Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Angry Fish posted:

Now that our forum is back, let's talk about the medical board process.

it is a relevant topic for me. :smith:

Enjoy your LLD while you're waiting for the results! Congrats on making through the PEB process without the civilian losing your package also!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

ded posted:

BRAVO ZULU SHITMATE ON YOUR SUPERIOR USE OF INTERNET TECHNOLOGIES TO FURTHER ADVANCE YOURSELF IN THE SPIRIT OF THE UNITED STATES NAVY

Good job getting rid of those pesky lower case letters for efficiency. :derp:

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Why in the gently caress does the hospital not enforce rules? I spent 2 miserable hours at the hospital for an uncomfortable and stressful procedure and while I waited the 50 minutes past my appointment time I was stuck in the waiting room with LOTS of kids. In a clinic where it says "please do not bring children" on the walls. And their fat moms were all oblivious and pregnant. drat, goons, teach your dependa some courtesy.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
Dependent health care should have a deductible. Except for sterilizations. Those should have a cash incentive.

BovineAdapter
Jan 5, 2007
Dr3 Noodle

genderstomper58 posted:

what about that stupid decision making process the navy had

gently caress what was it called

There was one they bought into before I enlisted. It was TQL or Total Quality Leadership which I believe was Total Quality Management (TQM) in the civilian world. My Command (500+ personnel) had a dedicated TQL office and a Senior Chief as Command TQL Coordinator. When I made Second Class, I had to attend their apprentice/journeyman TQL class. Shortly after that, they scrapped the whole program Navy-wide.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:

BovineAdapter posted:

There was one they bought into before I enlisted. It was TQL or Total Quality Leadership which I believe was Total Quality Management (TQM) in the civilian world. My Command (500+ personnel) had a dedicated TQL office and a Senior Chief as Command TQL Coordinator. When I made Second Class, I had to attend their apprentice/journeyman TQL class. Shortly after that, they scrapped the whole program Navy-wide.

Too many people acting with capacity, a plummeting of DUI and ARIs?? LPOs with the situation awareness to realize their orders directly conflict with command-level POTW directives BEFORE severely counseling you??

We had to scrap it, shipmate, we need to stick to Naval Tradition.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
There is the current OODA loop, which is a USMC generated cycle. There is also a staff decision process of 6 steps which is essentially the same as the targeting cycle, don't recall the name because I'm drunk. Navy tradition (and world cup soccer).

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Participating in a retirement ceremony tomorrow. Service Dress Blues at the end of June in Virginia Beach? YES PLEASE

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DustyNuts posted:

Participating in a retirement ceremony tomorrow. Service Dress Blues at the end of June in Virginia Beach? YES PLEASE

Dusted.

That was the nice thing about Hawaii. All whites all the time.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

poopkitty posted:

Why in the gently caress does the hospital not enforce rules? I spent 2 miserable hours at the hospital for an uncomfortable and stressful procedure and while I waited the 50 minutes past my appointment time I was stuck in the waiting room with LOTS of kids. In a clinic where it says "please do not bring children" on the walls. And their fat moms were all oblivious and pregnant. drat, goons, teach your dependa some courtesy.

Because when we do they complain and our supervisors get up our assholes because officers freak out about complaints.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pandasmores posted:

Because when we do they complain and our supervisors get up our assholes because officers freak out about complaints.

Some officer just got a nasty complaint on his desk. We'll see what happens.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Boon posted:

There is the current OODA loop, which is a USMC generated cycle. There is also a staff decision process of 6 steps which is essentially the same as the targeting cycle, don't recall the name because I'm drunk. Navy tradition (and world cup soccer).

OODA is very much Air Force, you know drat well the Marines would've found a backronym for OORA instead

Also Six Sigma and TQM actually kick rear end in the civvy world in the rare cases they're implemented properly, while mil implementations have essentially nothing to do with the concepts beyond the names. If somehow you can scam a SS green or black belt out of your command, though, they do look good on a resume.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

poopkitty posted:

Let's see whose complaint holds more weight

- You, a sailor whose supervisor the medical chain of command can call up and chew out, if they feel like putting forth more effort than just losing your records and appointments and loving you that way

- Seaman Shmucko's 300lb (third) wife, who has three ombudsmans and the base commander's (third) wife on speed dial

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Snowdens Secret posted:

Let's see whose complaint holds more weight

- You, a sailor whose supervisor the medical chain of command can call up and chew out, if they feel like putting forth more effort than just losing your records and appointments and loving you that way

- Seaman Shmucko's 300lb (third) wife, who has three ombudsmans and the base commander's (third) wife on speed dial

The complaint came from my direct supervisor. Who is an O-6.

E: A VERY senior O-6. He retires in September at 40 years.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

poopkitty posted:

The complaint came from my direct supervisor. Who is an O-6.

E: A VERY senior O-6. He retires in September at 40 years.

Oh who am I kidding. You're right. It's still bullshit tho.

Retirement paperwork on the printer.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
lean six/tqm are complete bullshit in any way they manifest

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

krispykremessuck posted:

lean six/tqm are complete bullshit in any way they manifest

this is the truth.
even a legit "green belt" certification is bullshit.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

poopkitty posted:

I found your complaint.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Seqenenra posted:

I found your complaint.

S'okay. I have made up for yesterday by pitting the wives against each other on Facebook.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Cerekk posted:

Dependent health care should have a deductible. Except for sterilizations. Those should have a cash incentive.

I was waiting for a prescription for strep throat the other day (loving awesome...who gets strep throat in July?) and saw the no-poo poo Navy Stereotype. Giant, like 5'11" fat-gently caress dependa with screaming brat and a scrawney, like 5'6" coke-bottle-glasses-wearing 3rd class. He was so small and she was so big you would have thought she was HIS loving mom too. Nope, he was the sponsor.

"What did you need again" he said, right before ambling back up to the prescription window. "Ahhh sayddd valeeeummm". Jesus, of course you need valium.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

They all have fibromyalgia

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Christoff posted:

They all have fibromyalgia

Is that really a "thing" that dependa like to throw out for valium prescriptions or something? Never heard of it..

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

buttplug posted:

Is that really a "thing" that dependa like to throw out for valium prescriptions or something? Never heard of it..

Its a legitimate condition, but like Celiac - every freaking dependa thinks they have it.

Yesterday's crazy discussion on the FB boards was centered around "Parents with Toddlers" parking and how one pissed woman left a nasty note on a car with no carseat and called security. These bitches will CHECK FOR A CARSEAT. I swear these women think security is there to cater to their whims. It got downright ugly when I said "Your job is not to enforce the rules, only to follow them." Shitstorm.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Not for valium, no. Well maybe but they want the good stuff. They're getting high as gently caress because wouldn't you know they're allergic to all NSAIDS and every other pain relief drug that doesn't give you a buzz.

Something about free healthcare just opens up the flood gates. Most docs would rather not argue it and just fill their prescriptions and send them on their way.

I'm not sure if I'd say its "legitimate" it's hey this person complains of pain and we did all these tests and still aren't sure what it is so here's a name for it. Maybe my idea of it is thrown off a bit because every person I've seen with it was a 300 lb middle aged dependa married to some poor e-5 with 6 kids and pages of medication allergies and medical conditions they carry around with them to present when needed

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 27, 2014

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Christoff posted:

Not for valium, no. Well maybe but they want the good stuff. They're getting high as gently caress because wouldn't you know they're allergic to all NSAIDS and every other pain relief drug that doesn't give you a buzz.

Something about free healthcare just opens up the flood gates. Most docs would rather not argue it and just fill their prescriptions and send them on their way.

I'm not sure if I'd say its "legitimate" it's hey this person complains of pain and we did all these tests and still aren't sure what it is so here's a name for it. Maybe my idea of it is thrown off a bit because every person I've seen with it was a 300 lb middle aged dependa married to some poor e-5 with 6 kids and pages of medication allergies and medical conditions they carry around with them to present when needed

Yeah, not a Corpsman so I don't have to see abuse. The only person I know with Fibro is a 32 year old medically retired Chief who would have loved to stay in but no ship would take her. She ran Boston the year before she was diagnosed. They're looking at MS now, but until they find what the real problem is - Fibro.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004
We need an entire thread dedicated solely to dependa stories, we'll call it "Dependa Gone Wild".

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It's a vicious cycle. Dudes want BAH or extra deployment cash and they want healthcare for all their issues and 4 kids all from different dudes.

Sometimes you see the sadness deep in their eyes that maybe he did marry a solid 7/10 but she gained 100 lbs over deployment and turned into a baby mill.

It's even worse with Marines they need e-6 to get BAH. Out of the 800-1,000 or so people where I work I think there's 2-3 single e-5s? One of them recently divorced. Command functions are entertaining if only to laugh at all the fat crazy wives.

One of my Navy co-workers married a 49 year old just last week. He's 24 I believe.

As far as stories I got the usual obese dependa coming into medical because her husband Is complaining about her smelly taint multiple times during sex and you know where this story goes. Weeks old tampon.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 28, 2014

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Christoff posted:

It's a vicious cycle. Dudes want BAH or extra deployment cash and they want healthcare for all their issues and 4 kids all from different dudes.

Sometimes you see the sadness deep in their eyes that maybe he did marry a solid 7/10 but she gained 100 lbs over deployment and turned into a baby mill.

It's even worse with Marines they need e-6 to get BAH. Out of the 800-1,000 or so people where I work I think there's 2-3 single e-5s? One of them recently divorced. Command functions are entertaining if only to laugh at all the fat crazy wives.

One of my Navy co-workers married a 49 year old just last week. He's 24 I believe.

As far as stories I got the usual obese dependa coming into medical because her husband Is complaining about her smelly taint multiple times during sex and you know where this story goes. Weeks old tampon.

One came up and asked if herpes was transmittable to her face from dirty stuff at the food court with her husband. Ever since they closed the ICC at this hospital you get a lot of interesting cases asking random poo poo at the information desk. They think a corpsman is able to diagnose everything and get pissy when I say I'm actually going to call the nurse on duty.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
I know a guy that came back from deployment to discover that his wife had

1) cleaned out his bank account
1a) bought a car in his name
1b) bought a house in his name
2) was living there with another guy
3) wanted divorce

He lost his clearance, got transferred to work in deck department, then was unsuccessful in suicide. I guess it's kind of a sad story.

Visualize the least assertive person you've ever met. Imagine a rather buff woman that looks miles out of his league. Naturally, the wife was cheating on him. To win everything he owned, she told the command he beat her when he found out. He moved into the barracks, got into legal trouble, etc.

However, shortly after that, she got pregnant from her trainer at the gym. Babby daddy said he didn't want to have anything to do with her anymore. She then offered to drop charges and asked him to accept her back. He did. He managed to convince himself that the baby is his despite not having sex with her for 2 years prior.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos
Yep, never getting married, confirmed

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Genetically it's probably best for the baby.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Our command is starting a relationship counseling program. They believe the majority of the stress sailors have is from home. I believe it.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

KetTarma posted:

3) wanted divorce

He lost his clearance, got transferred to work in deck department, then was unsuccessful in suicide. I guess it's kind of a sad story.

Visualize the least assertive person you've ever met. Imagine a rather buff woman that looks miles out of his league. Naturally, the wife was cheating on him. To win everything he owned, she told the command he beat her when he found out. He moved into the barracks, got into legal trouble, etc.

However, shortly after that, she got pregnant from her trainer at the gym. Babby daddy said he didn't want to have anything to do with her anymore. She then offered to drop charges and asked him to accept her back. He did. He managed to convince himself that the baby is his despite not having sex with her for 2 years prior.

poo poo like this is exactly why I'm still single. I got all sorts of poo poo leaving Asia after 5 yrs (2 Japan, 3 Korea) still single. But you know what my retort always was? "I've been listening to you married fuckers tell enough horror stories for 5 years and bitch about your wives so much that it has sterilized me of the idea of getting married". Absolutely true.

There's also something to be said about buying a brand new home before 30 and having money in the bank. Home many married folks (even dual-income) my age can say that? Very few. gently caress 'em.

buttplug fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 28, 2014

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Sir Lucius posted:

Our command is starting a relationship counseling program. They believe the majority of the stress sailors have is from home. I believe it.

a significant portion sure, but im pretty sure the majority of stress sailors have is from the chief's mess and other members of the good idea committee

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

KetTarma posted:

3) wanted divorce

This is pretty much the classic story that happens several times every year on each boat.

Arione posted:

Yep, never getting married, confirmed

Seeing it happen all the time was one of the big reasons for me to get out.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

KetTarma posted:

3) wanted divorce

I have like four variations of this story from my boat alone, including at least one where the baby came out brown and the 'dad' still wouldn't accept the truth

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Snowdens Secret posted:

I have like four variations of this story from my boat alone, including at least one where the baby came out brown and the 'dad' still wouldn't accept the truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB1vNm9kiFk

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
I keep hearing about unhappy marriages ITT, but let's not forget those of us who have married our best friends. :)

The wife and I are incredibly happy together, and we make one another happy. She works hard at her E.E. job, and I work hardly at all at 9502'ing up et "a."

3 years and counting. The dependapotamus is not the normal relationship in the navy, from my experiences.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Angry Fish posted:

I keep hearing about unhappy marriages ITT, but let's not forget those of us who have married our best friends. :)

The wife and I are incredibly happy together, and we make one another happy. She works hard at her E.E. job, and I work hardly at all at 9502'ing up et "a."

3 years and counting. The dependapotamus is not the normal relationship in the navy, from my experiences.

:barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Angry Fish posted:

almost believed this until the last sentence

i guess the majority are dependapotamus OR lbfm sham marriage

• Locked thread