Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just binged it over the last couple of days. It's really pretty hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, he's got some kind of radar super power.

Mostly his deal is he's a gritty, street level guy who fights organized crime, drug dealers, and the like in Hell's Kitchen all while he doubles as a small time lawyer for the innocent or victims. Also he's got a lot of Catholic guilt for hurting people or something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I haven't seen episode five yet but no, there's no too much a narrative. I mean, the basic story is the search for the missing girl but its pretty much a whole lot of Victorian horror classics thrown together. I think its fun because I'm a sucker for Victorian horror and I think the actors are doing a good job, especially Eva Green, but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend the show to people. If you aren't drawn in my the basic idea of "Penny dreadful" then its probably not worth your time.

I mean, I like it and I still haven't made the time to watch the episode that aired four days ago.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's a part of me that wants to watch Girl Meets World for old times sake but I mean, I know its not for me. Its a show for teenage girls and I'm not going to become one of those goons watching a show not meant at all for them and complaining the whole time like it should. Every tv show on the set doesn't owe itself to cater to me. Even if Cory and Topanga make the nostalgic part of me sad this isn't one of the ones that does.

I watched the opening. Just looks like Disney Channel to me. I'm guessing Boy Meets World would look similar to me if I went back and rewatched it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Here's what I think happens. A show debuts or starts to make waves. A few poster speak up about it. That encourages a few more to check it out. A groundswell starts to form. The show now has a small fanbase in here and it becomes vocal. This draws the attention of even more posters who check it out. Eventually if enough people check it out due to the buzz some of them are going to dislike it. Just like the positive buzz might have taken a few people to spark it a negative buzz works the same way. After a lot of people praising the show someone says "I didn't like it." Now someone else feels safer saying "I didn't like it either" when they've been sitting on that because they didn't want to be a buzz kill. Then a third voice kicks in. Now you've got the counter.

Its not some "too cool for school" desire to break against the new cool thing. Its just that new cool thing won't be for everyone and just like you have people praising it you'll eventually get the equal and opposite reaction. Call it NeTVIVon's Third Law or something. When you get a string of people "tripping over themselves" to say they disliked something its probably just because they're responding to a string of people tripping over themselves to praise something.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 16, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maxwell Lord posted:

You know, considering how completely loving impotent they are, I am starting to wonder if One Million Moms might actually be a sham group created to drum up attention- and so good PR- for when companies acknowledge that gay people exist.

I mean, it's still good for the companies to do so because it's an indicator of larger social change, but I'm trying to remember if OMM have ever done anything besides complain about commercials.

They're a spinoff project from the anti gay hate group American Family Association. I presume they exist primarily so the AFA can lead its campaigns without being directly tied to the hate group label. Kind of a "softer arm" of the group that can focus on Ellen and commercials making your kids gay while the AFA is busy telling people Hitler and the Nazis were a gay group.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 17, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eureka just seemed determined to confuse the poo poo out of you with all the weird time and dimensional jumps. I still don't loving know the deal with Carter and Zoe passing themselves on the road. Eureka was the darkest, most twisted, and confusing "light" and friendly show I've ever seen.

I miss it.

Supernatural does routine small time jumps like Mad Men that usually work out fine. But they're mostly there to just cover up some story time, not to try and change up the game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm also pretty sure the entire season of Game of Thrones is up on HBO On Demand which I had back when my cable provider really sucked and didn't give me access to HBO Go (or back before I owned an ipad and/or smart tv). But you should have HBO Go and if you just upgraded to hd I assume you have or are willing to invest in a way to watch that on your tv.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Deadpool posted:

Also I've never seen the film it's based on so there doesn't seem to be a prerequisite for that. Everything is pretty well set up in the first few minutes so I didn't feel as if I missed anything by not seeing it.

The movie was pretty uninspired and there's not much to miss. I caught the first few minutes of the show and they seemed to cover the very little mythology in the movie and you can get the basics of the movie idea easily (angels suck and are pretty monsterous, Michael's a good guy, and God is kind of an rear end in a top hat). The movie was really just a bad cliche horror film with monsters fighting people to the usual kind of horror result. There was just some interesting CGI.

It's just the idea the movie set up that's kind of interesting, but the movie itself didn't really deal much with that. It's basically a prelude.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Trying to empty off my DVR and get back into TV for the summer. I had no real time to watch all spring so I just lost track on everything. I guess I have to wait until I can catch up on all the fall shows on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

I enjoyed The Strain. It didn't seem great but it was fun and kept me engaged. I suspect I'll enjoy this as the internet hates it. Also I've never seen anything the main actor was in before so I didn't even notice his wig. So I guess I'm just easy to please.

I should catch up with Wilfred too. I bailed last season but I'm not sure why. Either it got too weird or not weird enough. I just think I don't enjoy it week to week but if I can sit down with it for a weekend my mind gets hosed and I enjoy it.

I ruined it. Sorry, Occ.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You guys should really be watching Banshee then.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nip/Tuck was horrible and I'll never forget it. Nip/Tuck scarred me.

And yet I still gave Glee 2+ years of viewing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Didn't another get killed by a cartel? drat, being a sexy ADA in the Law & Order world is hazardous.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm glad to hear no one else understands Wilfred either.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Haha. People are going to lose their poo poo over that. I like it, though. And yeah, it sounds like they really have an idea of what they want to do it and that's really what's most important.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It just seems like the right approach to a comic adaption. Comics live in that weird time period where Batman's been the same age for 50 years and all the major world changes still happen. Setting the show in the same kind of timeless place makes a lot of sense and gives you the same freedom comics have.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sober posted:

I was just thinking but did anyone here remember the Blade TV show (that lasted one season) on Spike or something?

Weirdly I own that on DVD and not only have I never watched it but I don't even remember buying it.

I'm currently on an unplanned not great vampire show kick watching The Strain and I just started From Dusk Til Dawn on Netflix and with a tentative plan to watch the last season of True Blood next. So maybe I'll just commit to the them and go the full way and watch Blade finally now that you reminded me it exists.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

How are Hemlock Grove and Witches of East End? I sort of feel like being a dork and easing into an October of horror movies with a September of mediocre horror tv.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh. Charmed was fine pulp tv but the ads I saw made Witches seem darker to me. Maybe I'll just look around Netflix and Amazon Prime and pick random stuff. There's bound to be lots of stuff like Teen Wolf, Lost Girl, whatever.

Mediocre horror(ish) tv here I come.

By the way, I'm two episodes into From Dusk Til Dawn and I'm cautiously optimistic about it. Its kind of interesting how they seem to following the movies outline but adding a LOT of stuff before and during it to flesh it out. And they already seem to be diverging a bit so I don't imagine having seen the movie will ruin too much for me. I'm not expecting a lot but it seems like it could be a respectably fun show.

My main criticism about it is watching the lawn mowing kid from Desperate Housewives do his best George Clooney impersonation. Its really jarring.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well its on Lifetime so I'm assuming a certain amount of soap/relationship factor to it. But Charmed was kind of light and fluffy. Even when Charmed was doing stuff like demons from Hell trying to take over it was all pretty much like it was directed at 12-year-old girls. Which it probably was since it was on CW/WB.

The ads for Witches are all dark and fire and stuff so I just got the sense it had more of a dark plot and consequences. I assume its target demographic is women but I also assumed it had a more mature slant given the jump in general tv changes from Charmed days to today. But maybe that was just deceptive advertising meant to sucker in people like me who didn't even know Lifetime made tv shows.

Oh, speaking of shows on channels traditionally meant for women and not me, Vampire Diares. That's supposed to be worth watching, right? I guess I can add that to my mediocre vampire watch list.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Season 1 is trashy and flawed but entertaining and shows potential for something greater.
Season 2 is a well told story that feels like the show has reached its potential and might be something great.
Season 3 is a major step back that feels like the show is losing focus but might be pulling it back together by the end.

If the show ended there it would have probably been remembered well. The good arguably outweighed the bad while the central premise still seemed off track there was some resolution and promise that they hadn't completely lost focus. S3 is after is when the show just loses itself in insane ideas, nonsensical tangents, and no clear idea what it wants to do at all.

Season 4 is a roller coaster of hope that its coming together and dread that it has no idea what its doing, which wins out by the absurd end.
Season 5 is an all too familiar mix of some good things coupled with the now obviously predominant mess of a terrible show.
I haven't been able to get through Season 6 in three tries. Its one of the worst things I've ever watched.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In the first season it felt like there was some trashy or stupid stuff but it was an interesting spin on Shakespearean ideas that a good writer could make something really interesting from.

Then by the third or fourth season it becomes abundantly clear that the show is trash and stupid from a creator who isn't capable of anything more than that and actually revels in it. That's when you realize the good stuff was just stolen from superior stories and writers such as Shakespeare.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DrVenkman posted:

They're also fond of doing this 'gentle song with VIOLENT IMAGES' montage because, I don't know, it's like irony or something.

Sons was heavily recommended to me by a couple of friends who said they loved it, comparing it to shows like The Shield, Sopranos, and The Wire. I resisted the suggestion at first because they're not people I tend to agree with when it comes to subjective taste like that but I knew the Shield connection and I found the idea kind of cool and one of them said it was based on Shakespeare so I checked it out. I was watching S1 and saw some good (the Macbeth/Hamlet thing) and some bad but mostly felt it was reasonably enjoyable trash and not the lofty stuff my friends had told me. I got into debates with my friends asking why they thought it was so great and they talked it up so much and I questioned by idea that it was trash and thought maybe I just wasn't appreciating it fully.

Then I saw the scene where Jax and Tara make love next to the body of the fed they just murdered as he bleeds out and the goofy song he was going to rape Tara to played. Every instinct I had told me to stop watching right then because no show that did that would ever be able to shake that instinct. My friends convinced me otherwise and I kept soldering on, loved the end of the season, and got hooked on S2.

But I should have followed my instincts when that song played. It would have avoided everything that followed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Uppa posted:

After never watching a single episode of SoA, or being spoiled on a single plot point, the incessant conversation about it in TVIV made me break down and start watching season 1. I'm through 5 or 6 episodes, and while it's not terrible, it's also far from good. I'm still trying to will my way through more episodes, but I feel zero compulsion to do so. Does it get better, or is this show really as mediocre as it seems?

Most agree it gets better in the second season but then goes back to mediocre in S3 and drops so much lower afterwards.

It's not worth watching.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So I'm trying to make sense of this DC movie and tv thing. Someone tell me if I got it right or wrong.

Man of Steel is the start of a DC Movie Universe like Marvel's that continues with Batman vs Superman, Justice League, and then a bunch of unnamed ones. None of the past stuff including the Bale Batman films have anything to do with it.

At the same time DC is flooding the tv market with shows but they're not part of the movie universe? But at the same time they're keeping the tv and movie characters seperate and some of the tv shows crossover (Arrow/Flash) and some don't based on networks? But it sounds like there isn't any real coherent plan here as far as continuity, its just about throwing as much poo poo at the wall as possible to see what sticks?

On the flip side the Marvel stuff is ALL connected, right? All the movies, Agents of Shield, the upcoming Captain America spinoff, and the Netflix series in development? Basically an entire insane multi media universe that revolves around Sam Jackson's eyepatch?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ghostrider films aren't in the MCU as far as I understand.

I think I agree with Sir Kodiak. I'm not a fantasy or sci if fan but I have no qualms with watching Thor or Guardians because I fully expect all the MCU movies to carry the same kind of light hearted, jokey but serious tone to them. They seem to walk this nice line between not taking themselves so seriously that it feels silly or bogged down but also taking themselves seriously enough that it feels real and meaningful.

I would say more than anything what I'm a fan of with the MCU is partly why I like USA as a network. When I start watching one of their new shows/movies I have a pretty good idea of what to expect and it hits the right chords with me. Besides that I'm just impressed with the sheer ambition of what they're doing since I can't think of anything like it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Marvel's approach is a spectacle onto itself. Its ambitious, unique, unprecedented, and from what I've seen well done. I enjoy that interconnected universes almost as much as the invidual properties themselves because I'm a nerd and was a comic nerd when I was a kid and this is just something cool I never thought would ever happen but probably dreamed of as a kid.

I have no major problem with DC just doing individual stuff. Its just slightly confusing when some shows or films are in the same universe and some aren't. Or that they're starting a Justice League series of films but none of the other Justice League hero properties I see have anything to do with it. Or that they're pushing so hard to do so much at the same time and I needed a slight road map to make sense of it. Its just kind of jumbled.

That doesn't make it bad. I intend to give Gotham and Constantine a try when they debut, I'm hoping the second season of Arrow pops up on Netflix soon so I can give it and Flash a try for the new season, and now that I know Man of Steel is the start of a Justice League movie franchise I might finally watch that DVD that's been sitting on my shelf since my birthday. I was just trying to make it clear what was going on.

Besides, its not like Marvel doesn't have its own seperate movie continuities with the Spider-Men films and the X-Men universe. I know that's due to studio rights so its different but I get it that everything doesn't have to be in the same net. Even if I'd really like Marvel to get back the Fantastic Four since that was a childhood favorite of mine and the movies suck.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Anyone watching The Intruders on BBC America? I've got five episodes on my DVR and with the fall season starting as well as my month long annual unhealthy over consumption of horror films its time for me to decide whether I delete the show I've never really been that inspired to watch or give it a chance.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I quit watching Z Nation five minutes into the second episode (because I'm a weirdo who stops watching shows I don't enjoy) but I definitely remember them mentioning the old "fresh zombies are fast, older zombies are slow because they decomposed" reasoning. Its pretty standard zombie rules. In fact I'd say that the old "fast vs slow" debate has just given way to that "rational" explanation.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Amazon's interface definitely sucks. I assume that it really won't improve as long as its tied to Amazon Prime since there's no real reason to beef up one side of the package when most of your customers are really paying for the other side. I really only go to it when I'm looking for a show or movie that Netflix doesn't have.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

It's not the dread and menace that they have a problem with, it's solely the gore. And yet they're okay with severed vampire dongs.

I'm horrified whenever I see trauma done to genetalia in a movie or tv show and yet the mentioned scene from The Strain didn't give me that reaction. I was shocked but I wasn't horrified, because it was purely fantasy. There's a very real difference in watching horrible poo poo that could never possibly happen and watching horrible poo poo that could and probably does happen every day. The gore is as much tied to the setting and feel of the show as the story content or mood.

I can watch the Walking Dead and The Strain and Supernatural and Game of Thrones and all the horrific poo poo that happens in those shows because the settings and context make it so foreign to my world that it never feels remotely real. But I can't stomach Criminal Minds or SVU because sick human beings do twisted and evil things to real human beings every day and watching that poo poo fictionalized just destroys me. I don't finish an episode of The Walking Dead or The Strain and worry about a zombie or vampire apocalypse. But I don't want to put my head down and think about children being brutalized or something like that because that poo poo is real.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I remember watching that show but I'd never bother re-watching. It was just a generic sitcom that probably doesn't age well.

And I think that Friends crossover was a big gimmick think Must See TV did one time where all of its shows crossed over in totally insignificant ways. I think Jonathan Silverman's The Single Guy was in on it too and a fourth show. Maybe Suddenly Susan?

The weird poo poo that takes up space in your memory. And suddenly I'm realizing The Single Guy was basically the prototype for How I Met Your Mother.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The only thing I remember about The Naked Truth is that I had a massive crush on Tea Leoni in the 90s. Actually, come to think of it I think a massive crush on Lea Thompson was the only reason I watched Caroline in the City. And Laura San Giacomo on Just Shoot me.

I guess 90s me was really into flighty artists and writers struggling to make it on their own in the big city.

I do the Single Guy/Ming Na thing too. Also every time i see Kathy Griffin I curse Suddenly Susan for unleashing her on the world.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

precision posted:

Maybe I'm old, but goddamn, what's the big deal?
This is where I am during everyone of these debates. I still have vivid memories of messing around with a VCR timer to record six hours of shows on a VHS one show at a time and wearing that tape so thin I couldn't see anything. I'm still in the high from how the DVR lets me follow shows each week without actually locking me into them at the same time each week or how missing one week's episode doesn't mean I'm screwed until it airs as a repeat. I'm still reveling in being able to watch whole seasons of shows without dropping $30 a pop or even worse waiting weeks in syndication. Ads on On Demand or Streaming services? Doesn't affect me in the slightest.

I totally get that as the technology evolves and as generations grow up with it that the appreciation for its vast improvement over the previous setups will lessen. I just always end up feeling so old during these things because I just don't feel the same (for lack of a better word) entitlement for it and still have this "when I was a kid we had to watch everything live and you better be back from the bathroom before the commercial break or you're hosed!" mindset.

I mean, I'm still loving being able to rewind a few seconds to catch a sports highlight I missed or a line I didn't catch. I feel like it's going to be a long time before I let out anything more than a grumble when I'm stuck watching commercials on the show I didn't catch live, didn't record, and am now watching at me leisure without doing anything.

Don't get me wrong, some ads or services suck. The ones that repeat the same ad over and over can drive you mad, the stuff that ends up playing over episodes or interrupting them mid line suck, and there's definitely a line where too many ads is overkill (if it's taking me longer than an hour to watch the show then we have a problem). And I really wish my cable's On Demand would let me skip forward in an episode so I'm not stuck watching the half of the episode I already saw before my recording got messed up. Just give me some ads for it like Hulu or other streaming services do. Just do me a favor and unlike Hulu don't make them all the same ad.

But for the foreseeable future that's all going to stay very minor headaches and things I grumble about before I sit down to watch my show. I still feel like it's that Louie CK bit where he gets mad at the guy on his flight who complained about no wireless while they were flying through the air.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The one thing about modern TV that genuinely angers me is looking at those boxes of vhs tapes and dvd box sets sitting in my house useless that I spent God knows how much money on. poo poo, some of it wasn't even that long ago. Forget the absurdly priced vhs sets from 15 years ago, I can't believe I spent $100 for The Wire just like five years ago when it's streaming on like three services for me now.

But I'm sure there's some dude looking at a box of laserdiscs or beta tapes who has it way worse off.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

raditts posted:

LMAO if you didn't use those 20-digit VCR Plus codes in the TV Guide to record what you wanted.
Seriously though, I'm pretty sure my VCR let you schedule recording for certain channels at certain times. Man, I haven't thought about that in a while, those were dark times.

Yeah, my TV/VCR had a simple timer so I could just set it for 9 PM to 10 PM Tuesday or whatever. But God, those VCR+ things were hell personified. No one who didn't experience it first hand could possible understand what we went through. There's a real reason people used to joke about being unable to set their VCR timers. That poo poo was complicated!

And Jesus, the TV Guide. Remember a time when the ONLY way for you to know what was on TV was by buying a TV Guide or a newspaper? No guides on the TV. Then somewhere along the line they introduced that channel that scrolled through all the channels for the next two hours and the game changed. Now I could see what was on TV for the next hour! As long as I had the patience to wait! Wait, gently caress! I got distracted and missed my channel! Ok, have to wait another few minutes for it to scroll around.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I HATE Catherine Tate but I actually really like Donna and she definitely has the best story and development of any Dr. Who companion I saw. Yeah, she's annoying and hateable at first but that develops into someone I really like.

And actually I recent finished off The Office and I felt the same way about her. She starts off super annoying but by the end develops into a reasonably likable and funny character.

So is that what she does? Is Tate's entire bit to be as obnoxious and likable to start so that when she becomes a more likable character you're so relieved and happy?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cinemax > Starz

Starz might have gotten the slight edge when it was airing Spartacus but now I would be totally fine divorcing Starz from my cable package if I could do it easily, with no loss of anything else, and for some actual savings. Cinemax has some fun shows like Banshee and Strike Back, and I still haven't given The Knick a try.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dead Snoopy posted:

As a new viewer, I was shocked to see how underwhelming Damon Wayans, Jr. is in this show.

They basically added him to the show without any idea what to do with him. It was completely apparent that they said "Wayans' show got cancelled! We can bring Coach back!" without ever asking themselves who the hell Coach is or how he fits into this group. His first few episodes were actually really awkward and he wasn't any fun at all.

Since then they're kind of developing a character and role for him. The show has a bad history of not knowing what to do with characters when they're introduced but gradually working them into a good role and I think Wayans is on his way there. But his inclusion was forced and awkward so there have been growing pains.

And I agree that Jessie/Zoey has really grown into a strong part of the cast and really the surprisingly most stable one of the bunch. She's still got her quirks and weird aspects but she's more or less developed into the straight man of the group, which is an important role that some people always seem to think is discardable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I begun watching Arrow in Netflix this week and God drat am I mad at myself for waiting this long. This show is so much fun and I'm so into it. It perfectly walks the line between fantastic comic book action that's just a little too fantastic to be real without going so far as to feel ridiculous. And it has absolutely mastered the art of ending an episode with a dramatic revelation or tense cliffhanger that demands I watch the next episode immediately. I wasn't at all expecting this show to be this good or hook me this quick. It's got really tight and fast pacing I wasn't expecting at all. Revelations and secrets you'd wait all season for and only see at finales or break episodes come every few episodes and no story or situation wears out its welcome. Even the questionable stories or elements like The Huntress or the early Laurel/Ollie/Tommy triangle resolved themselves quickly enough that i didn't have time to get annoyed or sick of them.

I'm really glad I started watching. I'm even happier I had the foresight to record this season's episodes of Arrow and Flash from the start of the season so they're all on my DVR and when I finish on Netflix I can jump right in. This show has me totally hooked.

• Locked thread