Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I dislike Bo Jackson

rubbish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Bo Jackson is awesome. His 30 for 30 is awesome. He owned so hard, they probably should have renamed the best football game ever to Tecmo Super Bo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I dislike Bo Jackson

Tell us more. :allears:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Are we really going to spend all page chatting about SA2K's wrong opinion about Bo Jackson?

To follow up on the Aqib Talib thing, the police have officially retracted the report on him and it's definitely his brother. This does not change the depressing fact that the most famous Jayhawk in the league is a piece of poo poo who will probably end up doing something similar eventually within the year.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Probably Magic posted:

Are we really going to spend all page chatting about SA2K's wrong opinion about Bo Jackson?

To follow up on the Aqib Talib thing, the police have officially retracted the report on him and it's definitely his brother. This does not change the depressing fact that the most famous Jayhawk in the league is a piece of poo poo who will probably end up doing something similar eventually within the year.

bo bashing is strictly verboten

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

Just relive the days of your randomly amazing D Line from the 90s and hate on Talib with everyone else.

Seriously Gilbert Brown and Dana Stubblefield going to KU is something I still have trouble believing happened.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
sa2k posted something contrarian whoa I'm surprised

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Also, according to SB Nation (and therefore grain of salt), Lewan and Mettenberger are hitting off, which, of course they would. Future Steelers Cabal right there.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah but you didn't like country bear jamboree, either.

EDIT: I had never watched the 30 for 30 on him. Watching it now. It owns.

I just watched it for the first time too... god drat Bo Jackson is awesome.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Volkerball posted:

lol like this needed to be said. BO

I didn't catch these guys yesterday but see?

Everyone needs to watch that.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

nerve posted:

He hates a player that played for rival team. Big deal.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Parlett316 posted:

He hates a player that played for rival team. Big deal.

other players I do not like

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Oakland_Raiders_players

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
hate the team, not the player. steve young owned, jerry rice owned, bo jackson owned, kurt warner owned, marcus allen owned, willie brown owned, etc etc

however, gently caress John Elway Forever and Always, rest in Hell, god bless and hail satan amen.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

nerve posted:

In fairness he's no Emmitt Smith

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Intruder posted:

Bo didn't cry even after sustaining an injury that the trainer thought was impossible to sustain

To be clear, he pulled his own femur out his hip trying to run forward. That's how strong he is.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Then he put his femur back into place with just hulk strength while lying on the field.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Rasczak posted:

In fairness he's no Emmitt Smith

Wait you're not Mourning View

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If Bo Jackson is the reason the Bengals haven't won a playoff game since 1990 then I wish he hadn't ever been born, tbh.

He isn't, curses are dumb.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Febreeze posted:

Wait you're not Mourning View

I hope you're not implying that's a gimmick and not the objective truth :colbert:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

wheez the roux posted:

hate the team, not the player. steve young owned, jerry rice owned, bo jackson owned, kurt warner owned, marcus allen owned, willie brown owned, etc etc

however, gently caress John Elway Forever and Always, rest in Hell, god bless and hail satan amen.

The Seahawks weren't even in the same division during Young and Rice's careers. :colbert:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grozz Nuy posted:

The Seahawks weren't even in the same division during Young and Rice's careers. :colbert:

The Seahawks were in the AFC West when Rice was there

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So is Bo's body going to be donated to science once he dies? Because that poo poo needs to be checked out. He's probably a mutant.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Yea I just watched that 30 for 30 after y'all were talking about it and...uh....

drat.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

The Seahawks were in the AFC West when Rice was there

Also the NFC West when Rice was there,

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The Bo 30 for 30 is great. I remember reading an autobiography-thingy when I was in 8th grade. It's a pretty good read.

http://www.amazon.com/Bo-Knows-Jackson/dp/0515107417

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Herschel Walkers story is really cool too, and he's pretty much the only guy who you can put athletically even in the same league as Bo. He wasn't born with it like Bo was. He got traumatized as a kid by bullying and pretty much lost his poo poo. It's kind of scary really. After he left football, he started playing russian roulette to get the thrill of putting himself at risk. Luckily he found MMA and got back to beating the poo poo out of other people to balance him out. He'll probably be running a 4.4 and looking like he belongs in a mens fitness magazine when he's 80.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Probably Magic posted:

I don't understand why a police department has a PR twitter account which releases information on any celebrity arrests immediately after it happens. Why would that exist?

"Holy crap guys, we arrested someone, hurry up and tweet so we can make TMZ"

Just do your jobs dickheads.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ribsauce posted:

I don't understand why a police department has a PR twitter account which releases information on any celebrity arrests immediately after it happens. Why would that exist?

"Holy crap guys, we arrested someone, hurry up and tweet so we can make TMZ"

Just do your jobs dickheads.

Do you really not understand or are you being facetious?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Volkerball posted:

Herschel Walkers story is really cool too, and he's pretty much the only guy who you can put athletically even in the same league as Bo. He wasn't born with it like Bo was. He got traumatized as a kid by bullying and pretty much lost his poo poo. It's kind of scary really. After he left football, he started playing russian roulette to get the thrill of putting himself at risk. Luckily he found MMA and got back to beating the poo poo out of other people to balance him out. He'll probably be running a 4.4 and looking like he belongs in a mens fitness magazine when he's 80.

One year during his spare time he made the Olympics in the bobsled while he was still a fairly good NFL player. He also insists that he's never lifted and just does like a shitload of pushups and situps every day which is probably bullshit but seems cool so I'm going to say it's true.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jun 30, 2014

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Grozz Nuy posted:

However, Young and Rice dueled against legends Kerry Collins and Mark Carrier when they both were in the NFC West.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

waah posted:

However, Young and Rice dueled against legends Kerry Collins and Mark Carrier when they both were in the NFC West.

THE KING IS DEAD

:smith:

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

MourningView posted:

One year during his spare time he made the Olympics in the bobsled while he was still a fairly good NFL player. He also insists that he's never lifted and just does like a shitload of pushups and situps every day which is probably bullshit but seems cool so I'm going to say it's true.

Don't forget racing trains. That's a key part.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

MourningView posted:

He still stands by that and you used to be able to see him jogging around the AAC sometimes. He also claimed that all of his situps and pushups were during commercial breaks of whatever he was watching. He's weird and awesome and needs his own 30 for 30

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

NFL suspended Eagles RT Lane Johnson four games for violating the league's policy against performance-enhancing drugs.
Source: Paul Domowitch on Twitter Jun 30 - 3:09 PM

Bet it's doping.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Maybe hes taking that fertility drug so he and the wife can make another huge handed baby.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

the_american_dream posted:

He still stands by that and you used to be able to see him jogging around the AAC sometimes. He also claimed that all of his situps and pushups were during commercial breaks of whatever he was watching. He's weird and awesome and needs his own 30 for 30

Yeah his story was that his dad agreed to let him watch as much TV as he wanted when he was a kid but only if he did pushups, situps, or ran laps around the house during commericials, and that he just kept on doing that for the rest of his life and does, like, 3000 pushups a day. So basically make your children do calisthenics while they watch cartoons and one day they will win the Heisman and get traded for a shitload of draft picks.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FizFashizzle posted:

Bet it's doping.

He was just high on life after getting that Febreeze avatar

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Azhais posted:

He was just high on life after getting that Febreeze avatar

I tanked an Eagle. Yesssssssssssssssssssssss