hands thoroughly many times and wearing gloves for most of the pepper handling, they apparently still have habanero residue on them from last night and I want to die
That happened to me with "The Source" it's some 7 million scoville extract black tar looking stuff, and it took days for it to exit my skin. My fingertips couldn't feel it but my wang and my lips could(not necessarily in that order or close together.)

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem
Quick. As an all purpose what's better? Louisana or Crystal? I've been tasting them side by side and can't loving decide.

I mean Lousiana is straight forward vinegar and cayenne. Crystal has a little extra flavor but is that better I can't decide.

Edit: By the way I'm one of those weirdos has a 15 different hot sauces because each one belongs on a different food(probably like everyone in this read). Example: Tabasco on pizza, Valentina extra hot on taquitos, Louisiana on chicken fried steak and Mac and cheese and greens, Sriracha on samosas etc... I just want to make sure the world knows the purpose of Cholula and that is to be doused upon anything covered in chili. You haven't lived until you've had Cholula doused chili cheese fries.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Oct 31, 2014

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem

dino. posted:

My brother is growing these tiny peppers. What are they?

Yeah they're chile pequins/petins they're stupid hot and grow wild in south Texas. Pretty hardy bush, they'll freeze down and look dead and pop back up in the spring.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 9, 2014

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem

Midorka posted:

Hrm if the ID is correct then the scoville scale they rate around 100,000 scoville's which is pretty hot but not deathly. Do you find them hotter than habanero?
No but they're super compact little balls of heat, not a lot of flesh just thin membrane and a seed. There's no like more mild part of the pepper since they're so small. There's no splitting it open and scraping out the inside like you can do with most peppers.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem

CommonShore posted:

I never thought of this as a particularly noteworthy sauce, but I realized lately that I hadn't seen it in ages. Found a bottle of it last night, bought it for the curiosity of nostalgia, and it's way better than I had remembered it. Simple, salty, and clean tasting.

Louisiana is wonderful stuff. It is the "prototypical" hot sauce. Nothing fancy just simple vinegar and peppers. It's what I think of when some one says hot sauce.

You should try their habanero version.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem
This is America thank you very much. Post American you commie. :911:

Edit: Seriously who lists liquids in grams?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem

Squashy Nipples posted:

Besides, exposure to structure fires tends to dampen one's sense of smell.
That's what the hot sauce is for.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem

The Midniter posted:

I found a huge 34 oz. bottle of Valentina hot sauce at Aldi yesterday for $1.79. I tried some last night and it's...not hot at all. Very disappointing. I'll use it, but probably more for the flavor (which admittedly is not bad) during cooking than for any condiment use.

Read the thread noob.

Bum the Sad posted:

rj54x posted:

That, my friend, is why they make this:

That's the only one I'll use. The regular one just tastes like chili powder with no heat at all. The extra hot version though isn't really all that hot at all but it adds just enough heat to make it right.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 4, 2015

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem

Jmcrofts posted:

Not technically a hot sauce, but Mrs. Renfro brand salsa has some insanely hot variations, including ghost pepper and a ton of habanero salsas. They have them in the salsa section of my local supermarket.

Refenro's poo poo is loving awful. I bought a jar of their salsa once and it was loving thickened with corn starch. It was like eating tomato syrup.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem
Oklahomo

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem

PT6A posted:

I recently acquired some dried ground habanero powder. It is an excellent solution for "this thing is not quite hot enough."

They had it in the bulk bin of my local fancy grocery store. I’ve had a small jar for a year now. Love it.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem

Paper With Lines posted:

I am a big fan of the Louisiana hot sauces like Crystal and Red Devil but I had never had the actual brand name Louisiana Hot Sauce hot sauce before. It is so good! It is like the core flavors of vinegar, spice, and salt amped up to 11.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Hot_Sauce

LOL I'm shocked you've waited this long. It's great, it's just a straight up no nonsense vinegear and cayenne sauce. I can't place why but I do ever so slightly prefer it over Crystal.

It's what I think of when I think of the platonic ideal form of hot sauce. Not saying it's the best but well it's just what hot sauce is, everything else is a derivative.

Oh and it's like 99 cents a pint.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem
Refenros is loving gross if I am remembering right. I bought one of their sauces and it was like thickened with corn starch and jelly like.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 23, 2019

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem

Quiet Feet posted:

Their ghost pepper queso is awful and the only flavor it has is onion. I admit I haven't tried anything else from them but it hasn't left me eager to do so.

I mean to type one of their sauces. Must have auto corrected to salads. Anyway yeah they suck.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem

Shooting Blanks posted:

What everyone's thoughts on Secret Aardvark? My grocery store just started carrying them (or I just noticed it for the first time) and I finally finished off my current bottle of Humble House. Is Aardvark relatively flavorful, or is it just all heat and nothing else? They had a few different ones available, I want to say the habanero and a serrano sauce.

The Habanero is amazing its a Caribbean mexican fusion so its tomato and mustard. It's the best.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem

His Divine Shadow posted:

Any europeans here or american emigrants perhaps who know where to get Huy Fong products in the EU? Disappeared of all the shelves a few years ago. Read it's been banned in the EU since 2020.

I found this site which has the sriracha and they ship to finland, but I would also haved liked to have tried the garlic paste:
https://www.myamericanmarket.com/us/

The company is basically offline right now due to a chili shortage. You can't even find their products in the US. I would wait a few months before looking.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Tiger Sauce is good poured over a block of softened cream cheese for people to dip crackers, chips, and vegetables into.

drat, I always wondered what it was for after trying it. That's a perfect use.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem

Perry Mason Jar posted:

There's basically no wrong sauce to put on egg. Eggs is one of the more perfect hot sauce mediums

What about cum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem

Yeah!