Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Rik Mayall has died
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27770266
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKfbSHW9uGA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CaptainHollywood posted:

This is very surreal news because (at least those of us in our 20s-early 30s) grew up on this show- but I remember when TV used to show "Behind the Scenes TV Movies" of shows our parents used to watch. (I'm pretty sure there were Honeymooners and Brady Bunch ones in particular)

It's official- we've become old.

I'm so excited. I'm so exited. I am so scared!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

precision posted:

Wait, no, that was Bruce Wayne. Sorry.

Oh, come on! That millionaire playboy? He's too busy socializing at cocktail parties and managing the affairs of the Wayne foundation

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

WYA posted:

Okay started watching the Larry Sanders show, pretty funny so far. When would you guys say it's peak is?

The end.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Because The Leftovers doesn't need ludicrously gross amounts of violence to tell a surreal story, it doesn't fall constantly onto that crutch

So a series about a cannibal serial killer and other extreme serial killers should not have "ludicrously gross amounts of violence"?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

When your showrunner is on record as going "well we just tried to see how far we could push it before the FCC shut us down" it's not artistic intent, it's trying to see what you can get away with

Hth

Why can't it be both?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I hope that Diana Rigg gets the Emmy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Eezee posted:

It's not the funniest show category though. Isn't the point of the awards to actually reward the best show in each category?

Are you new to the concept of award shows?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

So is Powers dead then?

I thought Powers is Sony?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ravane posted:

Considering that J.J. Abrams made the only successful and decent Star Trek movies in Star Trek's history of bad movies, I have no doubt that these upcoming Star Wars movies will be successful.

Then what do you call Wrath of Khan, Voyage Home, Undiscovered Country, and First Contact?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ravane posted:

I don't deny that there aren't undiscovered classics like the ones you have listed, but considering that they have not made it into mainstream fame like the original Star Wars and the new Star Trek films, they're considered unsuccessful in my opinion. I've never even heard of those movies.

Into Darkness is a wonderful entrance into the Star Trek universe for the casual viewer. It's also a powerful sequel to the original Star Trek. Your bias because of your attachment to these old movies once again reinforces the blinding nature of nostalgia. Watch these movies with a blank slate, unaffected by the knowledge of previous Star Trek history and you shall find yourself watching a great science-fiction/action movie.

Haha Khan has not made it to mainstream fame. Its also due to these films that there was another series. The attachment to the original films in Into Darkness they ripped off wholesale sections of it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

They changed the future in the movie. They sent that lady scientist back and she was on the airplane with the evil guy. "I'm in insurance."

But did they? I mean Bruce Willis was always sent back in time to die and make the phone call. I got that she also always went back, but the virus still occurred.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Flatscan posted:

The plan was never to prevent the virus, just to get a sample of the original strain so they could develop a cure back in the future.

Mu Zeta posted:

The virus happens but I'm pretty sure the scientists finding out exactly when and how it happened in the first place is brand new. She can get a sample of it and go back to her own time.

I thought the whole reason for sending Cole back was to get a sample to study it in the first place. Otherwise everything in the movie was done for nothing and not even Gilliam is that bleak. They at least saved the remains of humanity in the future.

Yeah but that does not change what I am saying. Nothing changed. She always got the cure in the past since they sent Cole back. They did get the cure but that is the way it always happened. Gilliam is that bleak. Did you ever see Brazil?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

I hate every ape I see

From chimpan-a to chimpan-z?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

raditts posted:

Yes you've fin-ly-made-a-mon-key-out-of-meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I LOVE YOU DOCTOR ZAIUS

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

The first ~50 episodes of Star Trek: Next Generation are godawful. 50 hours of poo poo before it gets good. That puts it above the 1-season wonders.

Season 2 had some great episodes, and even season one had a couple.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

One of my favorite Robin Williams roles was in Homicide. It was one of the first times he played a dramatic roles an it was really really good. He played a dad dealing with the death of his wife, who died senselessly :(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

THERE WAS A FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE FIGHT! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsuH1msEkvM

That movie is loving stupid in the best ways. gently caress the sequel tho.

The best thing to come from that movie was Overnight. Holy poo poo was that documentary amazing and shows how awful a person he is.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

Rodriguez was written out because when she was introduced she was so widely and virulently hated that lindelof and cuse wrote her out, bowing to fan pressure

She was originally meant to be "female jack", more reflective of LOST's original plans to have Kate be the main character and have jack die in the pilot

No that was two certain characters from season 3. Nikki and Paulo. Rodriguez was always meant to die at the end of season 2, the character that was killed off due to Anna Lucia being unlikable was Libby.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

By all accounts he wisely invested his money and owns a lot of real estate. I think Rob Thomas said that he has property everywhere. So even though he's not acting, he lives a very comfortable life.

I loving hate Steve Guttenberg.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lycus posted:

The attack on Hank, though?

They were also important in the Gus/Hector war.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sober posted:

Yeah, what the hell, why did SyFy pass on High Moon anyway? That was amazing.

Needed more sharknatos and less Sci-fi.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I hope the show goes full on batshit and has Comet the horse that turns into a man, and loves Supergirl.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

The fact it's the only show on FX to get critical buzz in years means it might get renewed.

That says it better get renewed or I"m going to cut someone. There is no better show on tv about the horrors of relationships and going for your ideal of perfection and failing then You're the Worst. It even showed the horror of what moving in with someone you love is like and the fear of failure in that (Jimmy and Gretchan's fear at the end of the episode as they unpack the car). No other show has ever owned that the same way (I'm sure someone here that watches more TV then I do will have another show like it) more then Lindsay and Paul who both married the ideal mate in their heads then hated the real marriage.

gently caress is it a good show.

Archer, Justified, and Americans don't get critical buzz?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dead Snoopy posted:

Sam Elliott and Garret Dillahunt have been cast in the final season of Justified on F/X:

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/justified-casts-sam-elliott-garret-dillahunt-for-final-season-roles

:circlefap: Sam Elliott on Justified! :circlefap:

C'mon Yost...you've got 13 more episodes to surprise me w/ an ultimate casting coup of Ian McShane. :homebrew:

Was Sam Elliot's mustache also cast?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

cool kids inc. posted:

Ahem, actually :goonsay:

There was a direct crossover in Buffy's penultimate episode. Angel brought the necklace he received from Wolfram and Hart for reasons I don't remember to Buffy to help in her apocalypse.

It was part of the deal for taking over Wolfram and Hart.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

What is your opinion of headless horsemen shooting shotguns and assault rifles?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gonz posted:

I think we all know who's going to be the antagonist in TD Season 2.

THE DEMON KANE, BAH GAWD!

Why would they fight when they both have the power of Ron Paul?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Chamberk posted:

I thought I was the only one.

Well, it's not quite the same - I have a hard time falling asleep, so sometimes I try to visualize words as I fall asleep and if I can't create coherent sentences, I can tell I'm at least half-asleep.

Also I remember the BTAS episode where they talk about how they almost got him.

It was a big rock.

The best was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow2SVDpd8YA

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

JohnSherman posted:

For all the poo poo that NCIS gets on this forum, I think it deserves some credit for building a sprawling, interconnected universe. They have been doing for years what Marvel and DC are just getting around to now.

Law and Order has been doing it longer.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

precision posted:

"Get married" and "die"? :stare:

Someone make a thread where we guess the question based on board screenshots.

Yeah I have no idea what that is.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 1, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

"biggest events in a person's life" probably

Then explain 9 iron.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

^^John Cho as a demon in a burning Washington's secret tomb.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ah I only ever watched a few episodes of Alias. It seemed one of those shows where if you missed an episode you wouldn't be sure who was on which side anymore, based on how it started. Seemed fun enough though.

It also involved yelling at the screen wondering why no one put a bullet in a certain characters head, due to him betraying them a bunch and ordering the deaths of their loved ones.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Yes. But only for like a minute before he ended up trapped in a cave under some rocks for the rest of time. Alias got pretty lovely after season 2, but drat if those first 2 seasons weren't solid.

His death was also the only good part of the finale. Once they did the time skip it went all to hell.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I hope this means what I think it means

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I think that was the feature on the blu ray with the Palmer family.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

net cafe scandal posted:

Where do I go to talk about Twin Peaks.

The Twin Peaks thread!!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3219081&pagenumber=1

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

It's not as bad as it could be given it is written by Bendis maybe the worst comic author working today.

I like how you say this when Bendis has written some amazing stuff, and Powers is a really good comic. There are also much much worse writers out there, like Scott Lobdell and Mark Millar

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

House of M for the win, maybe the only storyline worst then that is One More Day.

Someone needs to read the 90s comics or even some DC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

How about Jessica Jones and Luke Cage have anal sex or the general uselessness of his pet characters that can do no wrong.

You mean Alias which is very well regarded?

• Locked thread